Username Post: I am new to digit scrapbooking and want to know....        (Topic#1569113)
E Scrapper
Expert
E Scrapper

Hello... digital scrapbookers.
I am new to digi scrapbooking and went to my local office supply store to purchase a program. They had so many to choose form. The clerks were not familiar with any of them and could not answer my questions.

They had:

Print Artist
Print Artist Gold
Scrapbook Factory
Graphic Design Studio
Photo Shop 3.0
Photo Shop 3.0 Delux
Photo Shop 3.0 Pro

Has anyone used any of these and are they worth purchasing? Are they user friendly?

I want something with layers and something with a test template so I can journal.

Thank you for any info you can share with me (pros or cons).

Elizabeth

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-12-12 01:35 PM
In response to E Scrapper

I think you'll find most people (or most people who talk about it at least) use Photoshop Elements. Layers and text boxes are basic, and it can do so much more. It's easy to find tutorials too, if you need help learning it.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

The Photoshop versions you mention are not up to date ones and Photoshop is more of a professional photographer's tool and, for me at least, is way beyond what I need or want for digi scrapping.

Photoshop Elements is the more commonly used version by scrappers which can do heaps of things but isn't perhaps so technical or overwhelming.

The current version of PSE is 10. If you go to the Adobe website you can see clips of what it can do plus I think you can still download a free 30 day trial.

I haven't heard of the other ones but tended to steer clear of the programmes that were designed for scrapping specifically because I thought I might outgrow them rather quickly.

gypsystar62
Tenant
gypsystar62
In response to scrappercaz

I use Corel "PaintShop Photo Pro". It has layers and many other powerful tools.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 02-29-12 07:49 PM
In response to gypsystar62

I got Photoshop Elements 10 for Christmas. Just today I am learning to use it for digital scrapbooking along with my photo editing. It's awesome! I've learned a lot just tonight by using Google and YouTube. There are TONS of freebies out there!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics