Page 3 of 18 
Username Post: January Budget Challenge        (Topic#1568555)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

GAH!!!!!!!!! My manager had me unpacking all the new K&Co spring stuff. Oh my goodness, some of it is fabulous. There are some chipboard letters I'm just drooling over. I only found three sets in the box and someone already bought two of them. I really wanted to buy the last one. They are gorgeous. Alas, I remembered my one little word. Restraint.

Sonja, what carts did you get?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Bootses

Danged Peachy website... I'm thisclose to caving on their deal today! I really do want those Pink Paislee Mistables so I suppose it's a worthwhile purchase! Someone talk me down quick!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Kelly, I got Jubilee and Base Camp. Cricutmachine had a big sale after Christmas and I paid $30 for both with Christmas money!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

I don't blame anyone for not following my budget break down, as it's mostly for me to break my budget! I have projects to make, budgets to blow and not enough time or money. I'm still PT at M's, and still alive at my other job. There are 5 core staff at 2 temps (Friday is their last day). 8 women in a very small space, with lots of people coming and going, phones ringing, and tons of learning- its been interesting.
I spent $21 on Slice cartridges and $13 on albums for my SIL.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

Hello Ladies

Kelly, I am totally loving my new job!! I am the new Controller of Cintron Beverage Group. They have been without an accountant for 3 months now so I have a lot to do and am totally busy all day, which makes the day fly by. Thank you all for the well wishes, I really got lucky in finding a job so quickly. And you know when I was home and not working I totally did not have time to scrap!! I think i really do MAKE time when my time is limited.

Sonja, I too have dropped to just the basic kit in February....i love their kits but they get pretty spendy....I too need absolutely nothing!! but NEED is not an option when it comes to scrapping HAHAAH!!

I went shopping on Monday and did pretty well. I spent $58 at J's but had a $50 gift card...on the bottom where it tells you how much you saved...yeah i saved $128 so I think I did pretty darn good....I got 4 ms punches, and a ton of christmas scrapping stuff...ohhh and buffalo snow for my village (thats what put me over my card so technically it wasn't scrappy stuff hahaah)

I then went to M's because I had a gift card for there also...I spent $14 over my $30 gift card. SO Tammy, please deduct $14 from my budget!!

Boy have I missed you ladies! OH and it was 14 degrees here this morning...i was totally not a happy camper!!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to newtoscrapping2011

It's been the 70s during the day here. Hoping for hot chocolate weather soon.

I haven't spent anything. Who's impressed?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to runzalot81

Well I'm impressed, Alissa! (And just a little jealous!) I'm sooo weak-willed, I caved on the Peachy Cheap deal... drat!

So mark me off another $9.99, Tammy!
After SOD, that'll leave me all of $5 to spend for the month!

I'm blaming Courtney... She turned me on to those sites a few months back!! Thanks a lot!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am definitely impressed Alissa! You, Kelly and Vivian are all not being yourself - where did the aliens hide the bodies I wonder?

Courtney so glad you are enjoying your new job!

Sonja my dear girl - you are the gonna be the Queen of Bust this month if you are not careful!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sonja so I assume your SOD is $55 so I marked it right away

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Vivian Lake

Um, what's wrong with Vivian?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

Its ok Sonja...you can blame me LOL!! whatever helps you to sleep at night HAHAHAH!!

I am extremely impressed Alissa, Kelly and Vivian....i dont know how you do it.....I honestly NEED nothing, but still feel the impulse to BUY!!! LOL I am hoping to get some scrapping done tonight

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'll be honest. I'm still thinking about those adorable chipboard alphas from K&Co. If they are still there tomorrow, I might be bringing them home with a coupon. I was thinking about holding out until next week when the coupon is 50%, but with only one set of letters left, it will never be there. Next week, I'll pick up a pack of ATG tape with my 50% off. I start to panic when I have less than 10 rolls of tape...

Courtney, I'm so happy you love your new job, and congrats on the design team. That's awesome.

Sonja, I knew you couldn't resist the mistables. Those were awesome. Other than F2F, I refuse to look at any of the daily deal sites. I'm determined to be good.

Alissa, you are doing awesome. Keep it up!

Vivian, stop beating your computer up and pack instead. Can't wait to see a few piccies of your new house! Hope the close happens sooner rather than later. I know how frustrating short sales can be. I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly and quickly for you.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Is it friday yet? LOL

Thanks Kelly for the sweet words...No scrapping for me tonight...we have to go grocery shopping YIKES LOL...hopefully tomorrow night will be scrappy happy time for me...Saturday we have to go pick out our new wood floors, and look for furniture....oh and DE DECORATE my house where Christmas threw up LOL!! Sunday I am going dress shopping with my friend for her wedding dress...

I JUST WANNA SCRAP!!!!! lol

Vivian I totally do not envy you..i HATE packing..I have moved so much that I am really good at not keeping stuff....but its still a pain in the rump!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I feel for everyone - I am starting to go through absolutely everything once again - I am planning to move to Britain (hopefully before Easter) and it is so much cheaper to buy new so I am going to be very ruthless about what I am keeping and what goes - I will donate whatever I can. But oh it is hard indeed.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Tammy - Yep... probably will be the Bust Queen this month, though I'm really going to try not to be! SOD is $55 I think... I'll get the invoice this week - we don't count shipping right? If we do, then I bust!

Kelly - STOP gushing about those K&Co alphas and go get them!!! I think I'd panic if I only saw one left... But get them and let us see them so I can oggle them enviously!

I'm impressed with Vivian and Alissa for sticking to their budgets (so far)!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Bootses

Oh beans.... they just posted all the new K&Co stuff on here... Loving that Engraved Garden set... I just can't catch a break!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

jci but now thanks to Sonja I need to check out the new stuff

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I only enable when I must!