Username Post: ideas for new born pics?        (Topic#1568897)
ScrapNorway
Idol
ScrapNorway

I would like to get ideas on what kind of newborn pictures to take at home.

any ideas out there?

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to ScrapNorway

There are so many ways you could take it, you're really only limited by your imagination here.

I'd start with a google search for newborn photography and then maybe search flickr to get ideas of what you might want to do.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to photo_chick

When my cousin and his wife had thier first baby, he had a picture of one of they baby's bare feet next to one of daddy's bare feet--she called it "following in daddy's footsteps." It is really cute!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 01-07-12 10:45 AM
In response to jaspernonyx

google is your friend. so is a bedsheet and the crib...

or a basket

if it's your newborn, please be aware you may not feel up to it. Sadly, I didn't. I had list of wonderful ideas...I didn't get them, I was too sore and tired to move and get down/up, ect.

Until a few weeks ago, I used a flat sheet draped over the side of dd's crib

I suggest taking weekly or monthly photos of the baby in the same spot with the same object (you can really see the growth).

I LOVE Milsadaydreams (she now has a book, course, as much as I would have loved to do this...ummm yeah...

another blog is young house love, i loved how Clair's pictures turned out after 52 weeks.

Personally, dd just gets put somewhere, and I snap. in auto even. dh did set up my backdrop and lights, but I haven't had the brain power to think to. that's ok. auto does pretty darn well.

one of my fave is of her feet.

have fun!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to ELynn

My sister took a photo of her newborn sitting in a chair with a stuffed animal every week, she was born on a Sunday so every sunday for the first year she took a photo with the same stuffed animal and it was just so amazing to watch the transformation from week to week!

And those photos are perfect for mini albums!

supasuze
New Kid On the Block
supasuze
In response to MrsAnnieS

This is my son Felix at 10 days old. Hope it helps... You'll need blankets with texture and a warm room with great natural light.

Felix by supasuze

Colour by supasuze

OMG by supasuze

gleepsie
New Kid On the Block
gleepsie
In response to supasuze

Great pics of Felix! Goes to show that you don't need props when your baby is the subject : )

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics