Username Post: Cameo: How Often Are You Re-Using The Images?        (Topic#1569237)
KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN

I'm still debating on a Cameo. I went through the on-line store and then wondered if I downloaded all the images that I like, how often would I re-use them?

Which images are you using more than once or twice?

Resident
In response to KVRLVN

I use the images a fair bit... the benifit I find is that you dont have to buy a whole cart for an image you want and you can buy subscriptions with them for a year and u get I think its 50 100 and 150 dollars worth of downloads a month for 9.99 14.99 or 19.99. I sold my cricut and do not forget the move. Once u figure out your settings with the cameo it can cut super find detail which is something I could never get my cricut to do. You can also still purchase SCAL or MTC for the Cameo and cut SVG files.

Expert
In response to must_love_paper

To be perfectly honest...rarely do I use a design a second time BUT BUT BUT I have over 9000 designs! I had a steal of a deal for an unlimited subscription the first year I had my SD and that's how I got the first 7-8K, but the last couple of years I've had a fairly generous subscription so I've added to my "collection" (however, a good number are print & cut designs that I've never used because my laptop is not hooked up to a printer). If I didn't have that many, I would probably use some of the same designs over and over--just like I did with several of the Quickutz dies I had before getting the SD and now the Cameo. It is a great machine and I love mine!

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to HuskerMom98

That brings up another question, how good are the print and cut yourself designs? I don't think I would ever use one. I will have a printer hooked up to my computer, but it's not picture or photo quality.

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn

I have the original Silhouette and I too got a great deal (1/2 off a one year subscripton). Needless to say, I downloaded almost every design. I have not bought a subscription since then because I have over 12,000 designs in my library!! I do go on there every week though, and get their free design of the week. Plus, I add the new designs I like to my wishlist.

Back to your question, I think if you bought a cameo, you would not regret it. And if you get a 1 year unlimited subscription, you could have a library like mine, and you would never have to use the same design twice!!!

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to Love 2 Learn

That is information that I did not know and makes a big difference.

I will probably end up getting the Cameo. I first have to buy a new computer for the office, so I can have the old one. Hoping for April.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to KVRLVN

Do they still offer unlimited subscriptions anymore? I haven't seen them. They do sometimes offer discounts on the subscription plans. (I think that is normally at the end of the year though.) I've only had my SD for about a year so I'm not positive of whether they offer it more than once a year. But I do know that if you get a subscription you still save a lot over just buying them piece by piece. That being said, I don't have one yet. Thankfully, they do offer a free design each week and sometimes have 1/2 off sales (which make a subscription go even further BTW instead of punishing you for purchasing one).

If you choose them right, you can select desings that are very versatile. For instance I've found some that have six flowers as opposed to just one (for the same price). I may want one flower for one project and another for a different one. Of course, besides deleting, there are multiple options for altering them to change up their looks. You can add dots, or stars or you name it and you can combine elements of two or more designs. The possibilities become endless.

I have tried the print and cut a couple of times (only because the company gives out those free designs). They are OK, but lining them up perfectly took a little practice for me. I think some would be better suited for photo printers than others. I think most are fine in the usual printers. Plus, there is the ability to add printed patterned paper (a purchase option) and create your own print and cuts as well.

I would love to have a Cameo - if I could justify spending the money for it and find the space for it too. But as happy as I am with my little SD, I think anyone purchasing a Cameo would be quite pleased.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by KatieJo on 01-15-12 04:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to KatieJo

I also don't think they offer the unlimited anymore (and when they were it was $40/mo...pretty steep for me!) I have the one where you pay $20/mo and get $150/mo credit--that gets you about 150 designs a month (less if you get copyrighted ones like Harry Potter) unless they have a sale and then it's even better. I only pay $16 because I signed up during a sale; a couple of times a year they offer subscription sales that are usually 20% off. I told myself I wasn't going to do that again this year, but they keep coming out with such cute and useful designs!!! Plus they offer Echo Park designs and I love a lot of their lines...if only they offered Simple Stories' designs...that would have made my last project much easier!

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN

To throw a wrench in this question, does anyone have the Spellbinders?

I really like their die cuts with the embossing, but the seperate dies are very expensive and they are mostly just frames and labels. I wouldn't think that someone would need a Spellbinder and a Cameo unless they just wanted to spend the money for both.

Edited by KVRLVN on 01-15-12 04:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to KVRLVN

• KVRLVN Said:
To throw a wrench in this question, does anyone have the Spellbinders?

I really like their die cuts with the embossing, but the seperate dies are very expensive and they are mostly just frames and labels. I wouldn't think that someone would need a Spellbinder and a Cameo unless they just wanted to spend the money for both.

I have both, since I don't have to buy carts I can get dies. They cut and emboss and they have a ton of shapes. The new motifs are my favorites, plus they cut felt and heavy AC glitter paper
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CorrieW on 01-15-12 05:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics