Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-26-11 02:27 PM
In response to Huskymom

should not have looked at that site!! I flowers!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Huskymom

Me too. I have used most of the flowers from my last order. I have a lot of leaves left. Love thier stuff. The tiny ones just warm my heart. I have to force myself to budget my spend. Wish that lotto would come thru. A better paying job would work too. But the lotto would sure give me more time to scrap..... Lol

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-26-11 02:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Lorna Lee

Evening girls! I did a little scrapping today. I did a very simple layout. I used my son as the subject and guy layouts are hard for me, hence the simple part. LOL! At least I scrapped.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Kahlan

Thanks for letting me live vicariously thru everyone else's Christmas! No presents here, except DH surprised me with a couple of much needed items. My stepsons both sent a little something for both of us. My own children decided they were NOT celebrating with me--because I need to make some changes--WTH!!!??? Very heartbreaking!

P.S. I just don't get the "coach thing"

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Scrap Smart

Susie, I don't get the coach thing either but I think it depends on your fettishes. Some people really enjoy their shoes and purses. Those have never been my thing. Now jewelry, that's my thing. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a bracelet. Well, actually I'd pay off the house, pay off the bills, buy a new car and then I'd buy a bracelet.

Susie, remind those kids who's life you're living. They're too old to behave that way.

I too have spent my day scrapping today. I'm making a mans chipboard album so it's also on the simple side. It's amazing the difference in style when you don't use the flowers and lace like you can on a girly album. I've made a pact with myself that I'm going to make tons of albums to hopefully sell so I can use up all my paper. I want to start with some fresh paper next year. I'm tired of all the old stuff sitting around. I've grown bored with it. Can't wait to see all the new lines for next year.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Wow Linny what a scare, I am so glad that nothing bad happened. And Katie so glad you got some gifts to open. Its true that family and friends are most important but I have to admit that it is nice to open gifts.

Its not worth mentioning what I got, when I bought my kids and my Dh his gift I bought myself some needed sweats for me and wrapped it up with the rest of the gifts I got everyone else, thank God I did otherwise I wouldn't have received anything. My DH said he had no clue what to get me because I never mentioned what I wanted. Like if its so hard to figure out what I like... Then my youngest has just started his new job so he has not gotten his 1st paycheck, so I understand. His girlfriend apologized to me and said that she had run out of money after she bought a few gifts for her mother, sister and my son, mind you she almost lives in my house...But ok she is not obligated.... Then my oldest son and wife gave me a necklace in silver that (I only wear gold) that looks like its for a 8 year old to wear....Guess they did not take the time to think what I would like....Believe me I am not hard to please, I love SB and books and dining out. Do I sound mad......hehehe , well I am hurt because I took the time to get each of them something they would like, which they did. But I am the MIL
how naive I am.....
Ok sorry for venting ladies but it still bothers me and I have no one to vent with.... I will behave better next year thow because all that is left for me to get is a lump of coal....hehehe

Edited by Martica on 12-26-11 05:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

I still gave my dd,ds & dil each a gift of something I made. I still thought they would at least call or text. My dd heads back tomorrow, which I guess why this hurts so bad--she flew back to Nebraska from Washington DC for Christmas!

Deb1--set up an etsy shop--my things are selling quite well there.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-26-11 06:06 PM

• Scrap Smart Said:
Thanks for letting me live vicariously thru everyone else's Christmas! No presents here, except DH surprised me with a couple of much needed items. My stepsons both sent a little something for both of us. My own children decided they were NOT celebrating with me--because I need to make some changes--WTH!!!??? Very heartbreaking! I'm not sure if there is a back-story here that I don't know about because of joining this party late...but his breaks my heart I'm sorry.

P.S. I just don't get the "coach thing"

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Huskymom

Deb2--Thanks for your note! The story involves my DH (not their dad). We had some serious problems earlier this year & I moved out. We have since reconciled & that is where this started. On top of this, I lost my job 12/2. My son acts like I did this on purpose, and has decided I don't like his wife. This is all total BS! I am bewildered and hurt beyond belief! And I am sooo sorry for venting!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Hey there is no one around.....where is everyone?

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-26-11 06:45 PM
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
Thanks for the invite!

We are more than ready for Christmas. Adelyn was/is spoiled beyond but we wanted that this year

I'm officially off of mat leave and now a permanent SAHM and am loving it. After a year off with the small one there was no way I was going back. Next small one will be in the works soon I hope. Plus building a new house. Next 2ish years are going to be CRAZY!

Just waiting for tomorrow now! I'm so excited for Ad's 1st Christmas!!!

How old is your lo?

Currently, I want 4-5 years between kids. I figure once dd is in school at least half days...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-26-11 06:52 PM
In response to ELynn

Hey E I WANT some Christmas pictures of the little lady!! Hit me up

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-26-11 06:58 PM
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
But I am the MIL
how naive I am.....
Ok sorry for venting ladies but it still bothers me and I have no one to vent with.... I will behave better next year thow because all that is left for me to get is a lump of coal....hehehe

how about we trade? Though, if you're gonna get coal, might as well be bad and have fun!

For ten years I put thought, time and energy into the gifts I bought for mil, sfil, bil and sil, ect. And every year, they didn't (sil's never gotten me anything, not even a card). TWICE mil bought me something I wanted/used/kept, (5 bags of dirt for Easter and a book I wanted one Christmas). After last year, I told dh I was DONE with gifts for his family. Course, I was done with mil ages ago. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with her, and when she says stupid things, I put her in her place. Dh canceled Christmas with them (never on Christmas of course, but we were going to go over there today, he didn't want to.)

Even with the pain and drama my mom caused me this year, I couldn't imagine NOT calling her on Christmas.

We had the best Christmas! On Christmas Eve dh hugged me and told me it was the best Christmas, he had his whole family here (me and baby girl). We no visitors and it was 100 percent stress free!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Dh was home and was a great help. He's currently rocking baby girl, who I hope stays sleeping again till 4am. I'm loving the sleep. And I got a nap yesterday afternoon and this afternoon. The best gift was two extra hours of sleep! dd woke at 615am, I had just laid her down, he said the best words ever 'it's my turn to get up with the baby'. Ah, I got another 2 hours till she wanted me.

• DKravec Said:
Susie, I don't get the coach thing either but I think it depends on your fettishes.

I don't even use a purse. I just put my bank card and ID in my pocket.

dh gave me my big gift last week-a professional studio kit with two backdrops and three lights, then on Christmas Eve he gave me a 64 gig 10 speed card.

He took down dd's crib and setup my lights. Now, I can take more pictures faster!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-26-11 07:01 PM
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
Hey E I WANT some Christmas pictures of the little lady!! Hit me up

I did take some, in her onsies, but not in her Christmas dress...I'll attempt that soon. The black was all screwy and the colors were off...cute baby though, pictures quality sucks. lol.

I don't have them sorted or uploaded yet, and now it's bedtime. I do have two from last week though...

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Been checking in from time to time while watching tv from the bed. I also am the one that buys or makes all the gifts. I wrap them too. My son has had a tough year so not too upset but he always finds me when he needs help. He is always around for others just not me. Hubby never gets me anything. He did get me a biosilk gift bag this year. Hair productss. After the year I hVe had, decided not to get him a big gift this year. Paid for his last two trips to the deer lease. My step son always gives me something very nice and thoughtful and says it is from him and his sisters. This year he got me a gorgeous cross hand made with pieces of nice glass and mirror used on it. This year I only gave small gifts and hand made ones. Bought a jersey for step son thou and they arent cheap. He is the only one that is thoughful of me. Now I get to look forward to the same thing sunday for my 50th. Hubby will prob decide to go hunting and think that is just fine since my sis is coming. She will read him the riot act if he does that to me. After all I have pretty much supported this whole household for the past 6 1/2 yrs. Opps there I go venting now. Sorry ladies. Guess we should all do like the LMN movie Christmas strike. LOL.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-26-11 07:04 PM
In response to Lorna Lee

Are we not allowed to vent a little in this coffee shop? Sometimes over my latte' I tend to share a few with friends...I don't want to find the "CLOSED" sign here one day, if I do I like this place

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

BTW Deb, I too love jewlry. Last year I bought earrings that were suppose to be from dh, but I paid for them. Told him to use money he wad going to use on them to get what he wanted. He got all the credit for the gift but I actually bought it myself. At least I got my jewlry. Hope things get better as he finishes paying child support.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-26-11 07:13 PM
In response to Huskymom

I LOVE wrapping. Though, I didn't wrap a single one this year. Less of a mess since dh didn't wrap mine. lol.

I can't believe I was ok with no wrapping. lol. A baby changes everything.

9:10, and I'm not in bed. Dh is still holding dd, I'll stay up till he's ready for me to put her in her bed.

(silly girl, sleeps in HER bed, from 8pm to 230 or 4am, then wakes every hour/two hours unless I'm holding her. and will NOT nap in her pnp. Will only sleep if held. BUT yesterday and today she took a 4 hour nap in her rocker. She didn't read the manual about 3 naps...I'm happy with one long one. BUT would like her to wake before 4pm (since I start getting ready for bed at 6pm. no matter what time she goes to sleep, she wakes at the same time).

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-26-11 07:14 PM
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm also a lover of fine jewlery! I have a beautiful pandora charm bracelet and am working on my second. The second is all purple/black and football related beads. My dh got me a custom made pandora bead for Christmas, which says RAVENS...:)

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Huskymom

If I did the Pandora braclet it would be empty. I cant afford it. DH is clueless about taking care of me and buying me stuff I like. Step son would maybe get me a charm now and then. I think I am going to stick with diamonds. When I can aford them for myself that is. Love the outlet.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics