Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
amms_c
amms_c 30
Guru
amms_c
In response to Chell Rae

Hi everyone, my computer broke down and its summer so I've been super busy sorry for not checking in. How is everything?

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to amms_c

Happy Belated Independence Day, everybody & Happy Belated Birthday, Lisa!

Deb - Cool about going to GASC though not cool about it getting shabbier. At least you liked your card class!

Chris - No we have not yet hit the point where Caruso gets opinionated about his clothes (unless they're too warm or tight, which we usually notice when dressing him & & change up anyway). Sounds like fun - yikes. Take care as you attend to your Real Life stuff

Jesse - Being bothered about having a new lower position is totally valid but I'm happy you at least got rehired & make the same $. Sounds like a great birthday of terrific food & drink!

Michelle - Hope you had a marvelous 5 day weekend, your plans sound so fun! Agree, you're never too old for a nap!

Roselyn - Groovy that you went to Scrapbk Xxpo!

Ammara - Hi there!

SO I was scheduled to go to a scrap retreat in early Sept, the same one I've visited 3x before & talked about in my blog post HERE . Well, I've bowed out. Caruso is still nursing, which I did NOT foresee when I scheduled this (sure I could pump while away but I'd rather be with him!). Plus Greg's ongoing back pain makes it difficult for me to leave him alone w/ Caruso, even though he's insisting he'll be fine & can get help from his parents. It would be nice to get away, I was really looking forward to it, but I just can't this time...

This past weekend was nice in that we didn't have a whole lot scheduled. I wanted to scan some pics for sharing but just lazed around instead, oh sweet naptime... This coming weekend is crazy busy - a few things planned (assorted out of state family members visiting). SIGH, I guess I'm pretty lucky if my main complaint now is too many plans!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

dang I think I forgot to check in last week.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I just bought a new laptop to replace my current laptop. I can't wait until it gets here. I'm excited because I can load photoshop on my new laptop and do digital scrapbooking on the go. My old laptop was from 2003 and couldn't handle it. I can't believe it has lasted that long. It was not an easy task picking something out, I finally ended up making a spreadsheet comparing all the different models I was interested in. Then the entire time I had DS telling me how I should be getting an Ipad instead!

Sharon - sorry to hear you'll miss your crop, the things we give up for our children!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to autumngold

Howdy!
New puters, fixed puters, ignored puters...all covered here. LOL.

just a quick hello. Been a busy errand and cleaning day. I hope tomorrow is as nice as today was so I can go out and enjoy some sun. Of course I may end up washing my car...then it will look so good I may have to take a drive.

Sharon, I am sorry you are not going to your scrap retreat. I do understand your reasons for not going.
Happy thoughts to all

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Chell Rae

Lots of computer stuff, I think I just read.

Sharon - sorry to hear about canceling out on our retreat. I have a friend who is still nursing her oldest (Joey's age) and now has a new one (born Memorial Day). The oldest has regressed about a year on his nursing which I know is a bit frustrating for her as he was very nearly weaned, but he's not being nearly as aggressive as we all worried he would be. (Note: she is a pretty extreme attachment parent, so really no surprises there.) Hope your weekend was awesome.

You know I'm not fond of being absent around here, and yet Real Life, as Sharon puts it, has been unrelenting this year. Instead of rewriting things, here's the summary of where I've been as posted on my blog.

And, now I have a sick-ly kid. I guess no surprising after airplanes and airports and climate changes....

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

lots to catch up on I see. Will have to do that tomorrow. I spent the day at a Scottish Highland Festival with some friend and I am beat. We had a lot of fun. The day went by way too fast though. Didn't get to see everything. Did see lots of men in kilts though.

I meant to check in and say hi earlier today (before I left) but I was running behind. Only 10:15PM here so I guess it is still Saturday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Chell Rae

Is it already almost August??????

Deb, I totally know what you mean about being surprised a computer has lasted a long time. I bought my desktop in Feb 2004, and knock on wood, it still runs like a champ! I fear the day that I finally gives it up; it's been such an awesome machine.

Sharon, bummer about the retreat. Hopefully next year will work out for you.

Chris, hope life settles down for you soon!

Michelle, hope you're continuing to have nice weather. It has been brutally hot here and it makes it very difficult to want to do anything!

to everyone!

As for me, nothing special is going on but I've still been feeling really overwhelmed with everything. I've been trying to scrapbook here and there, but I just can't get into it. I do have a project on the horizon; my hairstylist found out she's having a girl (yay! fun pink stuff!) and I'm learning how to make mini-albums so I'm going to make one for her. I'm currently collecting things for it and I'm up to my eyeballs in MME Lost & Found 2 Blush and all sorts of foofy pink ribbon.

Very tired today; we had a fire call at the county landfill last night and I didn't get home until 1:30. It was a pretty nasty call, the stench was awful and we were slipping and sliding in the gooey landfill sludge that resulted from all the water. Coming into work at 6:30 was painful!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to *jesse*

Deb - Cool about the new laptop!

Chris - Condolences on your loss. That was an incredible blog post & I hope the healing as progressed even more by now.

Michelle - The Scottish Highland Fest sounds fun!

Jesse - Ooh how sweet of you to make a mini book for your hairstylist! Ick re: the landfill fire, but good that you all were able to stop it.

Hey there Lisa and everyone else!

So we had a big family gathering (of Greg's side) in upstate NY recently for my MIL's birthday (since all of us gathered for FIL's birthday in Hawaii). It was really nice to have everybody together.

One of Greg's out of town brothers is still in town so this past weekend we took Caruso to this interactive thing called Tangle -http://www.polyglottheatre.com/tangle - where kids weave these ribbons & walk through them, sort of teaching them about being interactive & weaving w/ each other. Actually the main Tangle was for older kids but they had a smaller version for little ones - Baby Tangle. Anyway, the frustrating thing was they made all of us wait in this huge line even though we were only going to the baby part - there were all these bigger kids waiting for the big Tangle & like only 5 babies at Baby Tangle! Caruso only got several minutes there but I don't think he minded, he was only mildly into it anyway.

There's a crop Saturday night that I was thinking of going to...but I've been enjoying watching the Olympics too much to go! It only comes once every 4 yrs after all. Oh well.

Hope to catch up in the LO thread soonest...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

I can't believe it's Aug... summers half over

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
I can't believe it's Aug... summers half over

Thank goodness! I hate working 9 to 5.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to slyn11

Going to catch up with business around here over the weekend. Some of you need to move to CAM status, etc.

I, unfortunately, didn't get in submission(s) for July. Awful, awful leadership here. Sorry, friends. Life goes on...

Family in town this week. Been crazy -- DH was only home 2.5 days before heading to CA to work out there. Dad visited (just left) and my Mom comes next week. Joey is so stressed from not being on schedule for so long and being interrupted/disrupted. My poor, poor baby...

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

hello. I am going to go melt now. Granted we are only in the low 90's but that is too dang hot for me. All the windows are shut, blinds closed, curtains closed, fan going and I am still hotter than Hades. I have empathy for all of you that have endured these temps and higher. ugh. I don't want to do anything at all. And I can't find anything showing the Olympics that I want to see. Okay...I think the heat has made me a bit grumpy ( read what I had typed). Off to drink some water and sit in front of the fan. Have a great weekend!!!

amms_c
amms_c 30
Guru
amms_c
In response to Chell Rae

hi everyone...sorry for being away so much I've been dealing with a lot these past few months with moving back to canada..also dealing with a lot personally as I have been trying to cope with an unfaithful husband for 4 years...4 years of my knowing about things he does and almost 6 years of us being married. I've finally decided that this won't work...it's taken me a long time to gather the strength but i suppose 6 or 7 years is shorter than 'the rest of my life'.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to amms_c

Has it been a while since you did a SHCG Challenge? Well this month's challenge is to share an Olympic memory. Visit our SHCG BLOG for more details on our challenges.

1984 Olympics By Gelidy Gelato

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Ammara... so sorry to hear about your RL issues.

Michelle, you react to heat about like I do! I hate the 90+ days, and this summer almost every day has been over 90. I've been a grumpy hermit. On the rare days when I don't have anything going on, all I can do is sit and veg out in front of the tv.

I'm on my own for a few days... bf and his brother went to Colorado to see a Neil Young concert. As much as I would have liked to go to CO, I'm ok with not going (no vacation time yet) because I can't stand Neil Young. Unfortunately, he's one of bf's favorite acts so I get to listen to his stuff ALL. THE. TIME.

Have a crafting day coming up in just under two weeks with friends... hopefully I will get something done then and have something to finally share with everyone!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to *jesse*

checking in... because I always forget to

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee

Hi, remember me? Wow, I haven't checked in since June with the MC. I'm dropping in to report that I went back and reread all posts from the beginning of this thread, took notes, and added it to the drafts in my email account. It's almost 1am here, so I have to turn in and take care of it tomorrow night.

After that, I'll start critiques beginning with the most recent first. The further I get I might ask individuals if they still need/want critiques. If not, I'll leave a comment.

Finally, I'll post a catch up post on things in my end. I'll try to keep it short, but it all goes back to May when life tore the hearts out of that first social circle I mentioned in an earlier post. After lots of back and forth, I decided I feel it's something really important to share because it could help someone someday.

Before I go, the next post goes out to Amms and Chris.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to twinscrapbee

Amms, in such a few words your strength during this awful time comes through loud and clear. I commend you for the choice you're making, and I feel privileged that you shared such a personal... I wanna say problem, but thankfully, it will be a problem no more. Please know, we are here for you, especially in those times you feel weak, vulnerable, lonely, or even when you want to just take a moment and appreciate the new love you have which might be discovering all the great things that lie ahead of you.

Chris, I read your blog regarding your loss, and I was touched by such honesty in your reflections. Thank you for sharing and for beings such a wonderful coordinator of this group, throughout it all. I hope the week after has proven to be a welcome departure from such an emotional time. ITM, how has your dad been lately?

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to twinscrapbee

Hi everyone, I haven't been around because I've been having a blast on my trip to Iceland! I've taken so many photos I'm going to be overwhelmed when I go to scrap them!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics