Page 4 of 18 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to Chell Rae

Hi Everyone!

Just getting a chance to post..hubby's birthday weekend and he is demanding. LOL

I am Roselyn from NJ...married for 7 years (wow time flew!). I work in a university library...nirvana for a book geek like me. I enjoy writing, reading, playing with paper, watching soaps (General Hospital is my favorite). I am also into sci-fi and horror...addicted to the ID channel....and BBC dramas and mysteries.

Since we are listing favorites - The color pink, mexican food, Lifehouse/TheCure/TheBeat les, Being Human UK, Chuck&Blair, TheVampireDiaries, Twitter, Primas, any brand of spray mists, MarthaStewart's style, General Hospital, Pretty in Pink (and numerous other 80s teen movies), Dawson's Creek, BuffytheVampireSlayer, my Kindles, fanfiction (reading and writing), TheKnicks, youtube addicted

I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to slyn11

Hi everyone I have been MIA as I have been in Thailand for 3 weeks!
more to follow as well as lots of new vacaction pages in the next few months

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Melanie - Melanie, I assumed you were a former Northerner from the way you talked but I guess I was wrong! Why do you hate FL? So great to hear about others having preemies, we were totally caught off guard. DS is measuring a little small & light BUT developmentally he is right on track! I totally agree w/ you about sacrificing scrapping right now while kids're young - they will only be this small for a limited time.

Deb
- Welcome Deb! I am similar to you, I usually only like snow when I'm snowboarding. Have you been skiing all your life? I grew up in TX but I took up snowboarding after marrying a lifelong skier, I'm ok for a novice but still fall a lot!

Howdy Michelle!

Roselyn - Hello fellow tristater! Since you like BBC programs, am wondering if you've ever seen the BBC production of "Pride & Prejudice." I recently read the book for the 1st time & loved it; people are recommending the BBC Colin Firth version over the recent Keira Knightley movie, so I wanted your thoughts. Like you, I love pink, The Beatles & The Cure! Am enjoying watching the Knicks lately too, NBA basketball is my fave sport to watch, though I can't watch whole games much due to the baby.

Lisa
- Have a BLAST in THAILAND! Look forward to seeing your vacation pages!

How was everybody's weekends? Caruso's playdate w/ his grandfather Friday went well - went to Kidville (baby/toddler play areas & classes), crawled/cruised around their place then went to a fave pizza place where they met Greg's brother, who gave grandfather & baby matching NY Knicks "Linsanity" shirts!

Saturday we went to CT to visit friends & meet their 4 month old baby. It was so nice to hold a little pudgy baby again. Meanwhile, our little one (16 months old) showed a new level of stranger anxiety, it took a while for him to warm up to our friends but it's understandable, he was in a totally new environment w/ new people. He's been saying "uh oh" & "bye" lately & can sign "shoes" now too. And did I ever tell you all how he signaled "touchdown" during football season? He has transitioned to basketball season & now signals whenever we say "basket"! That's our cutie.

Gaah, the weekend was too short! I have tons to do in the coming weeks, lots of social stuff, things to do around the house, etc etc. Looking forward to seeing last night's Amazing Race but dunno when we'll get to it... Also, hope to post my 2nd ever post-baby LO soonest!

Have a good week, SHCG.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Chell Rae

Hiya! Went to the doctor's today to have my anti-anxiety meds checked. I have/had (it depends on the week) an inherited panic disorder and I'm just now coming off of my controler medication after...er...almost five years of being on them.

Thanks for the very friendly welcome! I hope to get to know everyone here!

Roselyn- Oh another tristate person! Cool! What kinda fanfic do you write? I use to write Lord of the Rings fanfic when I first started college then I got into writing fanfic for The Matrix LOL!

Lisa- You went to Thailand? That is so wicked cool!

Gina- What kinds of research have you seen? I'm trying to get into the scientific research field.

Sharon- I like Alcatraz...but I also like Fringe and both shows have the same kinda vibe (to me anyway). I'll have to get some layouts together with Murphy. I have a ton of pictures of him but I never scrap them LOL!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to DNA301

Hey all -- glad to see our PledgeZz have made their way over for the most part.

Feeling awful that I haven't been around over the weekend. Busy busy busy.

But why I'm here is to just check in, say hi, and say I'll be MIA for a few more days since DH will be home in, oh, 10ish hours. I will be sure to do a full-on check in, etc. over the weekend.

:hugs: all.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Ashley - Yes we must see some Murphy pages at some point! Re: "Alcatraz," a show that seems kind of similar is the new show "Awake" which I semi-want to get into but there is just not enough time for me to get into another show (that's why I haven't gotten into "Alcatraz" yet, cool as it seems).

Chris - Hope you & Joey enjoy time w/ your DH!

What's everybody doing for the weekend? We did have plans yesterday to go to Princeton, NJ to see our friends & their son - we were gonna lunch & then have fun at the children's library. BUT Caruso got sick at daycare today so we cancelled...not only do we not want him to travel if he's ill but our friend just finished chemo & can't be around sickness (if indeed Caruso is sick again...we are hoping he just ate something bad & will be back to his regular chipper self soon!).

Scrap-wise, I'd like to finish splanning this one LO (Pledgezz, to me, scrap+planning=splanning; I have to splan all my LOs, that's just part of my creative process). I'm not sure when I'll actually scrap again, as I'm going to a scrap retreat in Sept & need to splan sufficient stuff for that. I also want to fill in this multi-pic picture frame that a coworker gave me last year...yes it's finally time I get something in that!

Have a good one, SHCG.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to blushpea

JCI... I'll introduce myself to the newbies and catch up soon, but in the meantime, !

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

oh so much catching up to do. I pooped in to say hi and see how much reading and learning I have. A ton, but I am sure it will be worth it when I am more awake.
For now, Hello, welcome...talk to you soon.

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to Chell Rae

Hi Everyone! Wow there's a lot of new faces here- welcome! I've been quite inactive lately because I moved back to canada almost two months ago now and my scrapbook room is still all packed up. My sister is getting married next weekend! Then a cousin of mine is getting married in Ontario the weekend after!! I'm so excited and our weddings last for a few days each. I'll be very very busy for these next to weeks and then after all the wedding preps and frenzy are over I should be able to unpack my scraproom. We moved into our own place just last week because my work had given me a place to stay for the first month that I was here...moving's not easy and I've moved around SO so much in the past few years it's crazy! can honestly say I miss holland and all my friends there but it's nice to be back home.
Hope all is well with everyone else and I cant wait to get to know all you newbies!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

Bren - STAT. Send me your email so I don't forget to send your RAK...again. :-/ Bad, bad me. Also, a Q: were we doing the birthday bulletin this year? Not necessarily a swap, but just the list like we did last year? I know CAM birthdays don't start till April, so just wondering, Ms. Birthday Badazz.

LOVING seeing our new pledgeZZ here!

Ashley - Another NY-er. We seem to attract them around here! that you do GS. I'm a lifetime member and if I had my own girl, would totally be into it. For now, waiting to see if kid takes an interest in BSA when he's old enough (still many years away).

Melanie - You hate Florida? Why, if I may ask? I know I would miss the changing seasons there. Primary reason why I wouldn't move south of VA/NC. "Me" time is TOTALLY crucial with kids! I whole-heartedly agree!

Gina - WOW on your family size! Bet you enjoy all of those nieces and nephews though! I'm thinking it was an interesting(?) experience caring for your own brother. hearing what you do for work. I'd to get back into science/medicine/healthca re and that sort of thing interests me.

Ahh Sharon... You are awesome at highlighting EVERYTHING. I totally agree that your charm bracelets ARE like wearable scrapbooks! Smart boy with the sports signals! Sad to hear about your change of plans for this weekend.

PledgeZZ -- Sharon was our previous coordinator, so if I have no clue the answer to your question, I defer to her!

Roselyn - whereabouts in NJ are you from? I grew up there, and Jesse's from there currently.

Oh, Lisa! Seriously can't wait for you to pop in and tell us ALL ABOUT Thailand...and maybe share some pictures?

Heya Deb, Michelle and Jesse!

Oh Jesse - how's the job hunt going?

Amms - SO GLAD to hear that you've found your own place and are settling into it! Has it REALLY already been two months?! Wow! Time flies!

Catch-up post from me in a few....

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

I'm not even sure where to start.

LOTS of good news:
- Twin mommy has been DISCHARGED from hospital bedrest. The Twin-to-Twin Tranfusion Syndrome has apparently self-reversed(!!!). Took her to the doctor yesterday for a scan/NST, and it was SOO nice to see her. 33w today, and counting!
- Neighbor will BE HOME next week from rehab! Still a long way to go, but she's getting there!

Dh got home Wednesday from Brazil. Should be home till the end-ish of the month then gone for SIX weeks. New boat, new rotation. Six gone, 3 home. He's going to miss Joey's birthday next month.

Speaking of birthdays, I have NO clue what I'm doing for it. He's big on the "fish book" right now - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - so now I'm thinking to do something themed like that. Otherwise was planning either Cars or Dinosaur Train.

Been crafty this past week, but not too scrapbook-y. A new wreath for St. Pat's and a rag quilt. Also started the background for a layout from Valentine's Day. Ordered photos and somehow forgot JUST THOSE in the order. Of course, that meant I was totally bummed when I sat to scrap, so I haven't done anything more (and I haven't yet ordered those missing pics either - will do when finished with this, though, since I'm going to order Brazil photos, too). My DT term appears to be up, so I don't have that motivation either.

No clue what else other than trying to keep up with blogging and with my HRMom site. Collaborating with myactivechild.com some with it. And not liking that I had to switch it over to Timeline on FB. The little things in life.

OH, BUT... DH and I may go on our FIRST date since having Joey while he's home this time!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to CMLeach

I'm so sorry for being absent but I failed to subscribe to this link and lost it. I got a pm today asking me to check in. Thank you for getting in touch with me so I could subscribe. I promise to keep up with the group now.

My name is Kay, I'm 63 and married to Steve. We are both retired and have 6 Saturday's and a Sunday in each week. Next week is our 8th anniversary. I have two sons and Steve has 1 son. Together we have 6 grandchildren. and one very loving dog, Dottie, who has her own scrapbook.

I love to travel and just went on my first cruise last fall. I love photography and of course scrap booking. I am a gadget person and must have all the latest and greatest scrapbooking stuff. I've been scrapping for about 15 years and have seen the industry change and grow -- from my 8-1/2 X 11 ring binders, in which I cut my photos into shapes with the curvy edged scissors and glue sticks and flat stickers to much more evolved layouts.

I am losing the sight in my right eye and I am color blind, so scrapbooking can be a challenge some times, and I'm trying to get as much done in the event I lose my sight completely. I don't say this seeking sympathy, but to show my determination to leave a legacy to my grandchildren and beyond.

I also love family history and have link time I discover a new ancestor, I meet a new friend. I have one line that go back to the year 116, and several that go back to the 14 & 14th centuries. I hope to someday publish this work.

Edited by Mother Goose on 03-10-12 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Mother Goose

Happy Monday
Like many of you I am still catching up after my absence. It's so exciting to see new members.

I may not get to any Thailand pages this month. I am still going through my 3,000+ photos!
I have decided to go digital with some traditional embellishments added later. In looking over my photos, I want the flexibility of working digitally. It is SO much easier to resize photos and make multiple photo pages working digitally. This is a big decision as I have a closet full of supplies but I think it will work best for me as I will be able to crank out pages before I lose motivation. Wish me lot.
LISA

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Hey everyone, unfortunatly long time, no see. As I said in my intro, I have a huge family and am really close with all of them. So after getting home from my weeks in Cincinnati, I had to somehow make time to see all of them. Last weekend, we had my family over to finally celebrate Christmas. On Christmas Eve last year, there was a grease fire in my kitchen and my husband suffered second and third degree burns on his hands - so we spent Christmas and New Years in the burn center at Johns Hopkins and haven't had a chance until now to get my whole family together for a celebration. Then this week, it was traveling to celebrate my 14 year old niece's birthday, going to meet the new niece and this weekend we're keeping three of my nephews and one of my nieces for some St. Patty's day fun. Whew.

Besides all of that, I just switched companies and I've been transitioning the organization of my home office and completely all of the training.

Busy, busy, busy time and from what I've read - all of you can relate.

I haven't had any time in the scrap room recently. Hoping for a quiet weekend next week to maybe get some stuff done.

Sharon - Traveling for work seemed great to me when I first started, I quickly learned that you see the airport, the hotel, and the clinic you're going to visit before heading back to the airport for your flight somewhere else. I do rack up the frequent flier miles and the hotel points though - so the job lets me travel more personally when I have time. HA! I'm hoping that since with my new job, it looks like I'll be in one city a week, I'll be able to do more exploring.

Deb - I live in Harford county. In Aberdeen, actually.

Michelle - I love Eric!! He's my favorite. Love True Blood - but mostly because of Eric.

Ashley - I worked at Johns Hopkins in oncology research for almost 15 years and then worked for a large clinical research organization doing dermatology and childhood vaccine studies. The new company I work for specializes in transplant studies.

Chris - caring for the brother was certainly a challenge. There were days he loved me and days he hated me, but I guess that's just part of being a "parent". He and I are very close though right now he's trying to figure out who he is and spread his wings and the hardest part I think is letting him make his own bad decisions so that he can learn from them. At the moment, I'd like to lock him in his room. HA!

Kay - I love how you said 6 Saturdays and Sundays in a week. I think it's awesome that you're working to leave memories for your grandkids. I certainly wish I knew more about my grandmother than I do.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to Gina_EH

Just wanted to pop in and say hi...I wanted to chat a bit and respond to some stuff but my boss is lurking. Seriously he needs to lay off the work...it is FRIDAY! LOL Be back later though...

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to slyn11

As a fair warning, I have been having one of those days where everything seems to tick me off, so if that shows it's ugly head at all here, I'm sorry.

Kay -- nice to have you here! Welcome to the party. Wonderful to hear about your determination.'

Lisa -- You going digi? You've done it before with cycling LOs, and I'm totally sure you will ROCK it!

Gina -- Whoa, busy week! Good luck on your reorganization and the new company. LOL @ locking brother up in his room.

Roselyn -- No other words but

Quiet-ish week here. Really warm, lots of outdoor play, lots of growing up by Joey... Oh, and his first haircut.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to CMLeach

hi there....so much to catch up on...I will be reading for awhile.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Chell Rae

Um...hiya? Had a crazy week and change...mostly revolving around Girl Scouts (planned a big event which had to be canceled because there was a grease trap explosion in our meeting place and then moving that event and planning another for last week's 100th Girl Scout Birthday) and dance classes (the studio I attend has a big photo shoot coming up so costumes needed to be fixed, shoes bought....that kind of stuff). Hope everyone had a really awesome St. Patrick's Day! My sister went to the parade here in NYC. I went to the movies to see "John Carter" but I had french fries afterwards and I wore green!

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to DNA301

Hi Everyone - hope you had a great weekend. I did. I spent the weekend with three of my nephews and one niece. There was grilled cheese on Friday night - I let them flip their own. They're 5, 5, 6, and 7 so they get a big thrill out of it. Then we started watching Happy Feet. They didn't make it through the movie as sleep was calling them.

Saturday we made green pancakes, read books about St. Patrick (during which I was describing to one of my five year olds about the holy trinity. He said, "Jesus got eaten by a crocodile and then came back to life." I'd never heard this version of the story before. He told me his mom told him that Jesus died by a crocodile. His seven year old sister had to explain that it was a crucifix, not a crocodile. The things kids come up with.), we played with bubbles outside, went to see The Lorax, played mini golf and capped the night with pizza. They went home yesterday. I'm exhausted.

Slyn - sorry, I don't know your real name. Your boss really needs to go away so you can do more important things. LOL. That's one of the perks of working from home. Though as of right now, I don't have much to do. I just started at a new company and the study I'm going to be working on hasn't started yet. Lots of boredom so far.

Chris - I hope that whatever was irritating you the other day has resolved itself. First haircuts are so cute - as long as the little one sits still, I suppose.

Ashley - wow, sounds like a very busy time. Glad you got to enjoy St. Patrick's day with a movie. You wouldn't catch me at one of those parades. Crowds and I don't mix well.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I'm actually hoping to get some crafting done this week. We'll see.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Gina_EH

Hope to catch up in here soon, life has been tres hectic...

Page 4 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics