Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: receipe book        (Topic#1568731)
kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Be sure to post your receipe book when you finish!

Is your spellcheck broken, too, hotcakes?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • ScrappyMama6 Said:
Be sure to post your receipe book when you finish!

Is your spellcheck broken, too, hotcakes?

You know it Muffin! Whoops!

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 01-05-12 02:32 PM
In response to ScrappyMama6

Seriously y'all

Muffins and hotcakes.

I'm trying to go GLUTEN FREE dammit and now I'm cravin me some carbs.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Juggy

• Juggy Said:
Seriously y'all

Muffins and hotcakes.

I'm trying to go GLUTEN FREE dammit and now I'm cravin me some carbs.

Sorry, beef jerky.

(Can you have beef jerky? I love beef jerky.)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

No that's just mean! Callin' someone jerky. I think you need to be nicer.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to Bxr-Linda

One more reason I want an ipad... to put all my receipe's on it!!! I hate looking through books for them.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-12 04:25 PM
In response to AmyK75

I love the idea of making a heritage type recipe book with handwritten recipes from family members that are favorites to us. I probably would make mine 8 x 8 size so I could include a few photos, as well as the recipes. there are some great recipe page kids available out there, both in paper and in digital kits that may help you if you want to keep a "theme" throughout your album.
I've wanted to do this for a while and haven't...you may have given me the inspiration I need to get started....

There are sometimes recipe page swaps in the swap sections that are fun...I have a mixed drink one I was in and a full recipe swap album.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-12 04:28 PM
In response to Huskymom

If you search the gallery here (and elsewhere) you will find TONS of ideas for creating recipe book pages and then tweek it to make it your own

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-05-12 04:42 PM
In response to Huskymom

I think it really depends on what you're purpose of the album is for...one to preserve/share family recipes passed down from generation to generation or a useful album that you can find/add fun recipes to (such as from a swap) to use on a regular basis. The gallery has a wealth of resources

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to Huskymom

Man, rough crowd..lol. i need to slow down and proof read, i type so fast and just hit "add post". i am heading out to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get stuff for the R-E-C-I-P-E..book. roflmao...i also thought of doing some picture albums..Mod Podge is the way to go there..from what i have read. i will post when i make them. my inspiration for the recipe book was going to my sons house and my daughter-in-law is a vegan and cooks like crazy but some of her books are getting ruined on the counter top. i asked her "dont you have one place for your everyday or special recipes?" she said no,,,,and my brain went...OH YOU WILL.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

I made a 75 page heritage recipe book for my nieces wedding. I used 8 1/2x 11. I used a 3 ring binder. That size had plenty of room for pictures, stories, histories, recipes, things I decorated the pages with. The smaller ones are way too small for me. I have most of it in my gallery. You are welcome to check it out.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

I made a recipe book for my niece going away to university and used an 8x8. I started with a 6x6 but found it too small...
I'm planning on putting some of my own recipes into a book for myself as well. Bought the stuff but haven't put it together yet.
Good luck with yours....
Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by kiyawinn on 01-05-12 10:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics