Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Perfect Pearls        (Topic#1568403)
New Kid On the Block

What do you use it for?? I bought it of course cause it's pretty lol but I have no idea what to do with it!

Resident
In response to TaraK429

The spray or the powders?

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to must_love_paper

I bought it also it looked so pretty. I have the powder. It sound like it has two diffent uses. The dry one sounds like stamping but you have to apply the perfect Medium to a stamp and brush on the powder to the area you stamped. Have not used it yet but have a few pages in mind to use this on.

Oh it also states it works better on dark colors. I did watch a tutorial on rangerink.com on how to use this.

Edited by tcletoaddison on 12-29-11 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tcletoaddison

I have the powders. I've played around a little, but not much. I've mixed it with water and "painted" with it, which looked very pretty. I've tried stamping with it, but not very successfully. I think i've been using too much powder, because I end up smudging it all over the paper and can't seem to brush off the excess like the instructions say.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tina scraps

when you use it with the perfect medium ink you have to mist it with water to "set" it so it doesn't all smudge around.

I like to use them with inks in mini misters to make glimmer mists. I also use similar colors over matching card stock to make it shimmer. I have found it works best over darker colors.

Resident
In response to Seaexplore

I love to use them when I make things where I would like to make handmade flowers that look like metal... they work marvelously I have every single one of the powders that there are... its an obsession. .. I will post pictures for you when I get home in a couple days

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to must_love_paper

I used them on pretty much everything on this card. Made my own glimmer mist with perfect pearl powders and alcohol inks. Everything started as white card stock.

Mom's Mother's Day 2011 By Seaexplore

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Wow I like the look of this picture. Now let me make sure I understand you about the ink mister. Is it a empty bottle and you just add water with some of the powder or do you brush it on the mist it with water? I love the look of this power. I bought this on sale at HL and just love it!

Toni

Edited by tcletoaddison on 12-29-11 07:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I bought mini-misters (any small spray bottle will work) and added perfect pearls powder (not sure how much, just added some until I got the effect I wanted) and 15-20 drops of alcohol inks, shake well and spray. I did several coats and dried it in between with my heat gun.

You can let it air dry, it will just take longer.

I have been told that the alcohol inks are toxic to inhale. I use them in a well ventilated room so I don't think it's much of a problem. You can use reinkers and should be able to get the same effect as alcohol inks.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Seaexplore Said:
when you use it with the perfect medium ink you have to mist it with water to "set" it so it doesn't all smudge around.

I like to use them with inks in mini misters to make glimmer mists. I also use similar colors over matching card stock to make it shimmer. I have found it works best over darker colors.

do you mist it, then try to brush off the excess powder? cause that's my problem - I can't seem to get the excess off cleanly without ruining the paper.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb

• Seaexplore Said:
I bought mini-misters (any small spray bottle will work) and added perfect pearls powder (not sure how much, just added some until I got the effect I wanted) and 15-20 drops of alcohol inks, shake well and spray. I did several coats and dried it in between with my heat gun.

I have been told that the alcohol inks are toxic to inhale. I use them in a well ventilated room so I don't think it's much of a problem. You can use reinkers and should be able to get the same effect as alcohol inks.

I made some gorgeous christmas colors using the pears powder and mini misters. Hate to use it up because I forgot to write down which colors I used

gracie713
Tenant
gracie713

I have just started playing with the Perfect Pearl powders and so far I really like it. I plan on getting all of the sets.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• Seaexplore Said:

Yep. Be careful doing this. Tim has said it't not safe to do this with alcohol inks.

As I am a known klutz, I use reinkers.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to gracie713

I was making to much with the mini mister (and it broke) so I moved to a bigger bottle. I use the white perfect pearls, and make a mist that I put on almost everyting.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to CorrieW

I'm new and I have LOADs of questions about products I see talked about on the forums. I tried to look for the product videos and also look up LO's where the product has been used. Otherwise, I just don't get it. If that still is not enough info, I also go to the product website. Being new to this, some of the terms are unfamiliar to me so when I am reading the forums I go.....What Is That? "Perfect Pearls" could be bling or anything until you look it up. Ok, I need a class..............

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CrimsonMama

Nah. A> Our videos. If you don't find it there, B> YouTube.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Megan - why are the alcohol inks bad to do this with? Is it just the "fumes"? Or something else? Can you use your hotline to Tim and find out for me?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Seaexplore Said:

do you mist it, then try to brush off the excess powder? cause that's my problem - I can't seem to get the excess off cleanly without ruining the paper.

Try using a stamping buddy thing (a bag with anti static stuff to prevent excess embossing powder from sticking) and then stamping your image, add the perfect pearls and use the big brush to get rid of the excess. Then mist when you've got as much off as you can.

I have no idea what the bag thingie is called. I searched around the store and must not be using the right terms. I got mine at M's.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to CrimsonMama

I am learning as well. But I have been watching so many clips on Utube. There are alot on different products. This has been helping me out along with the product sites. But the ladies here are great. I have been asking questions all week and get answers on all of them. I went to HB and bought some more of Holts products and am going to try them out here in just a little bit.

Toni

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf

You can make mists with perfect pearl powders? I've watched all Tim Holtz's videos and I know he did that on one of them. I completely forgot. I have the mini misters. I didn't want to buy anymore Glimmer Mists because they clog up.

Man, something new to try! Off to look for videos!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics