Username Post: Stickles dried a weird colour- ideas please        (Topic#1569287)
amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

I know, I know....rookie mistake.

I grabbed the wrong colour of stickles- I used Crystal instead of Icicle. It dried a bluey green and it doesn't look good.

Has anyone been able to alter the colour of stickles after the fact? Maybe inking them? Scraping them off? Trashing the whole project and starting again?

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to amandahugandkiss

Ive been able to scrape or sand off most of the dried Stickles when I goofed, and it just left a faint sparkle to the area. If you're going to re-Stickle with the right color, it may not be noticeable at all.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Ive been able to scrape or sand off most of the dried Stickles when I goofed, and it just left a faint sparkle to the area. If you're going to re-Stickle with the right color, it may not be noticeable at all.

this

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to moxiegirl23

thanks lovely ladies!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I'd certainly try scraping it off before I tossedd it. If that doesn't work, maybe you could cut out a fancy tag or label (think Nesties) and cover it up some way.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-12 02:13 PM
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

This is a great idea, I never would've thought of that...what about using a nail file or something to sand off?

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Huskymom

OKay, so I sanded it down with a nail file, and then restickled it the right colour....still didn't like it. So I sanded it down again and went over it with a copic to change the colour again.

We will see how I like it when its done.

I keep thinking- I should have just quit when I was ahead! Now I keep trying to fix it and it ends up messing it up more.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-17-12 08:15 AM

That stinks, Amanda...Any chance of covering it?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Huskymom

No advice. I have only used stickles a few times (not my favorite).

I wanted to say, don't feel bad. I bought ultra thick embossing powder, and didn't realize that it's blue. I thought it was clear.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics