Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: 1 sheet or 2? How do you buy?        (Topic#1569305)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Usually when I buy loose paper I always buy 2 sheets of the same patterned paper and if there are more in that line the a couple other matching pieces but only one of each and a couple sheets of different matching cardstock and some matching embellies if they have them. Was wondering how you buy?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Cindyckj

I usually buy packs.

If I do buy loose, I get at least 2.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-12 12:33 PM
In response to kelseymel

I get 2 of each, also, because I'm not always sure how I am going to use it when I buy it...I am addicted to single sheet paper and rarely ever buy stacks or packs, unless it's colored card stock.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to Huskymom

I usually buy at least 2, if it has a different design on the back and I love it too well then maybe I will buy 3.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to aschlegel06

It seems most people buy 2, especially if it's double sided. But I am cheap and also very very short on storage space, so I always buy 1, even if I love both sides. Then I try to make it stretch by cutting up the paper and using both sides. It's worked out for the most part, but every once in a while I'll kick myself because I really needed that extra sheet.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to aschlegel06

• aschlegel06 Said:
I usually buy at least 2, if it has a different design on the back and I love it too well then maybe I will buy 3.

Me too.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to Mama2Thomas

I always by 2 and 2 of the matching. I do 95% of my scrapping as 2 page layouts and since I started using sketches it works out great to have extra I can do more than one layout with the same line.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to AmyK75

depends on how much I like the paper, but I normally buy at least 2, or get the pp packs that have several of each.

CSMmom
CSMmom 
Expert
CSMmom
In response to AmyK75

If its girly paper, I'll buy 2. If its a boy paper, I'll buy 3 or 4. I have 1 girl and 2 boys and always want enough just in case I make a mistake or decide to do similar layouts for my boys.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-16-12 01:38 PM
In response to CSMmom

double sided papers kill me, because I usually like both sides, so then I may buy 4...because you never know...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Huskymom

even if i am only doing a 1 page layout I always buy 2 in case of mistakes

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Just G

I buy 2 of single if I only love one side - 4 if I love both sides.

I use a lot of dots and stripes so when I find something I really like with colors that are hard to find - I may buy 6 or 8.

I've never bought just one of anything, but if that is all they had and I loved it I would, but I'd never buy just one on purpose.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-16-12 02:46 PM
In response to Henri Jean

for pp i buy just one unless i happen to be getting a pack. i only buy a pack if i love every single paper or if there's one i absolutely love but the single is sold out (this is not the smartest thing to do and i've only done it like twice). the only exception is dotted paper. i'm addicted to polka dot paper so when i find a great basic one i will get about 4 sheets. of course i rarely do double page spreads but if i do, i just make myself stretch the pp by using a cardstock background and then cutting up my pp.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to MoniL

I usually buy two. One if it's just kinda plain- but if I like it- and both sides are really cool- I'll buy 4.

k

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Cindyckj

If it is just one sided paper I buy 2 sheets. If it is back to back (my favorite!)I buy 4 sheets so I can use the back too on a layout. Then I usually buy 1-2 cardstock colors that coordinate, some stickers/embellies from the line, and a sheet or two of other coordinating paper if it goes with the line. That is what I buy if I am doing the layout for both of my boys scrapbooks. If it is only going in one of their albums, then it is 1/2 that amount.

Expert
In response to Vintageivy

I buy at least 3...I know sounds crazy, but if I start cutting up one for something...and it doesnt work out...I still have 2 to play with.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to deedee49

One. And when I buy packs, I give away at least one of the repeat sheets. Most of the time, having two or more is too much for me. There is a rare occasion that I will go back and buy an additional sheet if I used the collection and really want more. That happened with an Authentique collection recently.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Cindyckj

I usually, buy at least two or three, especially if it's double sided. Now that I make cards, I can always use any left over coordinating paper.

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to runzalot81

2 for sure, but often I will buy 3. I went to JoAnn's and they had 6 for $.99 and HL had 50% off single sheets. I loooove paper!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to bbarthej

Patterned paper I always buy 2 and I try to match it with solids and buy 2 of each solid for matting.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics