Page 5 of 492 
Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Linnny

Good morning!! Sounds like some of you are still busy with Christmas prep. I got all mine done before I got my infusion, which by the way has not started to alleviate my RA! I feel like the Tin Man. Could somebody grease my joints?! LOL!

Nothing much going on today. Tonight dh and I will open gifts like we normally do. Tomorrow my ds will come over with my grandaughter and we will open gifts again.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Kahlan

Aw Barbara I hate to hear you're dealing with RA! How long have you had it? What does the infusion involve? I don't know much about RA other than how painful and immobilizing it is. Gentle hugs, I'll be praying you get some relief!

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to katiemylady

Thanks Katie! I also have Lupus and a hypothyroid, but it's the RA that is kicking me in the behind here lately. For the infusion they put an IV in and I sit there for six hours while they monitor me. I hate the thought of sitting there again if it isn't going to work.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:03 AM
In response to Kahlan

I don't think we put my ring on our homeowners policy I will do that right away since this is the 2nd diamond I've lost out of it in 6 months...I think the setting is getting a bit "old" and needs new prongs or something (it's 15 years old)

I actually should but all my jewelry on it, as i sit starting at my full Pandora bracelet that added up = lots of $ ....does everyone do this? I hadn't even thought of it!
thanks for the idea!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:04 AM
In response to Huskymom

Morning all

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:05 AM
In response to Huskymom

I have thyroid issues, too...I've been on Synthroid for 12 years

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Huskymom

Oh dear, Barbara, you're dealing with a lot! I had a lupus scare a few years ago but the first round of blood tests were normal. I'm also hypothyroid and have always taken Synthroid, too (the generic levothyroxine).

Those infusions don't sound fun. I know what you mean about going back when the first one didn't work. When my dad first hurt his back he had a total of 8 cortisone injections, not a single one helped. But they had to go through all of them before they'd consider surgery. It was actually leaving the doctor's office after the injection that he fell and nearly severed his spinal cord. If it weren't for those d*mn injections that didn't help at all he wouldn't be disabled like he is with the mobility and strength problems. He'd have no nerve damage, wouldn't need a cane to walk, wouldn't need a nerve stimulator implant in his hip, wouldn't experience such pain... He'd still be disabled from the Myelofibrosis but only in the sense that he can't work. To go through everything he's been through in the last 5 years and still have a positive attitude...it's unimaginable. My dad is certainly my hero! He's at the hospital with my mom right now getting antibiotic infusions for the staph infection they discovered on Thursday. It is one thing after another with him. But he keeps on going no matter what.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 06:58 AM

Barbara, what are the infusions of?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Good morning ladies here I am alone DH is at the gym and I am enjoying a cup of java and listening to Celine Dion sing Xmas music......She sings lie an angel.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I got really lucky since I had the kidney tumor I have had hypertension, well after they embolized the tumor it has been 3 weeks and my blood pressure is normal....No meds either also my lower back pains are gone too. Gosh never thought a tumor the size of a tangerine would cause so much havoc....oh not to worry ladies it was not cancerous....
Well enough of sickness lets share our blessings with each other...
What besides everything have you been blessed with this year? Please share.....

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper

It is amazing how fast everyone came back together after going our different ways. So happy everyone is here again, and welcome to the new faces!

I think back to the wild flurry of so many great swaps, and how I didn't realize how burned out I had become til it was all over and I took a breather. We sure did some fabulous things! It defined my days, and weeks and months. Now it is hard to get back into a scrapping groove with not a lot of direction. I am in a bad place because I feel there is nothing I really have to scrap about, nothing I really want to document over the last decades, What a terrible attitude I know.

We all need some fun and laughs in our lives, and this is just the place to come to. Great timing Deb on making the Coffee Shop!

Happy Christmas Eve to all, and hugs everyone!

Raising a cup of hot cocoa...

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Sorry for posting so much, I don't mean to hijack the thread. I don't leave our apartment very often and I have loads of free time so I get bored and come here

Anyway, since I was mentioning my dad, I wanted to upload this pic of him and me. This was in November when he was placed in the rehab facility for physical therapy. After changing his diabetes treatment at the hospital (he was there for extensive testing to find the source of an unknown infection -- after 4 days they determined he had no infection and that his fevers were related to another matter) he gained 40 pounds in water weight in one day...he retained so much water it literally started coming out the pores of his skin. I didn't know that was possible! So here he is, bloated beyond belief, with a genuine smile on his face -- just because my brother and I were there with him. His attitude is more than enviable. I love him so freaking much! When my sister got married and left home and our dachshund Alix suddenly got sick and passed away 3 days later, he started calling me "baby girl," which is what he called Alix -- my dad loved Alix so much he can't see a picture of her without quietly sobbing, and he can't talk about her except to make a joke about her waddling (she had broken her back twice and then went blind for no reason) or something funny like that without crying, hard. So "Baby Girl" got delegated to me as I'm the baby of the family. I have to admit, I actually like that pet name

My Dad and Me By Katiemylady

He gave me a huge hug when I left -- he gives the best hugs. When I'm crying for some reason or I'm not feeling well (especially in regards to depression) he'll give me a big, tight hug for as long as I want. Then he always asks me to sit with him for awhile, either watch t.v. with him or just talk to him, either one, until I feel better. I never realized until a few years ago that he loves me so, so much. Unconditionally. Nobody except my mom will ever love me as much as my dad does. I may be in debt up to my eyeballs but I am blessed with family, and that means much more to me than money.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:

It is a rituxan infusion. It's a chemo drug normally given to nonHodgkins lymphoma patients.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Kahlan

Ok, I am going to count my blessings like Martica said.

I am so lucky to be in as good of helath as I am. I amblessed with two wonderful sons, who on occassion try me to my limits, but really they are sweet loving men. I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is my rock and who truly treats me way better than I deserve. I am blessed with a beautiful grandaughter, who lights up my life. I am blessed with a truly wonderful MIL who also thinks I am way better than I am. I am blessed with a mother, which after many years apart we have made up. It's still strained a bit, but any little bit is progress, and I have to limit my time with her or I end up too upset. Lastly and most importantly I am blessed with a God who would let his son be born to give us all a chance to enter his kingdom.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Kahlan

Good morning....a quick sip of my iced java...need to finish getting dressed.

So sorry to hear of the amount of pain and health problems you all are dealing with...sometimes it amazes me how we get through it all, but somehow we do.

dh did his Christmas shopping last night and he surprised me with this huge branch of a red berry tree. (I love this berry thingy) Didn't do the tree or decorations this year, so I found this huge vase I got at a wedding reception and in the tree went....looks pretty...he made my cry

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve ... guess we are gonna find out who was naughty or nice. In my house both are a positive!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Afternoon all. Hubby hogged the computer this morning so I stayed in bed until he finished. I love to enjoy my coffee with computer time.

I feel blessed to have you all in my life and to be visiting the coffee shop so that we can all chat again. I sure hope y'all hang around for a long time.

The only christmas preps that I have left is to pick up some food for tomorrows dinner. I envision the stores being very packed today. Thankfully we have a small grocery store right around the corner. Hopefully it won't be as crowded.

Have a very Merry Christmas Everyone

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Linnny

Hi ladies, I too have been blessed with many things like my beautiful family, which is my two handsome sons , awesome husband and a adorable grandson that even thow he is far away he is healthy and happy and well loved by us and his mom and her family and friends....I also am blessed with a strong and healthy mother that lives close to me. And of course I have many special friends here in SB.com and all over the world who I enjoy conversing and sharing all that we love.... So happy birthday to my Lord Jesus Christ, this is your day and I thank you for everything.....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-24-11 09:34 AM
In response to Kahlan

• Kahlan Said:
  • theboydbunch Said:

It is a rituxan infusion. It's a chemo drug normally given to nonHodgkins lymphoma patients.

I know it well I am a Hodgkins' Disease survivor (11 years this past August) and was not on Rituxan, but are aware of it, since I am associated with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association. Rough stuff

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Huskymom

Congrats on beating cancer! My brother beat it also!! It's only been a few years for him but so far he is clear.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Kahlan

I too am grateful for all my friends here!!

Page 5 of 492 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics