Username Post: Okay! First attempt.....        (Topic#1569157)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

in colouring Magnolia's with Copic Ciao's... Finally seem to get the hang of it, but how do I keep the colours from fading outside the print??? This happens when I use the blender to soften a colour. I managed to make very light blue socks with the blender but now its all faded outside the lines I also used the copics for a newspaper stamp. Made it all old n worn. That turned out great. Am used to regular colour pencils so this was a challenge for me....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to TheCharmedOne

the blender PUSHES ink,,,,,,,,so what you are doing, in effect, is pushing the ink outside the lines,,,,,,

Tenant
In response to CommaHolly

I treat the colourless blender as more of a eraser than a blender, I use it to push the colour back into the design when its gone outside the lines.
Or to make bricks in the ground (use square end of colorless blending copic pen and set it on coloured area until it takes/pushes out the colour) Or to add texture to birds ( use finer tip and hold down until colour pushes out. It makes great feathers if you swipe the pen slightly when you pick up the pen)
There are great lessons in youtube section on copies pens, any thing from people to furry critters...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Michelle Adams

Thanks for the advice! It kinda makes me not use the blender. I will try to see if I can use it as an eraser. Everything went well except for the socks where I used the blender to soften the colour.

For shades like backgrounds around the feet or on the edges of a very light colour, which copic is best? Am looking for a greyish/blueish kinda colour. With me Bruynzeel pencils, I have this great blueish grey pencil I use for shadow around the feet (on the ground) and for shadow depth on clothes/baskets, hair ect I have a brownish grey colour. I was wondering if there is a similar colour for copics.

Also, which are your favorite copics colours for Magnolia stamps? I love the vintage looks like a dusty pink, or a old lilac, soft pastel old green. You know what I mean...lol

I wanna start doing more with copics but am soooo new to it. Am used to colouring with colour pencils but with the news paper stamp I done, I noticed how you can get the same old worn effect as with distress ink. I like that!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I use BG10 a lot for backgrounds or around feet,,,,,it's a blue-ish green sort of color.

or C1, which is more gray.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CommaHolly

Thank you Holly. Will definately look at those colours.

I done a Sarah Kay image last night, gosh what a task! SOOOO detailed....I regretted in starting it LOL

I tend to love the Raw Silk one and the egg white. Fruity Pink are great for the blush. The Raw Silk is great to age something. Am using me mum's copics atm and she doesnt have that many colours yet.

Tenant

I found with the copies pens, instead of buying a bunch that are close to the same colour I use one colour and add the shaded areas with the same colour, you just have to keep going over it in layers (let each layer dry before going over it again).
You can also blend two colours(like red and yellow to get an orange) instead of buying extra pens. Practise on a piece of scrap paper and flick red in one direction, flip paper in the opposite direction and flick yellow to meet half way with the red. The centre will start to become orange with darker shade of red at one end and darker shade of yellow on other end. It's a cool technique for flowers.
Remember to check out youtube, awesome videos on all frounts!

Tenant
In response to Michelle Adams

I found with the copies pens, instead of buying a bunch that are close to the same colour I use one colour and add the shaded areas with the same colour, you just have to keep going over it in layers (let each layer dry before going over it again).
You can also blend two colours(like red and yellow to get an orange) instead of buying extra pens. Practise on a piece of scrap paper and flick red in one direction, flip paper in the opposite direction and flick yellow to meet half way with the red. The centre will start to become orange with darker shade of red at one end and darker shade of yellow on other end. It's a cool technique for flowers.
Remember to check out youtube, awesome videos on all frounts!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics