Page 18 of 18 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to slyn11

Thanks Roselyn.

I am needing to contact some of you via Facebook...mostly the newer members. If you could help me out with that asap, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

sending good thoughts to those battling the snow storms

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Happy Pres. Weekend

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Hi all...

I know we're all definitely struggling to get back around here with life through its ups and downs. Hope to see you all soon.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

Okay everyone....

I'm hitting a very difficult decision around here, and it needs input with all of you. It has been brought up to me that maybe it's time the group just kind of...disbands. And, to be honest, it had been something that keeps crossing my mind but I keep pushing far, far away.

There's a lot of changes going on for so many of us, and we keep hoping things will pick back up. The question is: is it?

I'd love to hear from ALL of you. What are your thoughts? Your concerns? What do you think we should do?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

Ugh, Chris, that is a sad but good point. I know that we all have so many commitments it's getting harder to keep up with the requirements. As for myself, I've hardly done any scrapping, and I don't know when that will change. I hate to see the group disband, but I would completely understand if it is the right thing to do.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

Chris,

It seems we have all drifted away for extended periods of time. It is a fun group but the zeal seems to have faded a bit. I would hate to see it disbanded as it is an awesome group but maybe a hiatus is in order. We have all had so many changes going on in our lives, some more than others

As I pulled this forum up to check in, I saw I hadn't checked in during Feb. Dang, I know I thought of it and I see I didn't follow through.

All our lives seem to be a bit busier. I know mine is (BTW, I am a perm employee now!) and I have added some OT to my schedule. I haven't managed my free time well enough to check in here, let alone scrap. Lost the mojo, as we all have at times.

My vote is a hiatus, which the realist in me knows it could end up in disbanding. All of you have become a part of my life that I treasure and I really don't want to lose the connection.

'Nuff said. Heading into Seattle with my Sister today.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to Chell Rae

no check-ins to review.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Chell Rae

• Chell Rae Said:
Chris,

It seems we have all drifted away for extended periods of time. It is a fun group but the zeal seems to have faded a bit. I would hate to see it disbanded as it is an awesome group but maybe a hiatus is in order. We have all had so many changes going on in our lives, some more than others

As I pulled this forum up to check in, I saw I hadn't checked in during Feb. Dang, I know I thought of it and I see I didn't follow through.

All our lives seem to be a bit busier. I know mine is (BTW, I am a perm employee now!) and I have added some OT to my schedule. I haven't managed my free time well enough to check in here, let alone scrap. Lost the mojo, as we all have at times.

My vote is a hiatus, which the realist in me knows it could end up in disbanding. All of you have become a part of my life that I treasure and I really don't want to lose the connection.

'Nuff said. Heading into Seattle with my Sister today.

I know I have drifted away. Honestly I had to check the first page to even see who the current SHCG members were. And a few haven't posted in months.

The group may have run it's course and rather than try to recruit new members it may be better to go on hiatus.

It reminds me of some of my other hobbies. When the enthusiasm/membership drops the remaining groups consolidate. Maybe we should consolidate/join up with another critique group?

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae

Happy Spring to all. I hope Spring has shown up where you are.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Sigh. It seems we certainly all have hiatus'd. I'll leave the thread open for us all to check in and say hi. Hopefully, we can meet back up at some point and get SH rolling again....

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

sigh

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Chell Rae

oh no! what depressing news to come back to i haven't been around either, i haven't been scrapping and just had stuff going with me that kept me form alot of things....but since NSD I realized how much I missed being here so I am coming back to try and be more active

I understand though that we have all had changes and busy busy busy......I will still pop in to say hello

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Hey Margaret! Been a long time! Hope all is well i your neck of the woods.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CMLeach

Just stopping to say hi in case anyone is lurking around.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

I am still lurking now and then.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Me too. I lurk from time to time when the crazy allows.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

You do appear to have your hands full, in a very good way. I do miss this group and I hope we come back together at some point. I am glad I found most of you on FB. I enjoy seeing what is going on and how the kids are growing up. Way too fast if you ask me, and I only get to see them grow from a distance. duh.

have a great one.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Chell Rae

I had been planning to write a thorough post here at some future point but was never ready to. Today, I was on this site to verify some travel info (by looking at my old LOs) & there was no way I could NOT stop by to say hi...

In case the newer members do not know, my husband Greg passed away on Feb 2nd due to a heart condition & my life has been in a tailspin ever since.

Chris, thank you for letting the veterans (& maybe even the newbies, I don't know) know. Thank you all for the kind words of condolences, the thoughts, the gifts. I am severely behind on thank you notes but am sort of chugging along...

I miss Greg terribly. I miss my previous life terribly too. BUT I have done a lot of work since & have come a long way - am in weekly therapy, did a remarkable 7 wk grief group, have connected w/ other widows, single moms etc. I noticed my progress when I received recent news that someone from my high school class (who I didn't know) also lost her husband...immediately I felt total empathy for her, because there is NO amount of money you could pay me to return to that awful first week. That first week sucked, big time (you might remember how wonderfully we all got along as a family, well there was family drama to some extent on BOTH sides, death brings out a lot of emotions as you can imagine, so had to contend w/ that as well as the overwhelming devastation).

I know you all understand but for the record, I really miss being a part of SHCG! I miss being on top of Monthly Challenges & dreaming of responding to them some day. I know I will scrap again one day but right now it's a luxury to even organize/upload the photos I have in waiting. I have a sh!tload of estate stuff to still deal with, very long to-do list I'm tackling of stuff that needs to be done in the wake of Greg's death. I got the more important stuff done but then the mail comes & boom there are several more things to do, fun fun...

Caruso is now 2.5 yrs old & a bundle of delight & defiance! Being a single work-outside-of-the-home mom is exhausting - I get no respite - but I draw inspiration from others like Chris who have to deal w/ long absences from their husbands, or from my cousin who's husband was deployed to Afghanistan. I can do this, I have no choice! There's a "good" side in Caruso being so young... he's not as cognizant of Greg's loss so it's not, say, interfering with his schooling or something. But the down side is that his memories of his dad supposedly will fade because his memory is still developing. I don't know...he still recognizes & remembers a LOT about Greg so I hope he retains glimmers of memories as he grows older. AND of course we have tons of pics, videos & SCRAPBOOKS to remember Greg by.

I'm grateful I'm connected to many of you on Facebook...since I have it on my phone, it's easy to stay connected to people quickly there (rather than logging onto Sb.com). But I DO hope to log onto here more in the future, I'm sure there are LOs in the LO thread that would be a great diversion for me when I have the time to check them out. I guess we are all busy & a temporary hiatus for the group is healthy. Sheesh I don't even know what's going on the sb.com world - for all I know sticker-sneeze is back & Cricuts are outdated as cassette tapes! Ha, would be interesting for me to see what's "trending" now, if I had the time...

Today would've been Greg's & my 9th anniversary. I said this to a sb.com friend on FB - my scrap friends are in a special category because you all had a front row seat to my life through my LOs, you saw the things in my life that were important enough for me to scrap. And as you all know, one of my all-time favorite scrap subjects was GREG.

I'm hanging in there & learning to deal with this weird new normal. Caruso is a great source of inspiration & strength. We will probably relocate next year to another part of NYC to reduce my commute time & expenses (Houston is always my safety net but NYC is home & I wanna try to make it work for now). I'm mostly optimistic about our future relocation but sad & anxious too, as our current home was the home Greg & I chose together & it's been the address in the city that I've had the longest (that's a whole 'nother thread...).

Again, thank you so much for your thoughts & concerns. I hope you all are enjoying the summer & I'm glad there's a little bit of activity in here....I think one day SHCG will be back from our hiatus in some kind of form, though altered or reduced, sharing thoughts, news & craft with one another.

Love,

Me

Edited by blushpea on 06-19-13 12:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Sharon,

My heart aches often for you and Caruso. I see your posts and see your progression through this tough time in your lives and I am in awe. You are an inspiring person, not only in scrapping, but in life as well. I admire your strength and feel honored that I was among those that you shared your memories through scrapping.

I hope to see this group re-instated at some point as I learned tons and enjoyed everyone involved.

again...

Page 18 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics