Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Smash Books?        (Topic#1568719)
Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen

I just purchased a smash book and would love to see other's examples of what they have done.

TIA!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I bought a couple of them from HSN a few months ago and they are still in their box!!!!

Would also love to see some examples of what you guys have done with them

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to madmatter

Like to see examples too!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 01-04-12 07:23 AM
In response to prittb

I did a search in the gallery for "smash book" and found a bunch. Cathy79 and Heavens**** (can't remember the full name) have quite a few pics in their galleries.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Tivi

I bought mine during the summer but didn't get any of the Smash specific embellies. I haven't done anything with mine, yet.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SoonerT

I love mine, and am having a great time with it- I think they look cool (I have the 'black' one) and I like the paper in them-

I also got the 'SmashStamp,' which is fun just to have on it's own- it's a date stamp, plus lots fun sayings to stamp with the date. Love it.

I think they're lots of fun. I like keeping it in my backpack, and use it like an idea book, lists, notes- it's kinda like, to me, an informal scrapbook (not that my pages are formal, lol) but - hope you get what I mean.

-k

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, can I come to your house to play, it sounds like you have all the cool toys.

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to SoonerT

I am using the pink one to keep journaling and memorabilia about my second daughter's first year. pretty sparse tight now but put her ankle bracelet from the hospital, cards and a few pix so far plus her footprint.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SoonerT

Sure ya can! I got the Bind-It-All up and running yesterday!

For realz, tho- I'm a toy addict. If it's for sale, I want it!

-k

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, I am the same way, especially right now. I am looking to get the Cinch and Gypsy before the end of the day.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to camelheel

• camelheel Said:
I am using the pink one to keep journaling and memorabilia about my second daughter's first year. pretty sparse tight now but put her ankle bracelet from the hospital, cards and a few pix so far plus her footprint.

What a clever idea.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-04-12 11:58 AM
In response to SoonerT

Was wondering if I NEED a smash book. I thought I'd use it like a journal, too. Then I realized I have no time and no ideas. But the smash books are really full of possibilities. Bought one and a bunch of stuff for a friend.

Kory, I'm like you...I just need it because it's on sale. I was just telling someone that I bought two Tim Holtz dies because they were $5 each. I don't have a die cutting machine. Seriously, I need an intervention.

nicburton
New Kid On the Block
nicburton
In response to PDRNC

• PDRNC Said:
Was wondering if I NEED a smash book. I thought I'd use it like a journal, too. Then I realized I have no time and no ideas. But the smash books are really full of possibilities. Bought one and a bunch of stuff for a friend.

Kory, I'm like you...I just need it because it's on sale. I was just telling someone that I bought two Tim Holtz dies because they were $5 each. I don't have a die cutting machine. Seriously, I need an intervention.

LOL. Well now you'll have to buy a die cutter to go with them otherwise they will be a waste of money.

I'm the same as you guys, love all the gadgets. I was lying in bed mulling over my next purchases and have decided that I want the MS scoring board. I've only ever made one card!

BTW, got the cinch and gypsy for christmas. Haven't used the cinch yet, but the gypsy is awesome.

nicburton
New Kid On the Block
nicburton
In response to nicburton

BTW, I've been trying to find a smash book in Australia but have had no luck (unless I want to pay $35 on ebay). They look really cool....no idea what I'd use it for, but I would really like one...

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 01-04-12 03:48 PM
In response to nicburton

• nicburton Said:
  • PDRNC Said:

LOL. Well now you'll have to buy a die cutter to go with them otherwise they will be a waste of money.

I'm the same as you guys, love all the gadgets. I was lying in bed mulling over my next purchases and have decided that I want the MS scoring board. I've only ever made one card!

BTW, got the cinch and gypsy for christmas. Haven't used the cinch yet, but the gypsy is awesome.

Glad I'm not the only one. I have the MS scoring board. I don't make cards but it was on sale for $10 so I had to get it.

I see many people making their own smash books. See if you can find some videos on youtube.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to PDRNC

I have a SMASH book and really love it. I use mine for a place to collect things...tickets to use later in my scrapbooks, a list of things I need to accomplish relating to scrapbooking (layouts, pictures to print, etc.), a list of special quotes I find and love and plan to use eventually on layouts, little notes my boys have written me, and a couple of my most favorite photos placed here and there in it to inspire me, a scrapping wishlist, and notes from recent travels. Mine is definitely not a scrapbook to treasure just a cool, fun place to collect thoughts and things!

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to Vintageivy

The SMASH books look so cute, I inspected some at Ms the other day but I think I'm going to make my own. I have a TON of paper that I need to use and I'll probably never actually use on layouts or minis so I think I'll make my own pretty little smash book. My intention is to use it the way you've described, just a place for all my lists and thoughts and different things that I want to remember. I also think I'm going to make a section for home decor. DH and I are starting the process of buying a home and I have a million ideas so I think this will be a good thing to keep those organized as well.

RobinH
RobinH 
Veteran
RobinH
In response to JessieGirl01

Got one for my daughter, but she's afraid to "mess it up!"

I got one for Christmas, haven't used it yet. I need to find all those little things I tear out of magazines that I want to keep!

Check out Crafting at the Spotted Canary, on PBS, to see several examples of how to use these.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to RobinH

I have a SMASH Book and some of the stuff that goes with it but I haven't used it yet...I'm not entirely sure what to do with it to tell the truth.

I did make a "junque journal" out of a notebook...inked some pages, covered some with scrapbook paper, and left some blank for writing on...and I have a ton of stuff in that LOL.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to DNA301

I have one as well. I plan on using it as my travel journal when we go to New Zealand in February......
Alison

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics