Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: bind it all vs cinch...which do you prefer?        (Topic#1568331)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

you can also make pads! I made pads for the kids for their christmas stockings

http://throughthelookingg lasscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/1...

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to CommaHolly

Here is a thorough comparison of both tools:

http://scrappynan.blogspot.com/2010/09/bind-it-all-f ore...

Yes, Nan, who made the video, and I have worked with Zutter for years. I only put my name behind products I believe in and I use the Bind It All in almost all of my classes with great success. I think it seems harder than it is--it is really quite easy Hope that helps!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Jennifer Priest

I am not starting a debate/argument, but in that through video the Cinch was not used correctly. The Bind-it-All is a great machine, I and others just find it more difficult to use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
I am not starting a debate/argument, but in that through video the Cinch was not used correctly. The Bind-it-All is a great machine, I and others just find it more difficult to use.

I agree,,,Nan obviously LOVES the BIA and works for them,,,,,it's a good machine.

but the problem is that it's NOT an unbiased opinion. She's very biased,,,she WORKS for them.

Again, the BIA is a good machine. But so is the cinch. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong either way,,,,,,but I've used both, and I prefer the cinch for ease of use.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks for this thread, I am considering this tool.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to theellenbee

• theellenb Said:
I so wish I had gotten the Cinch. The problem I have with the BIA is that it is too difficult to center the holes.

Ellen -- how are you trying to center the holes? I would be happy to help!

Fleursbydesign
Veteran
Fleursbydesign
In response to stick

I have a Bind-It-All and love it. I Make all size mini books and love all the materials I can punch through. You can see some of projects here in my gallery. I also love the compact size of the Bind-It-All as I have limited space in my scrap room.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Fleursbydesign

my only complaint with the BIA is that if I am making something small - it's hard not to get half punched holes on the edges. You have to really be careful and line things up - and I have messed up many many times!!!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SmartyPants

AND, if you haven't looked, the Cinch is $89.99 in the store.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-04-12 08:20 PM
In response to SoonerT

I love my sturdy, small, pretty pink BIA! I have made a gazzillion minis of every size (from bitsy wallet books to 12 x 12) and shape. Whenever I work on a new or odd size mini, I like to punch my own templates using scrap paper, then use the template to punch my "real" pages. I have done this forever, it is quick and easy, and I don't have to worry about goofing up my project. I can decide how many holes I want before I start punching the real stuff, and see what it looks like too. The videos are great, and there are faboo classes on My Creative Classroom that you can also take, but don't be afraid to just play play play with your BIA (or a borrowed BIA), and give yourself permission to try some things. After all, we all became scrappers because we love to play with paper, and to make stuff right? So go ahead and play with paper and make stuff! I tried the Cinch, but personally I found it to be clunky, big, and not easily portable. I love taking my BIA to crops with me, it easily tucks right in my regular rolling scrap tote. I have learned to only take my fav tools, and a few things to work on when I go somewhere to crop, instead of looking like a used scrap supply saleslady (seriously, I used to be ridiculous, no way could I possibly use even 1/10th of the stuff I used to haul around). Lastly, those dang round holes from the Cinch just bug me. Maybe I have too much OCD, but I really prefer the sleek rectangles over the big ole holes. I would encourage everybody to try things out. As a last little note, I am TOTALLY addicted to the plastic page protectors you can get to use for minis you make with your BIA now! Have you tried them? SUPER fast and easy peasy to use, check them out! I wish I had a gazzillion more, I better order some.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics