Username Post: Refill Pages for 12 x 12 Album        (Topic#1568329)
Jaci67
Jaci67 
Resident
Jaci67

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best refill pages for 12 x 12 albums (3 ring). Just finished loading an entire book in pages from HL and when I put them in and started going thru the book most of them had at least one hole tear through...and I am NOT being rough and did not load the pages while they were in the book....so stinking mad right now! I unloaded all the pages and put them in the refill pages that came with the "Making Memories" album and they seem much better.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good quality ones...thanks!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Jaci67

I have always used C-Line in my 3-ring albums.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to Jaci67

I use the Pioneer refills (rmb-5). They have been very durable. I use d-ring binders and like that the strip around the page holes is clean and not textured.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to michelley2002

I've only used the American Crafts d-ring protectors so far in my d-ring albums, but I haven't had any problems with them so far. They seem good quality to me.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to scraprabbit

I use WRMK for the most part. My pages are heavy and thick usually... no problems yet (other than you can't stuff a 1.5" thick page in one no matter how hard you try).

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 12-29-11 05:37 AM
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Ashley - are you sure about that?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

That's hilarious!!

I wonder if it works??

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 12-29-11 06:16 AM
In response to scraprabbit

I have NO idea!!!! I found it when I was filling my wish list last night.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Jaci67

that page horn is funny!

Be sure to measure the entire protective sleeve carefully. The packaging may say 12" x 12" but the actual size of the page does vary between manufacturers. And measure the width of the area with the holes. This too can vary (by a lot). There is nothing worse than buying sheets to find out they are much larger (or smaller) than you are currently using (or poke out of your album). I have found it best to commit to one brand for each album. But this can be tough finding certain brands. Even the most popular brands can be difficult to locate. When I am buying sheets I always buy extras.

And, sadly, these protective sheets DO scuff up, get dog eared, get creases, etc. The more the albums get viewed, the quicker the process. I have just come to accept that occasionally I have to replace protective sheets. Think of it this way…it’s a good thing the protective sheet are taking the “wear & tear” and NOT your actual page. I hold on to my scuffed protective sheets and reuse them for kits or storage.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Gelidy Gelato

If they get too scuffed up... rub a little future floor wax on it. it might fill in the scuffs enough to restore the clarity on the protector. DH uses it all the time on toy windshields.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
If they get too scuffed up... rub a little future floor wax on it. it might fill in the scuffs enough to restore the clarity on the protector. DH uses it all the time on toy windshields.

Or furniture polish.

I bought a plastic clock from a thrift store to alter for my scraproom. The face was scratched. I buffed it with furniture polish, and it's clear now!! I was AMAZED!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

Wow, now that is a good tip. Had no idea!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to CrimsonMama

I wonder if that would work on my car? The headlights?

I'm gonna try it.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:

I NEED this! I'm determined to get that page into a protector! I don't even care if it works... I just need it

Thanks Tivi!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-29-11 11:37 AM
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
I use WRMK for the most part. My pages are heavy and thick usually... no problems yet (other than you can't stuff a 1.5" thick page in one no matter how hard you try).

I like these and the AC ones the best...had bad luck with Pioneer and other brands.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I wonder if that would work on my car? The headlights?

I'm gonna try it.

May not.
The headlight haze is usually oxidation, not just scratches. There are abrasive-type products out there for buffing out headlight lenses.

I found the furniture polish tip online, suggesting for covering scratches in plastic lens eyeglasses.
I tried it on the clock, since it was only $0.50, I figured I wasn't out if it didn't work.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Bxr-Linda

Shoot. I'm going to try it anyway.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics