Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: receipe book        (Topic#1568731)
mars2005
Veteran
mars2005

i am looking for a step by step instruction on making a receipe book. i know ive seen some that have, i believe 5X5' pages with envelopes but that seems small to me. i looked under resourses but didnt see anything. and tutorials, or websites you can forward to me would be great. thanks for all your help.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to mars2005

My advice is to use a 3-ring binder style book and not a post bound. They stay open so much better. The 8X8 is a good size but the 8 1/2 X 11 is just too large.

Look in my gallery in my albums and find the recipe album to see one of the ones I've made. I just used cooking/food pps and elements and printed the recipes on my printer.

Good luck and I'd love to see what you come up with.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

I made mine with a 12x12 scrapbook. I included photos and journaling as well. I have it posted in my gallery.

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to DittoBabyGirl

theres a bunch of pages. which page is receipe book on

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to DittoBabyGirl

what page in your gallary

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to mars2005

go to rockmom's gallery - click on the "albums" tab, its near the top of the page - and then click on "recipe"

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to rockmom

I'm sort of confused.
Choose an album size, add recipes??
I just did one using a photo album with 4x6 slots, and recipe cards.

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/893.html

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/63.html

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:
what page in your gallary

That will depend on what your settings are. Not everyone has the same view.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-04-12 01:32 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

AHA!! Recipe booklets! This is why I need a Cinch or BIA, I knew somebody would come up with a good excuse - er, "reason" - for me to buy a new machine.

On topic - I think the reason you haven't found a tutorial is because you can do whatever you want, there's no "standard" way to make one. As Linda said so succintly - choose an album size and add recipes.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to stick

I'm not being a jerk here, just trying to be helpful - make sure you spell "recipe" correctly when doing your search or you won't get any results.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

What they said!

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to Bxr-Linda

well being a "mayor" probably a trival question and im sorry. ive seen many, many different ones and just wanted some opionions on which ones were easiest etc. only been scrapping since September 2011 so i thought id ask.

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to kelseymel

probably would help to proof read huh? thanks

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to rockmom

duh, i didnt see the "sub titles" underneath. really nice!!

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to stick

thank you for an "nicer" answer to my question. some were not so easy on me, lol. i didnt know if maybe there was a "rule of thumb" on size and style. sometimes (ive seen this on other forums) some answers to some "newbies" questions are not very kind. i guess i should of put this question under "beginning" scrapbooking.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to mars2005

I've made 2 recipe books & I used a 8 X 8 D-ring album. They turned out awesome. I put it in a D-ring because the pages can be removed easily. I made the pages with recipe cards on each page (I made them from a rubber stamp recipe card) where she could put in her oun recipes. And I made one for my daughter where I put all the family recipes in it. There was a lot of room & I also left pages for her to put new recipes, notes ect. If you look in my gallery I have posted some of the pages there & the album also. The album I bought was one I could embelish how I wanted.

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to teresa0817

wow, such detail, i LOVE them. yours has probably given me the best idea on how to proceed. you put ALOT of work into those. I was thinking of making one for my daughter-in-law. she is a Vegan and has books everywhere...and i mean everywhere. i noticed some got wet and that gave me the idea to make her a special one with just her favorite recipes in it. thank you so much. i am inspired now!!!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to teresa0817

I am using the new Creative Memories Nancy O'Dell recipe album kit, which makes everything easy as all the pages are already designed- it is like a kitset. I believe they are on backorder at the moment though. The other way I have done it is as 6x4 recipe cards that I embellished and then bound together with a single ring in the top left corner, but that is not as sturdy as some of the other suggestions.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to chile_chicken

Glad to help and also glad you found inspiration.

The forums are here to talk about scrapping so feel free to ask away any ole time. There are many ideas and ways to do things and each and every one of them is the "right" way. No single way is correct or better than another. I like that SB.com has provided us with ths avenue to explore different ideas and thoughts, it just makes the craft so much more enjoyable and enriched.

Teresa, that's a very nice album you created!

I am goning to include "kitchen" LOs in our family album and include the recipes we use as a way to preserve our family's culinary point of view. We have two trained chefs (my DD and DSIL) and I have learned a lot from them. These will be 12X12 LOs and NOT used for cooking. The other albums I've made were made for use.

Good luck and have fun!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to rockmom

Be sure to post your receipe book when you finish!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics