Username Post: Cricut Expression Storage        (Topic#1569223)
New Kid On the Block

Hi All. I'm just wondering what everyone stores their Cricut Expression in. I would like to get some kind of plastic storage box for mine. We have two cats and their fur gets everywhere so leaving out in the open is a bad idea. I am storing the cartridges, paper and other supplies in one of the long plastic storage bins. It keeps everything from being wrinkled and/or becoming furry!
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to opalescent_angel

I totally appreciate the fur issue. Do you still have the box it came in? I kept mine, and though I don't store my Cricut in it, it's of a wonderful size to transport supplies when I visit scrapping friends.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to aquabunny

Make (or buy) a fabric cover!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Seaexplore

I would think the fabric cover would be the perfect solution. Keeps it free and clear of dust and fur/hair, and you don't have to mess with loading and unloading every time you need to use it. There are some real pretty covers out there and I have even seen the dimensions on blogs helping people to make their own.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ChansGram

It seems to me that a fabric cover won't keep a cat from trying to get under it.

I keep my cricut expression in a rolling tote bag.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Solitaire

Yeah, forgot about how mischievous cats can be!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to ChansGram

You could get a banker's file box, the kind they sell at Staples. It comes with a cover. It may be too big, so maybe you can find something that's a better fit.

You can cover the whole thing with pretty contact paper. Then I would glue a strong ribbon across the length of the cover to hang down the sides of the box. Add velcro tabs to the ends of the ribbon to attach to the sides of the box.

That should keep it secure enough so the cat won't be able to open it. Just make sure you don't make the box edges too thick if you use contact paper, so it will still fit easily inside the cover.

You could even use the box upside down. That would make it easier to place and remove the cricut without having to lift it over a big box. Just put the cricut inside the box's cover. Then you can simply cover your cricut it by fitting the box on top of the cover, and securing it with the velcro edged ribbon.

Maybe you can be lucky enough to find a plastic container that's just the right size. You could use it upside-down if possible as I described above.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Solitaire

Thank you everybody. Some great ideas. I think I might start with the Bankers Box idea. I have some scrap fabric I can cover it with. Maybe eventually I will grab one of the specially made bags. Right now I've REALLY gone over my expendable budget because of all the cool stuff I have been buying to use with the Cricut

scrapbook.luvr
New Kid On the Block
scrapbook.luvr
In response to opalescent_angel

I don't know if you're set on the idea of plastic storage, or if you have already found something you like, but I love the covers that Kathy has made. If you would consider fabric, she has some beautiful choices. Have fun scrappin'!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KathysCozies

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics