Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Anyone from the Augusta, GA Area??        (Topic#1568441)
smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75

I live in the Augusta area and just recently started back scrapping. I would love to get together with others that love to scrap. Trying to put together a group that would meet like once a month to crop. Message me!

New Kid On the Block
In response to smsinger75

There is a 12 hour crop on Jan 21 at Pierce UMC in Martinez. My sister, neice and I are going.
http://sites.google.com/site/katieskrop/

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Hi, yes, I'm in Augusta and would love to get together. When plans are firmed up, please post again and hopefully I can join in! I will also check out that 1/21 crop at Pierce! Thanks!

Kathy

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Not sure in what part of town you live, but if you're on or near Fort Gordon, we could meet at Diamond Lakes Library. They have a meeting room we could reserve with big tables, doesn't cost anything.

Thanks!

Kathy

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

Hi Kathy!!

I live in Grovetown. never heard of Diamond Lakes. But sounds like a great place to meet. I haven't firmed up any dates yet. I just found out I have to have surgery on the 18th and it may take me a couple of weeks before I feel up to cropping. But I definitely want to get a group started.

Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Hi Serena!

I think Diamond Lakes is too far away for you. I'm thinking 14-15 miles. It's about a mile from the intersection of Windsor Spring and Tobacco Roads headed towards Hephzibah. Maybe we could meet at another library halfway between? Just a thought. No problem on having to postpone getting a group together, I'm retired and flexible.

Thanks!

Kathy

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

I don't mind driving a little ways to a get together. :-) I am just excited about getting a group together. I know the area you are talking about. Just never noticed a library there.

Apparently there is a crop at the Croc Center downtown on the 28th I am hoping I feel up to going to. I will post the details when I have more. I think it is $5 for an all day crop.

Hugs~
Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Sounds good. I'd also like to know more about the Kroc Center crop and will check back in a few days.

Thanks!

Kathy :-)

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

Kroc Center Crop

Crop-a-Latta
January 28, 2012
9am-3pm
Cost: $5

Call (706) 364-KROC {706-364-5762} to reserve your seat.

Apparently they are going to be doing a crop once a quarter. So this is very exciting! Hoping to see you there!

Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Thanks Serena, I'll see if I can make it. Are you going to the crop at Pierce on the 21st?

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

I am not going to be able to go to the crop at Pierce. That is only 3 days after my surgery and I am pretty sure I will not be up to a crop by then. I am really hoping to be well enough to go to the one at the Kroc Center. I even want to bring my daughter to that one.

Have a great day!
Hugs~
Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

How are you feeling Serena? Did you make it to the Kroc Center crop?

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

I am feeling much better. Haven't spent much time on the computer. So feeling like I am buried in email. :-) I did not make it to the crop. But hoping to make it to the next one. Hoping you are having a good week!!

Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Glad you are feeling better. So sorry it's taken me almost a week to reply. Just returned from Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville, TN. The latter has 2 scrapbook stores to die for. Let me know when you feel up to getting together and we'll make a plan!

Kathy

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to kjginga

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I returned to work last week and things have been so crazy. Sounds like you had a great trip! I am looking forward to getting together. I am booked every Saturday in March due to Girl Scout cookie sales. I will also be out of town the weekend of the 17th and again the weekend of the 31st. I am free on Sundays typically. Let me know what your schedule is like and we can work something out.

Hugs~
Serena

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you. I'm retired so most anytime works for me. Contact me at KGrif44195@aol.com and we'll make a plan.

Thanks, have a wonderful day!

Kathy

New Kid On the Block
In response to kjginga

Hi, moved to Augusta a few months ago,looking to join some scrapbooking events! someone mentioned Kroc Center, any other info aobut this? thanks have a great day! Carmen

smsinger75
Tenant
smsinger75
In response to cblack1966

Hi Carmen!!
Welcome to the Augusta area! I know that the Kroc Center holds an all-day crop once a quarter. I believe the next one is later in July. I will post details as soon as I have them. I also hold a crop at my home once a month. The next one is July 7th. You are more than welcome to join us. Just let me know and I will PM you off forum.
Well it is time for me to get ready for work. Hope to hear from you soon! Have a great day!

Serena

scrapmom1of3
New Kid On the Block
scrapmom1of3

I am moving to North Augusta this Saturday. I was hoping to find out about any crops around the Augusta area. I am really looking forward to meeting new scrapbooking friends.

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrapmom1of3

Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while due to family health isues, but hopefully am back in business now! I called the Kroc Center but the girl there was unaware of the crop they used to have once a quarter and said they didn't have them...but I'm not sure she knew what I was talking about so I'm going to check back. Also, I am happy to host up to 6 folks in my home in Sylvania, GA (50 miles from Augusta). I have lots of supplies and tools to share!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics