Username Post: bind it all vs cinch...which do you prefer?        (Topic#1568331)
shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy

Which do you think is better? If not either, what do you use in it's place?

Am still debating between the two. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to shygypsy

I have both and prefer the Cinch. It is easier to punch and I like being able to choose the holes I want punched. You can use it right out of the box without reading instructions. I have not gotten the hang of the BIA. I can never get it to punch straight even with the little spacer thingy. The Cinch costs more, but it is worth it IMHO.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to HisGEM

I so wish I had gotten the Cinch. The problem I have with the BIA is that it is too difficult to center the holes.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to theellenbee

I don't own either but I've used them both and prefer the cinch. I also really like the 7gypsies binderie for mini album hole punching

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have the BIA, have never tried the Cinch, so I have no opinion on it. I've made quite a few little books with my BIA and have not had any problems

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to SandraB.

I don't own either of them but have used both and the Cinch is so much easier to use. If I was to buy one it would be the Cinch.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to MisasMom

I have the BIA. It's a good tool. Never used the Cinch but it appears easier to use. If I were getting one, and didn't already have one, I'd get the cinch.

Pretty sure they use the same wires tho.

yesenialesso
Expert
yesenialesso
In response to Seaexplore

My hubby just gave me the cinch and I love it!! It's very easy to use..

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to yesenialesso

I have a cinch and love it.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to cescrapper

I have a bind it all and its difficult to line up. At work we have a cinch and all the ladies say it is way more user friendly. The fact that you can choose which holes punch is a major selling point. If I didn't already have the bind it all I would get the cinch

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to andrea m

I have the cinch and I love it. So does my DD. We bind all kinds of things with it. Never tried the BIA though.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to grandmamichelf

I hve the BIA and enjoy working with it.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to stephie

I have both. My BIA doesn't punch the holes straight. I haven't used it since I got my Cinch - love it!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to SamScrap

Honestly, I have both & I have problems with both.. (It's probably stupid user error on my part) So I'm interested in this question to see what everyone says as well!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to love4scrappin85

CINCH!!!!!!!!!! much less measuring, much easier to punch.

I will say that BOTH products are good products,,,,and both are difficult to cinch EASILY without getting a disfigured O-wire,,,,,,THAT takes practice,,,,,,with either machine.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Oh, and yes, they both use the same wires. I usually buy the BIA wires, because they are a bit cheaper and I can get a box of 6 at HL and use a 40% off coupon, thus saving 40% on all SIX. HL also sells cinch wires, but in sets of TWO. which means a 40% off coupon will only save on TWO wires.

Cinch wires are great for a special color that you will not use as much of though,,,,,like pink or purple.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-01-12 08:39 AM

How big are the Cinch holes? I've watched some videos and they look huge.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

they're a bit bigger than the BIA,,,,,but they only look huge on tiny tiny tiny books,,,,,,

seriously, how often are you going to make a 2x2 book????????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Here's the holes on a 5x5 book!

Timeless Mini By CommaHolly

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-01-12 11:23 AM

Thanks, Holly, that helps! Seriously, I'm not sure how often I'd make ANY size book, lol, but I still want one

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

you can also make pads! I made pads for the kids for their christmas stockings

http://throughthelookingg lasscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/1...

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

Here is a thorough comparison of both tools:

http://scrappynan.blogspot.com/2010/09/bind-it-all-f ore...

Yes, Nan, who made the video, and I have worked with Zutter for years. I only put my name behind products I believe in and I use the Bind It All in almost all of my classes with great success. I think it seems harder than it is--it is really quite easy Hope that helps!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Jennifer Priest

I am not starting a debate/argument, but in that through video the Cinch was not used correctly. The Bind-it-All is a great machine, I and others just find it more difficult to use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
I am not starting a debate/argument, but in that through video the Cinch was not used correctly. The Bind-it-All is a great machine, I and others just find it more difficult to use.

I agree,,,Nan obviously LOVES the BIA and works for them,,,,,it's a good machine.

but the problem is that it's NOT an unbiased opinion. She's very biased,,,she WORKS for them.

Again, the BIA is a good machine. But so is the cinch. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong either way,,,,,,but I've used both, and I prefer the cinch for ease of use.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

Thanks for this thread, I am considering this tool.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to theellenbee

• theellenb Said:
I so wish I had gotten the Cinch. The problem I have with the BIA is that it is too difficult to center the holes.

Ellen -- how are you trying to center the holes? I would be happy to help!

Fleursbydesign
Veteran
Fleursbydesign
In response to stick

I have a Bind-It-All and love it. I Make all size mini books and love all the materials I can punch through. You can see some of projects here in my gallery. I also love the compact size of the Bind-It-All as I have limited space in my scrap room.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Fleursbydesign

my only complaint with the BIA is that if I am making something small - it's hard not to get half punched holes on the edges. You have to really be careful and line things up - and I have messed up many many times!!!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SmartyPants

AND, if you haven't looked, the Cinch is $89.99 in the store.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-04-12 08:20 PM
In response to SoonerT

I love my sturdy, small, pretty pink BIA! I have made a gazzillion minis of every size (from bitsy wallet books to 12 x 12) and shape. Whenever I work on a new or odd size mini, I like to punch my own templates using scrap paper, then use the template to punch my "real" pages. I have done this forever, it is quick and easy, and I don't have to worry about goofing up my project. I can decide how many holes I want before I start punching the real stuff, and see what it looks like too. The videos are great, and there are faboo classes on My Creative Classroom that you can also take, but don't be afraid to just play play play with your BIA (or a borrowed BIA), and give yourself permission to try some things. After all, we all became scrappers because we love to play with paper, and to make stuff right? So go ahead and play with paper and make stuff! I tried the Cinch, but personally I found it to be clunky, big, and not easily portable. I love taking my BIA to crops with me, it easily tucks right in my regular rolling scrap tote. I have learned to only take my fav tools, and a few things to work on when I go somewhere to crop, instead of looking like a used scrap supply saleslady (seriously, I used to be ridiculous, no way could I possibly use even 1/10th of the stuff I used to haul around). Lastly, those dang round holes from the Cinch just bug me. Maybe I have too much OCD, but I really prefer the sleek rectangles over the big ole holes. I would encourage everybody to try things out. As a last little note, I am TOTALLY addicted to the plastic page protectors you can get to use for minis you make with your BIA now! Have you tried them? SUPER fast and easy peasy to use, check them out! I wish I had a gazzillion more, I better order some.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics