Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Smash Books?        (Topic#1568719)
Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to kiyawinn

Thanx for the ideas!!

I think I will use mine as a journal, memory keeper, idea journal; a total mix of things. Just to keep stuff in that I would normally put in a box and never look at again.

Drex
Drex 
Pro
Drex
  • Drex on 01-05-12 12:16 AM
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Here are some ideas from the gallery. (I found them by going to the smashbook products in the store and scrolling down to the section that says "Layouts & Projects Using This Product":

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=searchs ku&sk...

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to PDRNC

• PDRNC Said:
Was wondering if I NEED a smash book. I thought I'd use it like a journal, too. Then I realized I have no time and no ideas. But the smash books are really full of possibilities. Bought one and a bunch of stuff for a friend.

Kory, I'm like you...I just need it because it's on sale. I was just telling someone that I bought two Tim Holtz dies because they were $5 each. I don't have a die cutting machine. Seriously, I need an intervention.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to SoonerT

I am about to go pick one up. I thought it would be fun to keep in my (way to big ) purse and pull our and doodle and journal my new life in Michigan.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-12 09:25 AM
In response to AniPie

I have two...one I used for vacation paraphenalia last year, and the other I use as a weight loss book Love them!

Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles
In response to Huskymom

I'm in love with my smash book! I always saved little tidbits of things with hope of using it on layouts. I also scribble memories down especially of my childhood but never get around to making a layout. Now I put it all in there & it's great that I'll be able to look back on all these memories. I always felt so guilty or like I was never gonna have enough time to get these memories down.

Feel like a weights been lifted!

I bought my 2 DD's them for Christmas. They are 11 & 16. They love it too!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to Jennsdoodles

There are lots of cute ideas on YouTube also. Search "smash book" AND "junk journal".

I started a DIY one last month and am almost finished with it. I've been having more fun with this project than I've had in a really long time.

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to MammaJamma

I love my Smash books! I have used them to keep magazine inspiration pictures, and also a great place to keep the oodles of pictures, notes and drawings from my best friend's two little girls (because I refuse to throw them away).

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to kiyawinn

I have a couple and love them! It's a great way to use up scraps, ugly paper, miscellaneous photos (i.e. Christmas card photos that everyone sends), love notes from my husband, movie stubs... whatever I don't want to put in my regular layouts.
They have a mini Smash too!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to bbarthej

they carry the whole line at M's and ACM's now as well

(I just happened to wander through both of those stores today ... )

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to madmatter

So I was given a smash book, the pink one. TOO CUTE. I have decided to use it as a journal. Carry it around with me and just add things that have meaning, keep lists in the the pockets and write down things as they come to me.
I also think this would make a wonderful gift for someone going on a trip or as a mini book for someone. The smash pads are cute, could even be used in regular scrap booking. not sure they are worth the money. I think K&C tag pads may work better, just a thought. But so far I am liking it alot.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to AniPie

I love the Smash pads/tags/things- they are lots of fun. I think I have bought every one of the little pads except for the family/kids themed one (if I'm remembering correctly). I especially love the travel themed 'pad.' And yeah- you don't hafta have a SmashBook to use them- I've stuck a few in a minibook I'm working on-

-Kory
-admitted Smashbook addict.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to designguyKORY

I definitely need to look at getting the travel themed one, it would be perfect for our recent trip to Colorado.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to SoonerT

I don't have a Smash Book but I LOVE the Smash pockets and I've been very interested in the Smash pads - I love journaling prompt stuff like that. One need only look at my collection of Little Yellow Bicycle journal tablets to know that...

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to aquabunny

I looked at these at my LSS last week, and was contemplating buying one, but I wasn't sure what I'd do with it so I left it. I may have to go back and look at them again! I go to lots of shows so at the very least I could collect all my ticket stubs in them (I save all the durn things - even though I have no idea what I'll ever do with them LOL)! I was actually surprised that I was able to leave them - I have a SERIOUS journal addiction.

Jen

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned
In response to JenKoss

Just got one yesterday. The yellow International themed one, plus the blue "like it" tape and stickies.
Has anyone done anything with the covers or just left the imprinted designs as is?

Maria1955
Tenant
Maria1955
In response to nicburton

Yes they are expensive here in Australia, but do I do I make my own. Its not had to do at all and now that you can find smash book stuff here not too dear its great and the other beauty of it is that it is an original and not the run of the mill books available. Its just how you want and like it.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics