Page 490 of 492 
Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to DKravec

Here's the link to Dh's salmon catch if you would like to see.

https://www.facebook.com/susie.martin.3139?cropsuccess#...

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Scrap Smart

Wow Susie, looks like they had a good day.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

My Word Susie, that's a lot of salmon. Is he bringing it all home and do you know how to cook it.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to DKravec

He brings it home all fileted out & frozen. We smoke some, grill alot, & give away a few. It tastes so unbelieveably fresh, I can never eat the other stuff again. He is there 3 more days besides--so will have a bunch, that's for sure.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Wow Susie - awesome. You could always bring one down our way LOL

Now that's so funny how different people and places think. Starbucks is a standard meeting and appointment place here in Dallas. We are so spread out people often schedule meetings there. I've met with VP's, full teams, had interviews etc. It's convenient for us because it has Wi-Fi and comfortable seating. Funny funny!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

I'm still up.....

Lorna, I mailed the phone back to hsn....they received it and I'm waiting for reimbursement...I don't believe it will be a problem.

Now we are looking at either the Samsung Exhibit or the T-Mobile Prism II....both are inexpensive compared to others on the market. Not sure which to order...but I did find out that the Prism does not have a dual camera...not that I'm in the habit of taking my picture.... I just feel we keep making the wrong decision.....just want someone to make decisions for us......job is up for grabs....pays nothing.....but I can feed you!

OMG, Pam sent me the most amazing box of goodies for the summer shoe swap thingy....she knitted me booties and they fit perfectly.....how sweet was that!!!!! AND she sent this unbelievable hand-dipped chocolate....I had a piece earlier and am fighting myself not to eat any more, tonight that is. I'm a chocolate snob and this is so amazing! I'm so glad dh is watching his sugar intake Also happy my jeans have stretch...but I'm finding that there is actually a point where even stretch jeans stop stretching Can't wait till it's fall so I can go out with a coat and hide the fluffiness. Well, of course, I know in reality the fluffiness can't be hidden with a coat....or can it?

Can anyone tell I'm babbling. It's called the vicodin blues....thinking of putting it to music.....

OK, so, what else do you want to discuss??? Christmas in July????? I almost bought 2 Christmas cookie jars off hsn today. I was strong....didn't!

Hmmmmmm......

Oh, dh and I went to dinner tonight at a favorite Turkish restaurant. Well this month (for 40 days) is the Muslim observance of Ramadan. Muslims are to fast from sunup to sundown. So, by the time the sun goes down, they are starving and so thirsty as they do not eat or drink, not even water. But I digress....so the Turkish restaurant serves Halal food. Halal is to Muslims what Kosher is to Jews. A practicing Muslim is to eat only Halal food.

But again, I digress.....so, the sun went down and the restaurant became a packed house of people enjoying their break from fast....

I had chicken cheese adana....ground chicken mixed with spices and Turkish cheese grilled over an open fire....yummo....with a shepherd's salad, and a bread to die for.......

OK.....eyes are closing....mine from being sleepy; yours from sheer boredom from reading about my exciting life. OK....tomorrow's saga will be Linda and Bob trying to hook up the new printer...

the end.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

gooooooooooooood morning!!!!! hey, I'm up an hour already, where the heck are you all. did you all get together not tell me!!!!!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Good morning Linny! You have me already in stitches.
Like Bren, we here in this area often have business meetings at the Starbucks. But the Nutritionist??? Think not... Maybe they are getting a kick back from the coffee industry and that is why we are back to coffee being a good thing again. Wait 6 months and that will change.
The phone thing..... I have a T-Mobile and I picked a MY TOUCH phone. I have had it for a couple of years now and I LOVE IT! DH keeps talking about the I Phone (son has one) being better. I recently got a I-Phone 4 from work to use. I still LOVE my MY-Touch phone BETTER. It has dual cameras so that I can have video chat. Yes girls, we can have a skype. I have the ap on my phone just need to get familiar with how to do it.
Okay so I got a really good night's sleep. I still was thinking that I wanted to be home crafting today but I have to pay for my addiction to shopping, somehow.

May I wish all of my dear sweet sisters here a wonderful blessed day. May all your Godly armer be in place today so that the devil cannot touch you.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

I received this on the FB feed and wanted to share it.....

25 AWESOME TIPS FOR BEAUTIFUL LIFE!!!

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. & while you walk, SMILE.
It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning, Pray to ask God’s
guidance for your purpose, today.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food
that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past,
negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a
college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for
everything !
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years,
will this matter?’
17. Help the needy, Be generous ! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed ,Pray to God and Be thankful
for what you’ll accomplish, today !
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25.Share this to everyone on your list to help them lead a happier
life…!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Awesome rules to live by Linnny. Thanks for sharing.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

Beautiful Linny, I am going to have to print that out.

Sooo much rain again today.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Thanks for the reminder Linny. I especially like the reminder that what others think of me is none of their business. Whenever a conversation that shouldn't be heard is - it's never good. And honestly those that matter to me show me how they feel and that's enough.

by the way - love you guys!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to scrapwriter

Bren

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Good morning lovely sisters. Have a blessed day.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

Morning all. Woke up to a bellyache. I think I'll be lazy today and nurture it.
The TV broke last night so today need to be either computer day, cleaning day, or scrapping day. I wonder which will be the most likely candidate.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to DKravec

Feel better, Debbie! What days do you work now? I had been dealing with a bit of a stomach issue myself. One of those weird things--I changed my multi-vitamin to the store brand & I don't like to take it on an empty stomach like I do my other meds, so I was taking it with an anti-inflamatory that is taken after meal. Man-o-man! When it hurts like that, a person doesn't want to do too much experimenting to see what is causing the pain. Turns out the vitamin was reacting with the anti-inflamatory--STRANGE !

Well, my jubulation on hubby's fishing adventure ended abruptly. They only caught 5 salmon between the 3 of them and they were small. Stepson did leave last night with 30 lbs packed in his cooler to fly back to AZ. Hoping hubby & his brother have better luck today & Sat.

BBL!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Feeling much better. I think it just needed a nap.
I work on Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday. Not enough money to pay the rent but enough to pay my gas to get me back to work again.

Very strange electrical storm passed thru here a bit ago. No rain just tons of intense thunder and lightening. I felt like I was in a SciFy movie. All cleared up now and heading up north.

I miss my TV and it's only been a day. What am I going to do tonight when all the good shows are on.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Oh Susie salmon is the best fish, I think I might head over to your house for dinner....

Feel better Deb!

Glad it's Friday, super hot so inside activities it will be... going to see the musical 9 to 5 tonight...

hugs

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to auntieant

• auntieant Said:
Hello Ladies..

Keep me in your prayers tomorrow I go to see the cardiologist. I am hoping that all will be well. I am claiming it right now. I know my GOD hasn't brought me this far to leave me. I just need to do what I can to change my eating and physical activity. It's been raining here for 2 days now and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. So I haven't been able to go walk the track like I have been doing.

Well I have been writing on my machine so I hope that I will be able to pass a 120 speed test soon.

Bren I wish I could spend the night to the retreat but I am planning on coming to visit all you wonderful ladies while you create and hopefully create with you all.

Have a wonderful and blessed night ladies..

Happy belated Anniversary Linny!!!

Hey Stef how did things go with the cardio Dr?

I'm so thrilled to learn that you will be able to come join us for a visit. Please pop over to the planning thread, if you haven't done so yet, and browse our plans so far.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Dawna.s Place

I'm just getting back from a 'missed' Dr. apt as a traffic accident has us backed up till there was no hope of getting to our apt on time. That's okay, I really wasn't feeling too well today. Just trying to catch up on the pc and rest up a bit. I'm still catching up so bear with me. bbl...

Page 490 of 492 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics