Username Post: starting to make cards        (Topic#1568793)
Rose M
Rose M 
Resident
Rose M

is it easier to start wo make cards that are already have a design on them than to make your own? I would like to make some thank you cards but keep them simple. Any ideas will be appreciated...thanks:)

Tenant
In response to Rose M

Hi Rose! I've been making cards for a few years and have found that you can pretty much do whatever you want to make gorgeous cards:)
I've used the packages of pre made cards with envelopes and made my own with card stock, a good cutting board and envelopes I buy at dollar stores.
It's cheaper to make your own cards but the packages of pre cut and scored ones are faster in a time crunch. Then you can just add a stamped "thank you" verse and maybe a strip of ribbon with bow to make it cute.
All depends on how much time you have and what you want to put on them. The gallery here has great ideas to get you started!
Have fun!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Michelle Adams

I just made my first thank you cards and have them posted on my blog. They were easy! I used cardstock, a die, a punch, ribbon (bow was too hard for me) a button and a stamp. I made them assembly line and it took less than an hour. I already had the envelopes.

Tenant
In response to theellenbee

I couldn't tie a bow for the life of me, and then I found a little plastic device called the Bow-Easy. It's a square piece of plastic with grooves cut out of the sides of it. You simply wrap the ribbon around 2 of the grooves loop the one end and ta-da you have a ribbon bow! And it makes 8 sizes of bows with up to 3 inch wide ribbon. So cool and soooo easy!
It's made by the Posi-Bender Co. in Huntington Beach, Ca but I bought mine in a store in Innisfail, Ab Canada.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Michelle Adams

Either way you do it, will lead to gorgeous cards. Me personally use ready scored cards from Rayher. They are the thick sturdy heavy weight cards and come in all sorts of colours. I usually use either white-ivory or cream coloured cards. Sometimes I use a pastel light pink too. They come with matching enveloppes and have their lil embossed brand logo on the back of each card and enveloppe. You can use basically anything you can find on your card as long as it is mailable. I tend to work in themes for me Christmas cards and any other occassion card is personalized for that person. I seen cards made with samplers from the paint shop, you know those lil strips of colours on them. Sooo cute, never wouldve thought of it meself. Have to see if I can make some with those too...come to think of it..lol
Good luck with your cards, browse the Cards Gallery, lots of great ideas

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics