Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to DKravec

Shatema I'm so grateful you joined us. You are such a wonderful spirit of God's voice and you are so encouraging. So glad God led you to us.

As I was on the plane coming home from GA I had a long list of post items I wanted to write about of course after getting in after midnight and having to be up in 4.5 hours for work it will have to wait.

Dawna I want you to know you have so inspired me that I switched gyms today to one that has a more serious tone while being supportive.

Emotionally I've lost two very important people in my life and it takes every bit of effort not to contact them and want to find a way to mend what has been toxic. My love for them says to me "there's still hope, there's still hope". While having to leave them in God's hands and accepting my loss I also understand why God keeps on trying with us fallible humans.

Thank God for each and every one of you.

I know some of you are not in a financial position to do so, but how many of you would be interested in a retreat where we could all spend a 3 day weekend together in a beautiful area of Texas where you could fly into Dallas which is a main hub and therefore cheaper and we could scrap and laugh and cry and rant and rave and eat and drink and just BE together?

Let me know and if interested I'll be happy to put it together. Some of these retreat locations are so inexpensive that the weekend can be just a couple hundred dollars for the room and board.

Love to all of you.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

Beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful day here!!!! Sun is shining, sky is blue and temps in the 40's! There is a strong possibility that I will get out of me jammies and take this body for a walk!!!! I know I can, I know I can, I know........

Shatema, I need to buy 2 pairs of shoes when I buy shoes. It's also very difficult to get a proper fit....but it is what it is. Norsdstrom's is the only store that will split a pair of shoes...that's a big savings, but their shoes are expensive too.

Bren, a retreat you say? Hmmmm.....that's so enticing......

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Bren, What a wonderful time that would be. Dallas is just about a 5 hour drive for me. To meet some of your wonderful sisters that have inspired me so much would be a blessing. I got to have lunch with Yvonne a while back when she came to visit Texas. Norma and I got together for lunch a couple of times and to scrap once before she moved to Dallas.
I so wish that I had big money to fly everyone to in to be together. I am very thankful for Deb, giving us this place to meet online.

I need to get to work now. The managers are all back in the office today and I have loads to do.

Love and hugs to each and everyone of you beautiful ladies. May God bless you each this day.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

Hmmmm, just checked...round trip $267 to $400; non-stop; 3.45 hours....hmmmmmmm......

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

• scrapwriter Said:

I know some of you are not in a financial position to do so, but how many of you would be interested in a retreat where we could all spend a 3 day weekend together in a beautiful area of Texas where you could fly into Dallas which is a main hub and therefore cheaper and we could scrap and laugh and cry and rant and rave and eat and drink and just BE together?

Let me know and if interested I'll be happy to put it together. Some of these retreat locations are so inexpensive that the weekend can be just a couple hundred dollars for the room and board.

Love to all of you.

Sounds so wonderful Bren. I'll have to live pricariously (sp?) thru you all. Hopefully next year will be better for me.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to DKravec

So if I book a flight 5 months in advance its $700 from Calgary to Dallas, If I go from Great Falls, Montana its $550 LOL be cheaper to drive but longer

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Drayia

Stopping by for a quick hello. Where are all you beautiful peps this afternoon.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Bren a retreat sound so much fun, count me in... just need ahead of time to put in for vacation...

Will be hit again tonight with another snow storm, and maybe worse than the one last Thursday... Deb it's coming your way... ;0)

Once again I have to move out Physical Th because of the weather... ding winter...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Stopping by for a quick hello. Where are all you beautiful peps this afternoon.

"peps".....you typing shorthand again.....i sat here forever trying to figure out peps.....ok, so i'm slow

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Linny, All I can say is I am a poor girl from the hood. Slag is my first langauge. Oh no, I mean I am hip like that. Yea that's it.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Euroalien

Afternoon Ladies,

Linny, your too funny girl! Up until now the only thing on me that was a size 8, was my ring finger!!!

Bren, so glad you found a gym that aligns more closely with your goals. I do hope you have a great experience with your new place.

Lorna, we had a great time last night at our SIL's birthday celebration. Took some family pictures and it seems to me that hubby took one of me also. I'll have to check, but if so, I'll share it.

Bren, I love the idea of a retreat, but I'm afraid I'm saving my pennies and hubby's vacation time to see Dad and Wanda later in the year. Trying to work it out so that we can all take a RV trip together. They are really starting to get up there in age and there are so many places they haven't seen. Would love to take them to Yosemite to see the big caldera, or to Montana to see the Northern Lights, or to Florida for a Disney World visit, or even do a fall foliage trip up through New England into Canada. We're just trying to decide what's feasible so I'll have to pass on this years retreat. But, I'll be their in spirit though!

Bren, I'm afraid the time has come where hubby and I need to part ways with some old friends too. I pray that I have the right words to do this with kindness and wisdom. Right now I'm just full of anger and outrage. Not a good place to be...

Yvonne and Deb, bundle up and stay warm! Hope you're all having a nice afternoon ladies.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

slag? now that's almost as funny as peps!

Let me check some of the places here. See what I come up with.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I'm finding weekends from as little as 160 including meals

Here's an example of one I think is pretty nice and it is 198 per person and includes meals.

Tell me what you think...

http://www.memorylaneinn.com/photo-gallery-tyler.html

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DKravec

Debbie glad you had a good time at the party

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Bren I would most def been interested just let me know when so i can save for it. When are planning on doing it this year or next.

And thank you for you kind words Bren. You all are so amazing and wonderful woman i am blessed God led me to you all to

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Lorna how nice that you have met some of these beautiful ladies

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Linny poor lady i would go crazy if i had that issue

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Bren that place looks wonderful im so down

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to babigirl

Bren, I am going to go check out the site.

DH is raising money for Children with Cancer. I have been busy tonight posting the link for donations. I have to be supportive of him in this as I know how dear to his heart it is. His youngest daughter saved the older ones life with her stem cell. Ashley was only a toddler. If anyone is interested in donating $1 or 2, here is the web site to donate amd support him(Roy Guevara) . No pressure here I am just sharing.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/search/Roy%20Guevara

Okay now I am going to look at that web site Bren posted. Sounds exciting.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

How's my girlies doing????

Lorna, thanks for posting the link....I just donated in memory of my 'bestest' friend ever!!!

Bren, that inn looks lovely. But, ummmm, I see there are a lot of beds in the rooms. I never slept with a woman....I mean, never shared a room with a woman. Well, that's not quite right. Diane, Marlene, and I went on vacations together and we slept in the same room. But we were real life friends....now that you all are not real....but, just not sure we are close enough yet to share a snore, dribble, or fart. Hahahaha.....reminds me of my first vacation away without adults....I was just 18 yrs old....we were 6 girls in a cabin at a ranch. And for 5 out of 6 of us it was 'that time of the month'....geez! What planning!!!! And none of us ever went on a horse! I had my hair all done up in cascading curls....whatta group!

But I digress......the inn looks lovely and the menu looked good too. Just not sure about 6 chicas in a room

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics