Username Post: Smash book titles or themes        (Topic#1569125)
Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

I just got a smash book and I've been looking at magazine clippings to start my smash book. But I'm lost when it comes to a name or title for it. Did you name yours after the year you want to smash, or a new baby, a wedding, or a trip. Or is it about your family, your children, pets, school/education, work, wishes, dreams, thoughts, or goals.

What do you smash? what do you like to add to the smash book? Whats your favorite smash items? How do you pick what should be smashed first. I'm a little nervous about doing it (messing it up) or changing my mind about the process after I start.

I for one love the like this smash tape and the calender pockets.

Thank you for all your time and feedback.

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

I just bought a Smash book as well (the blue one). I was going to make my own but I decided to use the 50% off from M's that was burning a hole in my pocket and get a Smash book. lol

For some reason it keeps cutting off my post so I posted the rest of my response below.

Edited by JessieGirl01 on 01-12-12 05:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to JessieGirl01

• JessieGirl01 Said:
I just bought a Smash book as well (the blue one). I was going to make my own but I decided to use the 50% off from M's that was burning a hole in my pocket and get a Smash book. lol

For some reason it keeps cutting off my post so I posted the rest of my response below.

As far as the process, I feel the same way, I'm afraid to "mess it up" too. But I'm trying to get away from that and just stick stuff in without thinking too much about it. But I did section it off and this smash book will be pretty much just for me and about me. I bought the little fabric tabs and sectioned it off into "I Heart...", "Great Ideas", "Inspiration", and "That's Just Me". The first section is just things I love, shows, movies, books, products, etc.; the second is ideas that I have that I might want to just jot down for scrapping, other crafty things, home decor, etc.; the third will be things that just inspire me such as quotes, pics, or anything else I find inspiring; and the last section will be all about me, current likes lists, family pics I love, stuff from everyday life like ticket stubs, receipts, etc. For me this will be like an inspiration board for me, with a little bit of everything in it. If I decide I like this then I'll probably do one every year or every few months depending on how fast I fill this one up. But I might make them after this one and make it with more pages.

Just have fun with it and let yourself be free to do whatever comes to mind. Have fun smashing!!!

Edited by JessieGirl01 on 01-12-12 05:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-12-12 05:43 PM
In response to JessieGirl01

Just think of it as a mini book and go from there. I love to do quote books and inspirational books. I think that would be a fun smash book. You could incorporate your stuff with quotes or what inspires you. Another fun mini to create is a vacation mini. Do you have enough stuff to do a vacation smash book? Best wishes, and have fun!

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

@ Crystal, I mainly smash things that I would not put in my scrapbooks, like... cards, notes from my husband and kids, small drawings from the kids, odd pieces of paper and embellishments I have no other use for... just whatever.
I haven't thought of naming the book, especially since I use it as a catch-all for scraps. I even smashed the stickers from the cover of the book.
I don't worry about messing up. I actually look at this as a way to experiment and try out new things like glimmer mist or liquid pearls.
Just HAVE FUN WITH IT and before you know it the book will be full.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to bbarthej

My newest smash/mini/spiral bound is clippings from magazines meant for my hobbies, house, and inspirations. It HAS to come from a mag though. I'm loving it so far and will start another when I am done

The title is pretty generic... "A Likes.." A for Ashley and what I like goes in

marymagdalen
New Kid On the Block
marymagdalen
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I just started something like this - sort of a cross between a scrapbook, a smash book (never heard of those until last week!), and a journal. I finished the first couple of pages this weekend. I'm just going to use it to put stuff in that grabs my interest day to day - like a picture, or a piece of poetry, a quote, a thought, a moan(!), a bit of conversation, or whatever. I'm usually way too "organised" so my resolution with this book is to NOT be like that, not worry whether it goes "wrong" or whatever - just do it. However, I really want to decorate the cover, and I could use some ideas...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to marymagdalen

I was going to make my own smash book I even got some pages ready and then i was going to bind it with my cinch but I think i'll add that stuff to my project life.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to cescrapper

I am doing my smash book as a travel book for our trip this February. I did decorate the cover....I used letters to make my title and modpodged some paper from the place we're going... I'm using lots of the pockets and decorating up the pages to make it "ready" for our trip. Along our trip I will put in receipts, brochures, some photos, memories, journalling etc..
Alison

Resident
In response to kiyawinn

Can't wait to start mine, but I don't think I'm going to have a title on it. Not completely sure about that though.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-12 04:10 PM
In response to jeniferdwn

I am addicted to Smash books!! I have one for a trip we took last summer and another for a "weight loss" journal...a third going for my daughter's soccer junk...they are so easy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics