Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Lorna Lee

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to dkscrapper

Hi ladies. I have not received G45 paper yet, but I will probably get it next week sometime. I was thinking of a shadowbox swap , I would start it towards the middle or end of March. To make sure everyone gets the G45 paper. Let me know who is interested.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Scrap Smart

Evening ladies. We got hit BIG time with the winter snow storm. Woke up to about 6inches. I couldn't see my car this morning. The snow stuck to it everywhere. Thank God the plows were out early so the streets were clear so I was able to do some morning errands. The roads are very wet so I hope they don't turn to ice over night.

Sounds like the plans are still going well. So happy for you all.

Martica, I won't be able to join your swap this time around. I'm unable to afford to pick up the graphic 45 paper or any other supplies. But I'll probably follow along so I can enjoy the fun.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Lorna Lee

Yay for bible study I do hope you come back and share a world with us.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb I am glad you are safe.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to babigirl

Hello ladies.

Hope everyone is doing good. I see the plans are coming along..

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to auntieant

Hey dearies!

Well, we haven't gotten the snow that was predicted, but the wind is unbelievable! We were out tonight.....costco ~ $360!!! OK...$55 of that was membership fee. But they just seemed to have things I needed!!!!! Got six throw pillows for the sofas....and a bunch of other stuff.

Then I come home and QVC has a one time value....yep, I ordered it...Dell Laptop will be arriving beginning of April. $550 with shipping. It seemed like a good deal. Windows 8, Intel Dual Core, 4GB ARAM 500GBHD whatever that means, and 4 years of Tech Support.

So, it was an expensive day!!!!!

Oh, and while we were out, I saw more stuff for my SS.

I really love shopping whether for myself or others.....just love shopping!!!!!

OK.....so that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!!!!!

Sweet Dreams...

Martica, I'm waiting on my G45....and I definitely want to play!!!

Edited by Linnny on 03-06-13 09:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

Linda that sound like a super day... me too luv shopping.
Last night after china painting class I did some major shopping too (big hole in checkbook ) my teachers husband (he will be 91 in May) use to be a jewlery maker/sales and now he is selling out what he has in inventory. Got me two beautiful rings and one ring for my m-i-l for her upcoming 70th B'day this fall, at least now I know she gets something she likes.
My mil was there too and did some even bigger shopping..... ;0)
Like some pretty blings!!!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Good morning my lovely friends.

Linny - so so sorry to hear about your neck hurting you. Since your neck is hurting I will go to the masseuse today on your behalf, how's that? I know - I'm a terrific friend aren't I?

Dawna - OMG OMG OMG (sorry God to use your name like that 3 times in a row - but it's that nice). If you can let us know the breakdown of the costs involved for product so we can get that part to you and sorted.

Shatema - your joy and happiness just brings a smile to my face. Thanks for being so cheery and yea for the scrapping.

Lorna - one can never have enough butterflies in their life - you should know I'm a computer freak geek so my explanations are linear which does not bode well for the art world.

I'm hoping and praying that Susie and Terri and Donna will join us whether day trips or the entire weekend (weekend would be a LOT more fun). I'm so excited....are we there yet?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

Hey Bren, ummmm, my neck wasn't hurting, till you mentioned it!!!! Ouch!!!!!

Love hearing all the excitement here!!!!!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Morning Ladies,

Had a great time at my crop yesterday. Slept well last night again. Sure feels good to be on the mend!

Bren, I'm confused darlin??? OMG, OMG, OMG, WHAT? WHAT??? WHAT???? Money, money for what? Are you talking about my sample journal I posted yesterday??? If so, slow down sugar!!! You're way ahead of me!!! lol

RETREAT TRAVELER'S PLEASE READ:

I've only heard from a few ladies, so let's give everyone that's going a chance to catch up and decide if they like the project idea first! lol Then we can decide if we all want to do the journal from the same paper collection OR make the paper our own personal choice.

Project Idea: If you have not yet had a chance to jump over to my blog and have a look at the proposed Memory Journal for our trip, please take a minute to look. The link is in my signature. The idea is that we would each bring a few pictures of ourselves and a brief bio (9 copies each) to share with each other. We would all create a Memory Journal and load it up with our pictures and bio's of each other. We would make the journal big enough to add more trip pictures and memorabilia to it for when we get home. As you can see from the pictures, the journal is super, super, super easy to create. I'll write out the directions (very simple) and identify the supplies you need pack.

I believe Bren, Shatema, and Yvonne all like this idea so far. Do the rest of you ladies like the project idea? If so, we can approach this in one of two ways:

Group Paper Choice: We can all create our Memory Journal using the same paper collection. For me personalty, I currently like the "Well Traveled" collection by Carta Bella for a group project choice. The papers a very heavy making them a good choice for a journal. I also like the vintage travel motif and the striking color palette. But this is my personal taste so I want to make sure that everyone loves the paper collection if we go with a group choice. Lesson learned from my design team days, creating with papers you don't like is a real bummer!

Or we could agree to make this a Personal Paper Choice: This way we could either use supplies from our own stash so nothing extra, except the cinch binding wire, needs to be purchased. Or we would have the option to purchase our own favorite collection to work with. After all we'd still be creating the same project but we would each get the chance to exercise our own creativity, making each journal uniquely our own. This would also give us more control over how much we want to spend on our project. Some can use up goodies from their stash others may want to buy a new collection with all the goodies to go with it. Your choice.

So ladies, please look at the project and decide if you like it. And, let me know if want to do a 'group choice' or a 'personal choice.' If you want to do a 'group choice' do you like "Well Traveled?" Or, should I keep looking?

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Dawna.s Place

Hello Ladies..

I guess I'm not included in the day trip visits for the retreat..

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to auntieant

Stef are u coming to visit or do u want to do the retreat???? Would luv to meet u in person...
;0)

Dawna like the journal and either way with papers are fine with me, like your paperline you have in mind - let the others decide....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to auntieant

Now Stefanie, you know it was just as oversight that your name wasn't there also. Poor Bren probably has a ton of plans running thru her mind right now. Bren is too kind hearted to forget anyone on purpose. It's just not in her nature.

Dawna, I saw your journal. Awesome looking.

Linnny, there was a time that QVC and me were BFF's. I sure miss those days. Everyone now in then she'll send me a little post card saying how much she misses me also.

Shatema, you are such a sweety for thinking about me. I am safe and sound in my little cubby hole riding out the storm. It's a bit warmer today so the snow is starting to melt off the trees and the roofs of the houses. Every now and then you'll hear the crash of snow falling.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to auntieant

• auntieant Said:
Hello Ladies..

I guess I'm not included in the day trip visits for the retreat..

Awe, Stefanie, surely you were meant to be included! Like Deb said, Bren is on overload with details right now. Nothing more than an unintended over sight sugar! Stefanie, you know Bren better than that and she's going to be crushed when she realizes her forgetfulness! I'm looking forward to meeting you too Stefanie!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Thanks Yvonne and Deb! Stay safe and warm from the storms ladies. Raining here in Sun City this morning.

Ladies, if your too rushed to hop over to my blog for a look, here's the front cover:

Memory Journal By Dawna.s Place

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Deb guess what? Much warmer weather is on it's way... stay warm until it arrives... sorry you got the worst of the storm, glad we only got a couple of inches from it...

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Bren you are so kind. I have to say I owe all of my happiness and cheerfulness goes to God. When my husband and I split and even before that I was miserable hurt. There was times I felt like I wasn't even being a very good mom cause I was so trapped in my own hurt and guilt.

When my uncle got sick with cancer I saw how strong he was no matter what happened he has had an unmoveable faith in God. He was changing my life and didn't even know it. Then it hit me if he can be strong through all of that why I i be. I made up my mind that I'm not going to let what happen destroy me competley I am just glad it only took a few weeks to see and I didn't lose myself completely. I can say I am in a great place I i have you amazing ladies that makes each day better.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Deb that's good you are safe. Glad the snow is melting

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to babigirl

Steph sweetie I can tell you for certainty that Bren did not do it on purpose. She is an angel that has a lot on her plate . So don't ever think otherwise. And she will be crushed when she finds out too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics