Username Post: clearsnap/mixed media: how to use?        (Topic#1568735)
emelineh
Expert
emelineh

Hello fellow scrappers!
I've recently run into containers of clearsnap/mixed media (by Donna... Salazar?) in a shop. I'm wondering how to use them, and for those who do, how different are they vs. embossing powders?
Thanks a lot for your help!
best wishes,
Emeline

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to emelineh

sorry no help here but just wanted to comment that i love the dog in your picture!!! I used to have sheepdogs when i was young.

emelineh
Expert
emelineh
In response to Fargomutt

Thanks! The dog on the photo is a bearded collie - very sweet gentle smart breed!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to emelineh

Are you talking about these products below? They're actually inks, not embossing powders.
If so, just look them up in the superstore and it gives some details about them. It also shows projects that were made using them.

emelineh
Expert
emelineh
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks Amy! Yes, these are the ones I saw in store! I just checked the superstore, but I'm not sure I get how different these inks are vs. Tim Holtz distress pads (for inking/coloring) or vs. clear embossing ink with distress embossing powder :-S
Anyone aware of a tutorial showcasing these products? *pretty please*

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to emelineh

Hon, just google it.
Search for donna salazar mixed media tutorial and lots of tutorial videos come up

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to tinacome

Here's a video I found online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgF15jxJsXE

Looks like the main difference is that it's a very thick ink.

emelineh
Expert
emelineh
In response to tinacome

ha ha ha touché

emelineh
Expert
emelineh
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks Amy, super helpful! Looking at the video, I don't think these inks are tremendously different from the ones I have (versamark and the likes), at least for the use I make of them. I'll refrain from purchasing them for now! Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!
Cheers
Emeline

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to emelineh

I had seen those and was wondering about them, too- the containers looked strange in the picture- I was like, 'are these inkpads or some kind of gel or WHAAAAaaat?'

k

emelineh
Expert
emelineh
In response to designguyKORY

Thanks Kory, I feel less silly to know there are other people out there who were also unsure about them
Let's say we keep each other posted, 1st one of us who tries them out lets the other know! ;-)
Btw GREAT to see a guy on sb.com, I'm now curious and going to take a peek at your gallery
Best wishes,
Emeline

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to designguyKORY

I always thought they were more like paint...if you do a search for paint on here, they come up...
I would "paint" with them using a brush...watered down or on their own....
Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics