Username Post: Spellbinder size        (Topic#1568969)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

I have a question for the Spellbinder users....

I´d like to know which rectangle Spellbinder dies are perfect for die cutting Magnolia stamps. And I mean size wise. Am getting to the point where it is getting difficult for me to cut a straight line so I want to start using dies for cutting out me Magnolia stamps. I´ve been looking at the large rectangles, deckled rectangles, squares and ovals. I dont want to lose anything of the image and I tend to put either a Tilda sitting on something like a bench or create a small scenery. Since the Spellbinders are so expensive, I´d like to hear from others which they prefer..and which would be perfect for size. I´ve looked on the site but its confusing for me to do the inches...

Maybe some can post some magnolia stamps die cutted with a Spellbinder die so I can visualise it.

Thank you

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to TheCharmedOne

If you search the card gallery using the word Magnolia, you get a lot of examples. Perhaps you can browse there and when you see an artist using a die you like, you can check to see if they listed the set or PM them to ask?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

ummmmmmmmmmm all of them?????

be careful, nesties are ADDICTIVE. six months ago, I had one set,,,,

now I have 32. AND rising. rapidly.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CommaHolly

Hhahahahaa Holly! We have a lot of dies aswell but the Spellbinders are quite expensive so we are selective in buying those. The ones we do have, tend to be used a LOT! I totally hear you! They are so much fun to use. Am looking at basic shapes tho, rectangle, round, square. Will the Large ones be big enough to cut out the magnolia stamps? I especially like the deckled ones.... gives that vintage feel to it...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't use magnolia stamps, but if you go to the spellbinders web site, it will tell you the size of each die.

then you can measure your stamped image and see if it would work.

I know that squares and circles and and rectangles and ovals are the shapes I use MOST often.

I tried originally to not buy those, because my cricut could cut a circle,,,,,,but it was just so nice to be able to pull out a die to cut a stamp, rather than trying to stamp straight ON an already cut circle, or whatever, that I gave up and bought basic shapes.

Good luck! (and good luck trying to resist the other shapes!)

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CommaHolly

LOL Holly!! It's sooo difficult to resist! For sure....lol

I hear yas, we have a Cricut here but its kinda catching dust on the shelf. It seems to be a full task to use it while the Cuttlebug is easier to put on the table n simply cut. And like you said, its easier to cut around a stamped image than stamp an image onto a cut out.

I've tried to cut double cards last night with the Spellbinders and it worked great!

Spellbinders
New Kid On the Block
Spellbinders

Here's a link to our online store. You can get all sorts of information about our dies there. I particularly like the "search" box at the top for finding items that might be hiding in a category you hadn't thought to look in! http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Products/

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Spellbinders

Thank you! Am kinda hoping and thinking the Large dies are big enough. I'll have another look

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics