Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what adhesive do you use?        (Topic#1568339)
tenderlovingcards
New Kid On the Block
tenderlovingcards

I'm still figuring out what brand of adhesive is best. I'm old school and I've been using glue sticks and sometimes they just don't get the job done ...
I mostly make cards and now venturing out to scrapbooking.

Do you use glue? or purely tape?
Glue dots?
Where can you get them cheap?

Thanks for the advice!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to tenderlovingcards

I use a bit of everything depending on whats on sale and what project it is. I am a glue dots person so I use ZOts...I also love Beacons 3 in 1 glue for altered projects

Resident
In response to mizzblue

I love my ATG, and Zots and glossy accents and scotch quick dry and a zip pen lol

Tenant

I used to use glue sticks until I started looking at some of my odler pages and realized I have to re-glue some of them! I purchased a Scotch Brand ATG gun from Hobby Lobby (using a coupon of course) and I LOVE it so far!!! I use it for most of my projects, but for the tiny stuff I use the Zig Glue sticks! I really like those!

tenderlovingcards
New Kid On the Block
tenderlovingcards
In response to DesignHog

The ATG gun is that big pink gun that I see people use on demos right? I'm so tempted to get it ... does a roll of adhesive last? I'm so jealous of you guys there's no Hobby Lobby in Canada

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

ATG is awesome. I also use glue dots for embellishments and the zig glue pen for thin die cuts.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to scraprabbit

ATG
Glue Dots
Zig Glue pen
I'll also try anything that's on sale!

Resident

I bought mine at micheals with a coupon i wouldnt trade it I live in canada

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to must_love_paper

ATG, Glue Dots, Zig Two-Way (the one with the marker tip, not the squeeze-and-roll), mounting squares.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to aquabunny

I use a ton of different ones, but for general LO construction I use scotch double sided permanent tape-acid free, photo safe and super strong-unorthodox I know but it works great!

Liquid glue I use glossy accents, tacky glue and a new find, Tombow mono glue (it dries sticky!!) also use quite a lot of hot glue for flowers
Products Referenced in This Post:

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use almost every different kind of adhesive for different things (as mentioned above) except for glue sticks!

M's with a coupon is my best bet.

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 12-28-11 07:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I use:
Tombo mono-adhesive for paper and pictures. I found a place online where I can buy it in bulk cheaply.
Glue dots for bulky embellishments. I get them on sale at any big box store, or if I run too low to wait for a sale, I use a coupon.
KI Gloo for clear or heavy embellishments. I buy it here at sb.com or at my LSS.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to siameseplease

I use the Glue Glider Pro as well as glue dots or Mono Glue for embellishments.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to SandraB.

I love adhesive!
I use regularly:
Xyrons(x, 2.5,5 and creatopia)
Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
Mod Podge
ATG
Scor Tape
Glue Dots
Glue Gun
Scotch Quick Dry (love this stuff)
Goop
Glue Glider Pro-repositionable (when I can find a refill that actually works correctly)

I also have spray adhesive and other liquid glues Not used that often~

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to HisGEM

Oh I forgot dimensionals!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to HisGEM

atg (fave)
modpodge
E6000 (heavy duty, no photos)
glossy accents
zip dry

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scrappin Kitty

ATG with Scotch brand acid free adhesive for most things, then sometimes I just need a little glue dot for other things like a corner I missed or a gem, and also a Zig Glue Pen with the marker tip - I like that for thin lines like for ribbon - also puffy glue dots, those come in different sizes and in circles as well as square for when I want to glue and add dimension. Different tools for the job.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to RockStar

I use a little bit of everything - but my favorites are zip dry and glossy accents

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to prittb

Where in Canada are you? I can PM you with different places for deals on the ATG. Or, if you have a bigger wishlist, its worth it to do a big order from here. Shipping is about $30 to start, but I find the prices are so good that you still save some money.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to amandahugandkiss

A little of everything but mostly atg, I also like glue arts for some things like ribbon

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics