Page 6 of 18 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to twinscrapbee

Hellooo, Newbzz! I'm Brenda. I have several common interests with each of you. I hope to respond to each of you individually within the week. In the meantime...

What you might want to know about me:
*I'm too young to be this old.
*I have a cat who's spoiled and very contrary. She's 12 and she's a Pisces.
*One of my siblings, a younger sister, lives with us. She is also very contrary.
*We have done a lot of traveling, and I may never get to scrap all our trips, but I will bleed trying... sometimes, literally since a lot of our "vacations" have resulted in at least one "Final Destination" adventure per trip.
*Once Upon a Time, while playing a Game of Thrones with the New Girl at The Office, I felt a Smash and began to thirst for True Blood; now everything goes from Glee to Grimm on a weekly basis.
*I love to escape reality and fall in love with fictional characters.
*Schrub and I go to a lot of concerts. Music makes me lose control.
*Tennis teams and tennis photography are the alien hosts that have invaded my body.
*I often overthink things that can put major delays on my creative process.
*I seriously need to take my scrafty supplies and take my work to the next level. If I could scrap once a week, and eventually get published, that would be epic!

What you should know about me:
*I hate the terms "take it to the next level" and "epic."
* Brendaspeak: please take out your notepads and jot this down and prepare to get SHcooled (Please see "schrubby" below).
}scrafting = scrap + craft + ing Please use this term only when appropriate.
}schrubby = scrapbook (supportive) + hubby Please note the unusual spelling pattern. Points will be deducted for the incorrect spelling shrubby. I am not married to my landscaping. Same goes for scrubby. Doing the nasty with a Brillo pad is uncomfortable.
}When I use DH in reference to my schrub, it does not mean Dear Husband. It means he's being a D H.
}seester = sister Put on your best Igor and give it a try. Fun, huh?

*I am brutally honest with my critiques, because I expect the same from others, and I believe we're all here because we feel the same way. I try to keep my critiques constructive and based on basic design principles, but most of the time what I offer in terms of suggestions is just another way of envisioning your layout or scraft. Take whatever is useful to you. After all, it's your work. Please feel free to let me know when I've rubbed you the wrong way. I may be a badazz, but I have no problem with admitting I'm wrong.

What you should not know about me:
*If I'm gone for a spell, follow the trail of blood. If you find me, check for pinpricks, slap on some bandaids, and steer me clear of the boards. Otherwise, check for bite marks, and then run! I'll be very thirsty.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Ok, finally sitting down at the computer to add my intro for the newbiez!

My name is Jesse, and....
-I live in Iowa. Yes, I am a farm girl.
-I'm a volunteer firefighter.
-My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years, but the real man in my life is my Rottweiler, Tank (see avi).
-True Blood (Bill!!!), Swamp People, and American Pickers (I live about 20 minutes from Antique Archaeology) are my TV obsessions.
-I'm a freak for anything with wheels, particularly classic muscle cars and International tractors.
-As you may have noticed already, I hold the title belt for heavy-weight procrastinator of the world.

Sharon, totally loved your first post for the challenge. D@mn. Your sb.com friendly challenge is great too; I should try and use that as a poke to actually get something done!

Brenda, ITKWYM about job stress. As much as I hated going in to work every day, I really did like my job and the people I worked with. I miss them a lot. It's just almost impossible to see that when you're stuck in the daily grind. Tank is well, he was supposed to have a blood test recheck in March but I never called. I guess I'm just sticking my head in the sand as long as he seems happy & healthy.

I'm going to try and log in more regularly... I swear I've been more busy since I've been unemployed. I haven't been sitting around bored, that's for sure!

to everyone...

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to *jesse*

Ok, I need prayers of comfort for tomorrow's round of treatment on my eyes. I'm quite anxious because the last two week's treatments have left me with headaches for the entire week afterwards. I'll probably been in bed with the lights off tomorrow when I get home.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to Mother Goose

Kay, I'm sending visions of sugarplums to dance in your head. May you beautiful images with your eyes closed soothe you until you feel well enough to use those peepers at full capacity.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

I'm up from my long nap after I got home for my eye appointment. I think I can see some improvement, but eye is pretty sore. The meds the Dr gave me really knocked me out. I don't know how druggies function. Well maybe they don't.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya everyone!

The dance studio I go to had their photo shoot the Monday and Tuesday that just past. After the fist fight that happened last year (between one of the dancers and an instructor), I was really wary about this year's photo shoot. My pictures were on Monday...they went well and I guess they came out alright. I won't know for sure until I get the pictures later on this month. I sort of "got volunteered" to help with the little kids photo shoot on Tuesday and that was a bit of a disaster. I accidently sent two little girls to the photographer in the wrong color tights (in my own defense, I didn't know they were in the wrong color tights) and the studio owner decided it was in her best interest to scream at me from the top of a flight of steps instead of coming down to talk to me like an adult. I walked away, trying to be the bigger person, but I did inform two people on studio staff that if she ever yelled at me like that again, I was walking out and not coming back.

Sharon- Thanks for pointing me towards that tutorial. I'm going to have to sit down and seriously read it. I really would like my scrapbooking to get better. I don't know anything about Macs...sorry! (The nine year old I tutor knows more about the iPad I own than I do.)

Chris- The Ambassadors are a relatively new thing in Girl Scouting. I'll never understand why they split them out of the Cadette/Senior troop. I hope your party planning and other events went well!

Brenda and Jesse- Nice to "meet" the two of you!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to DNA301

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. I have a little free time today (My OT request for today was denied ) So I thought I would give my introduction

My given name is Michelle and I have many nicknames including 2 on this site....Chell Rae (part of my first name and my middle name) and Chellby (courtesy of Brenda since my favorite car is a Shelby).
I live in the Seattle Washington area and have for 23 years now. I was born and raised in Montana. I went to Montana State University (Fighting Bobcats for those of you into college play).
I have an older sister and brother as well as a younger sister. We are kind of spread out now. My older sister lives near me and we get together frequently. My brother lives in Texas, married with 6 kids (oodles of nieces and nephews), and my younger sister is married and lives in Alaska.
All of us were raised to enjoy sports, my brother is the only one that really doesn't follow sports now. My older sister and I have been Seahawks Season ticket holders since 1997. After we made it to the Super Bowl and the opposing team lived up to their name, my younger sister got Season tickets too. They are the row in front of us and about 2 seats away from ours. I also participate in Fantasy Football. I do watch other sports and have been trying to get into College play...little by little.
Some of my interests: Scrapbooking (duh), Photography (I actually put 3 pictures in a State Fair a couple of years ago and got 2nd place on all three), bird watching (it should be called bird indentifying),music (I have very eclectic tastes in music), I attend music concerts a lot (enough that I am working on a scrapbook of just the concerts I have attended), I like movies, I collect trivets from anywhere and everywhere, including place I haven't been as friends get them for me(trivets are kind of like hot pads but they are usually made on ceramic tiles), My winter theme (Christmas) is mostly snowman, and I love hummingbirds (I finally had one visiting my feeder when we had a few days of snow...yes I got pictures)
I am a seasonal employee for the Department of the Treasury, more specific...I work for the Internal Revenue Service. hmmm, didn't realize a link would show when I typed in my place of work. Have you all filed your taxes? There, my duty is done.
I can have a dry sense of humor and I love puns.
I may have skipped or missed something but that gives you an idea of me.
Welcome to our family of fabulous people!

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to Chell Rae

Hi ladies! I'm backkkkkkkkk
I"ll try to get caught up on the layouts asap but I flew back into town 3 days ago and the wedding frenzy is now officially over.
I had so much fun and right now I'm going through a bit of withdrawal. Not to mention that I've gained another pile of extra pounds with all this great food..
I finally had a chance to start unpacking my scrapbook room and since I don't have much furniture yet things are stashed in drawers or piles all over the room hopefully that will change soon but at least I can SCRAP after months of not being able to create anything I can't wait to get back into it!
Hope all is well..I see a lot of intros here..welcome to all the newbies and I can't wait to read through the intros to get to know everyone better.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to amms_c

I will respond to everyone hopefully later, but I wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Easter weekend! Sister shows up this afternoon and then it's nonstop family for about 1.5 weeks. YIKES!

And, hey Amms! Nice to see you back and read you'll be back to scrapping soon!

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to Chell Rae

• Chell Rae Said:

and I love puns.

Welcome to our family of fabulous people!

This made me smile! Thank you for the welcome!

I got posts to start showing up in my email...I feel like a supastar right now!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to RoselynR

Hi everyone!

I'm been gone the last week because we were on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean - San Juan, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, and St. Martin. We had fantastic weather and now I'm back to cold Maryland weather. I only took about 700 photos!

My underwater camera died mid-trip, but fortunately the pics I took of us swimming with sea turtles came out!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to autumngold

Oooh! I want to go on another cruise. DH and I went on one last fall. Happy Easter everyone.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Kay, hope you recovered nicely!

Michelle, I learned something about you reading your intro... I didn't know you liked hummingbirds! I like them too. In fact, 2 of my 5 tattoos are hummingbirds!

Ugh, woke up with an awful neck pain this morning, no amount of aspirin, Excedrin, or alcohol will relieve it. Hopefully I can get a DR appointment right away in the morning. The worst part is that my friend and I have been planning to go to Chicago tomorrow for quite awhile. Pretty sure we're going to have to reschedule.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

Jesse, way cool about the hummingbird tats (pictures?). I saw a really cool one that I am considering...I put it up on Pinterst.
Sorry about the headache/pain. I hope it goes away so you can go to Chicago.

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to Chell Rae

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to go back through and get updated but for now thought I'd just say hi. Things are busy around here as I'm sure they are for everyone.

As for layouts in March I made a bunch but have to figure out how to add them to the thread for layouts. Maybe I'll just skip March and start fresh with the ones I make for April.

How do you get posts to show up in email? I really need to do that - I don't delete email until I've addressed it, so that would be a nice reminder that I need to check in. You guys know how it goes, in the middle of a busy day - if it's not on the to do list, it doesn't get done. That's my life lately.

Okay, really going to go back and get caught up with everyone and then I'll make a real post.

Gina

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to Gina_EH

I am going on a cruise next month...autumngold has me even more excited.

Gina there is a choice when you subscribe to get posts in email...I think that was where it was. I had the same question two weeks ago. LOL

I am in such a good mood today...my favorite show of all time got renewed..General Hospital. ABC wisely cancelled that stupid talk show and kept it.

Edited by slyn11 on 04-11-12 03:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gina_EH
Veteran
Gina_EH
In response to blushpea

Kay – I completely hear you on those pollen counts. Allergies have been terrible around here this year. Loving the weather, hating the congestion…

Sounds like your surgery went well. I’m continuing to send thoughts and prayers your way.

Sharon – hope you and Caruso are dealing okay with his pre cursor to asthma. Good to know what you’re dealing with though. I can’t help you with the Mac issues. My husband is an IT administrator – we’ll never have a Mac in this house, though I think I really want one. HAHA. So sorry to hear about your friend Cindy and sorry that you couldn’t make it to the Memorial, but glad that you got some things done and I really liked the layout you made celebrating your memories of Cindy. I always tell my husband who lost his first wife to cancer that those that we love aren’t truly gone as long as their memory lives with us. *hugs*

You totally got me with the April Fool’s joke. I was reading on the blog and thinking to myself “she can’t be serious.” LOL. I’m looking forward to participating in the April challenge.

Chris – I love that you’re donating your hair. I think it’s great that people do that. I used to work at the Johns Hopkins Oncology Center and know how much the wigs those women wore meant to them. I’m giving you hugs for that.

Michele – I’m glad you finally got some time off. Your schedule sounded crazy!! It makes sense to me now that I know where you work. My taxes are filed. Promise. And the darn check I have to write out to Uncle Sam every year has been sent electronically. I guess that’s what happens when you’re in one tax bracket and your husband is in a higher tax bracket since my income is taxed at his rate come tax time – and that’s about as much as I understand about that. He’s the money guy. He tells me what I can spend and I spend it. That’s my role. I love football, too. The Steelers are my team and living in Baltimore that’s not an easy thing. Two years ago I beat the guys in my family at our Pick Em league (I’m sure you know, but you pick who you think is going to win each week and then get points based on how many you choose correctly) – it was so nice to beat the boys. My mother in law has beat them the last two years. Girls Rule! My husband and I also go birdwatching, not so much identifying for me, but he has his book and his binoculars. I mostly just turn to my mother in law and say, “what’s that?” We’re actually going this Saturday. I’m looking forward to it.

Brenda – nice to “meet” you. You’re statement I’m too young to be this old made me smile. I feel the exact same way and I also escape reality with my fictional characters – though I’m team Eric all the way. HA!

Ammara – welcome home!

Jesse – nice to “meet” you, too. I think I’m going to have to give you a run for your money on that championship belt for heavy-weight procrastinator of the world! If not for the last minute, I wouldn’t get anything done. I’m trying to force myself out of that, but I think it’s a fight I’m going to lose.

Ashley – your story about the dance pictures has me thinking about that show on tv. Is it called Dance Moms or something. I don’t actually watch it, but I see the commercials for it while watching other shows. That sounds insane. I’m sorry that woman screamed at you. People just make themselves look like idiots when they do things like that. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

Deb – Cruise sounds awesome (never been on one, too afraid of claustrophobia), but yes, the weather here has been crazy. I really want to put the winter clothes away, but this crazy weather, I feel like I’m in shorts one day and a parka the next. But hey, that’s Maryland, for you.

Roselyn – thanks for the information. I’m going to get that all set up for myself. Will make it easier to keep up, I think. I used to watch General Hospital long ago – would run home from school to see it. Frisco and Felicia – swoon. I don’t watch anymore, but I’m happy for you that it got renewed.

This post is orange and black because the NHL playoffs start tonight - GO FLYERS!!

Okay, I think I'm caught up on this thread now. Will go over and check out the layout thread in a bit.

Talk to you all soon.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Gina_EH

come on you gals, let's chat. What's going on in you lives.

I took my grandson out for burgers yesterday and gave him his birthday money and went shopping with him. He turned 16 last month, but with my eye problems just got around to getting together with him. He is the son of my son who died and looks and acts so much like this dad. He was only 3 when his dad passed.

On Wednesday dh and I went to dinner with my sister and her dh for her birthday. I love her so much. I have 5 sisters (no bros), and I love them all, but there is a special bond between my older sis and me.

Another of my sisters' daughters gave birth to a baby boy the morning before Easter. Little Joey and mom (and dad) are doing great.

My youngest son and his wife joined us for Easter dinner so we had a quiet day with just the 5 of us (my oldest son lives with us). Youngest son's birthday was this week also and he requested a Mexican casserole for Easter dinner which my oldest son made for him - yea! I didn't have to cook.

I had another eye treatment on Tuesday and have the last one scheduled for next Tuesday. After that, we'll wait to see who much sight clears up and make an assessment. i'm hopine wwe can avoid major surgery to the eye.
Busy times, but making it through.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Hi everyone!

Is anyone interested in going to CKC-Lancaster in Lancaster, PA July 27-28?

I was going to go to GASC in Chantilly, VA in June but their classes this year are horrible. I'll still probably go since it's 10 min from my parents' house, but only for the shopping.

RoselynR
Veteran
RoselynR
In response to autumngold

I am going to the Scrapbook Expo in NJ end of June. I have never been to a CKC, CKU but not CKC...it used to be closer to me in Valley Forge.

Gina - I used to love Frisco and Felicia. I have watched GH since the first grade. So over 25 years now.

Edited by slyn11 on 04-13-12 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 6 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics