Username Post: adhesive        (Topic#1568899)
Expert

What adhesive do you all use to put together your cards?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to deedee49

I like me ATG.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

ATG here, too.

Scotch Quick Dry or Glossy Accents for bulky items like flowers and bows.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kelseymel

Glue Arts Adhesive Squares (they're like Glue Dots only thinner, square and stronger)
Zip Dry
Fabri-tac

Expert
In response to Here Kitty

think I have to get me an ATG. Everyone seems to love them. Are there differences?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to deedee49

ATG, glossy accents score tape I use a combination of things but the paper is always all atg.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Sneezy1956

I like Zig 2 in 1 glue the best but do have an ATG.
Yes there are differences in the guns I think different guns take different sizes of tape( the width of the tape roll). I have the yellow gun but am out of tape right now.
But I like the Zig glue because I do alot of small things like gluing eyes on animals or centers on flowers. Plus it works well for making small glitter dots or lines of glitter. Zig comes in different sizes and I usually get the chisel tip for my purposes.

Expert
In response to catzscrapper

thanks all...I didn't think of the zip glue..I have the really small tip for letters and small things.
Still think I need an ATG...

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to deedee49

Yes, you do.

(Seriously, after I got mine I kicked myself for waiting so long. Use a coupon at M's or J's and they're not that bad.)

Expert
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Yes, you do.

(Seriously, after I got mine I kicked myself for waiting so long. Use a coupon at M's or J's and they're not that bad.)

Yep...think my next J's or M's trip I will get one. Just laid a bundle down at my LSS, so may have to wait a week or two....And love your emoticons....poking me to get an ATG....love it!

golden1
Resident
golden1
In response to deedee49

i use my trusty old glue stick.....the fat one made by scotch. i love it. i got an atg gun for christmas but i can't use it. then i found out that they are tricky one for lefties. i always use old magazine pages to glue on so that i won't make a mess when i go to the edges of the image.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to golden1

I use my ATG gun for 95% of my work. I use glue dots for the small items like flowers and circles, as the ATG gun can be tricky to use on a small circle. I sometimes use glossy accents to tack down a loose corner. If I forget how to refill the ATG, I look at a youtube video.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to golden1

• golden1 Said:
i use my trusty old glue stick.....the fat one made by scotch. i love it. i got an atg gun for christmas but i can't use it. then i found out that they are tricky one for lefties. i always use old magazine pages to glue on so that i won't make a mess when i go to the edges of the image.

I used to use this but later discovered that the bond is not permanent and the pieces of the card will come apart

I use Scotch Quick Dry (wet glue, dries clear), Glossy Accents, foam adhesive for dimension.

golden1
Resident
golden1
In response to runzalot81

thanks for the tip abt the glue stick

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to golden1

I use my ATG to bond paper to paper and use Scotch Quick Dry or Zip Dry to adhere buttons, bows or flowers.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to scarlet864

I use Scotch double-sided scrapbooking tape b/c it is re-positionable (a must for me). I also use glue dots for things like chipboard accents and designs and buttons. I also use my Xyron sticker-maker quite often. Things that I used to use Mod Podge for are now simply made into a sticker.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

ATG here,,,,,,,

I also use foam dots for dimension

glossy accents and zip dry,,,,,,

but my fav is my ATG. I couldn't live without that thing.

8cutekids2scrap
Idol
8cutekids2scrap
In response to jaspernonyx

I use the scotch double sided tape too,I have better luck with it.I purchased a small pink tape gun but I keep running out of tape.I think I will get a larger tape gun later.

charmingliltrinkets
New Kid On the Block
charmingliltrinkets
In response to 8cutekids2scrap

I have an ATG and I like it, but I don't love it. I think I may need to use it more to get the hang of it. I love Scotch Scrapbookers Glue for paper to paper, it dries without leaving those annoying bubbles that regular Elmers does and it has a large spongy applicator side and a very tiny tip on the other end. I also really enjoy Glue Dots.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to charmingliltrinkets

I think I have to go buy an ATG gun. Sounds like many people have them. I use Dots, but I like the ease of using tape runners, just haven't found one that lasts before a couple of refills.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics