Username Post: Smash book storage idea.....        (Topic#1569393)
Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles

If anyone is interested I came up with a storage idea to make the whole experience even easier. I have it posted up on my blog

Smash book storage

TFL!

Resident
In response to Jennsdoodles

Please explain to me what a smash book is. I have tried to read a little about them, but I just don't understand it exactly.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to jeniferdwn

Great idea.

stephie
Idol
stephie

• jeniferdwn Said:
Please explain to me what a smash book is. I have tried to read a little about them, but I just don't understand it exactly.

A Smash Book is just a book that has no specific logic/theme/order. It's kind of like a journal with added "stuff" such as register tapes, perhaps a sketch of something you want to remember, a fun card you received, scraps of stuff you don't want to throw away. It's something that you create freely and do whatever you want with.

Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles
In response to stephie

• stephie Said:
  • jeniferdwn Said:

A Smash Book is just a book that has no specific logic/theme/order. It's kind of like a journal with added "stuff" such as register tapes, perhaps a sketch of something you want to remember, a fun card you received, scraps of stuff you don't want to throw away. It's something that you create freely and do whatever you want with.

Exactly....it's so freeing. No pressure. You have to try it! You can just use any old notebook too. The smash books just have pretty & fun papers, which is why I chose it.

Resident

so you don't have any order to it, you just put stuff in it as you find stuff that you want to save. Or for example..... you could make a smash book of stuff your kids give you and each time they give you a not or a drawing you just stick it in the book in no particular order.

Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles

• jeniferdwn Said:
so you don't have any order to it, you just put stuff in it as you find stuff that you want to save. Or for example..... you could make a smash book of stuff your kids give you and each time they give you a not or a drawing you just stick it in the book in no particular order.

Yep I have no particular order. I do what & where I please. I have lists of my likes & dislikes. Some of my childhood memories. The funny things my kids say & do. Movie stubs, favorite quotes, little notes my kids write & so on.

They have youtube videos to look at. Just search smash book.

Resident

does Hobby Lobby sell these items?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I was just looking around my house last night for something to keep all of my SmashStuff together- I found a not too small, but not average size khaki colored backpack that I think I got as a free gift for buying a pair of jeans. I has little pockets and penholders- I didn't think too much of it, tho- until reading your post! Now, I think that what I found was what I was looking for!

And I agree with your Smashbook love- I love mine! I got the black one! Black is one of my favorite colors- but not in the way I liked it as a moody teenager who thought he was too cool. And the papers inside are great- I keep checking out a few of the others, wanting more when I've not even filled my first. They are fun. And, like you said, freeing. You just DO it.

thanks for your blog post!

-k

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to designguyKORY

love this idea. i am sure i have something similar that around here somewhere that probably came from a free promotion!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-19-12 10:17 AM

Great idea! I'm doing a smash book for our next vacation and have been gathering supplies. I'll definetely look for something like this to keep it together. thanks!

• jeniferdwn Said:
does Hobby Lobby sell these items?

No. But I saw on M's website that they just started carrying the Smash stuff so hopefully they'll get it in stores soon.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to MoniL

All of the Ms near me have a big Smashbook display- with every accessory that I know of-

And they seem to be selling very well.

I recommend that you get the SmashStamp! It's so fun!

Resident
In response to designguyKORY

I went to Hobby Lobby and Joann yesterday after work and neither had ANYTHING!!!! I was so disappointed! My dh was going to another town today for work and that town had 2 M and 2 AC M and I couldn't go!!!! I was so mad! I want some SMASH stuff!!! It's an hour drive either way for me to get to a M or an AC M!! UGH!!!!!! I guess I'll have to make my own. I've got some really cool paper and 2 different size binders, an 8.5x11 that zips and an 8.5x5.5 Don't know which one would work better. I could cut the papers if I had to.

marymagdalen
New Kid On the Block
marymagdalen

I just bought an ordinary-but-nice spiral bound hardcover notebook - works a treat!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to marymagdalen

Saw that my J's has the smash stuff on sale.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-19-12 04:25 PM
In response to prittb

sb.com sells them, I believe and Amazon is now a carrier

Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles
In response to Huskymom

Kory you make me laugh LoL. I like the black one too! Think I'll be getting that next.

I got my DD's on Amzon for Christmas when I ordered their other Christmas gifts& I know M's carries them too.
I do know SB.com sells them of course too.

My DD's finally really got into theirs & they are in love. It's cute. My youngest who is 11 said "Ma, I feel so good when I'm done making one of my pages. Now I know how you feel when you scrapbook" :-) She has been showing evryone of us everytime she finishes something. She even explains the steps she took & how she had to look for the perfect sticker LOL. Her older brother has been quite supportive of her & hears her all the way out even though he's in the middle of a xbox game lol. It's all so very cute. My oldest DD is keeping hers PRIVATE lol she is 16. The whole house is part of the SMASH phenom whether they like it or not. Hehehe

Edited by Jennsdoodles on 01-20-12 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-20-12 11:09 PM

Had to place an order today for a few of the items that I finally saw come back in stock and now I wish I had checked M's first. I didn't get the stamp so I'll be grabbing that if I can find it. My biggest issue with the books is that I haven't been able to locate good pics of what the inside of each look like. I did find the blog post from them when they were released but I thought the videos were vague. It will be great to see the pages so I can decide which others to get. I've got one ready for our vacation but would like to get one for dd and one for our 'family snapshot' using mostly the journaling cards from the entertainment set - love the prompts on those.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to MoniL

I like your storage idea. I'm looking through all my totes and cases to find the perfect one. I am addicted to tote bags and love it so much when I find a new use for one! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics