Username Post: What are some of your favorite techinques and tools?        (Topic#1569485)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

I'm hoping to really like that water distressing one of these days real soon when I finally get a chance to try it!

But I love my Tim Holtz little paper distresser. Of the loads of stuff that i've bought for scrapbooking that distresser is probably my favorite thing to use. lol Think my cricut expression comes in 2nd!

I love to ink the edges of things alot as well. And I love to stickle things alot as well and making handmade paper flowers too!

I'm really needing some inspirations guys so i'm hoping to get lots of ideas on new things to try!

Thanks

Edited by Cindyckj on 01-20-12 05:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cindyckj

Number #1 is my Cricut Expression Number #2 is my Slice machine. I just bought a Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool and I think it will be a favorite tool. It does all different types of distressing.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 01-20-12 05:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to debby_westbrook

I will deffinately check out that prima distressing tool. It does look neat!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cindyckj

If you click on the link, there's a video on it...

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Honestly my favorite tool is my Big Shot and all my dies that go with it especially the Tattered Florals. There are so many different flowers you can make with the die.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-20-12 07:39 PM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Glimmer Mist and Lindy's Starburst Sprays. I love to spritz stuff

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to stick

love that tattered florals die ..

love tons of techniques ... tearing, inking, distressing, bling, layering, embossing, stitching, handmade flowers, lacing, zentangles, ribbon .... you name it, I love it ...

but the absolute, go-to, use on almost every LO is ... borders

I am ADDICTED to Martha Stewart's around the page punches and use them all the time

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 01-20-12 09:05 PM
In response to madmatter

i tend to ink everything! love to ink and stickle and smooch....oh love to sew on my pages also

fave tools...cricut, vagabond, brad setter....

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 01-20-12 09:07 PM

really like that distressing tool...it is now in my wishlist

• debby_westbrook Said:
Number #1 is my Cricut Expression Number #2 is my Slice machine. I just bought a Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool and I think it will be a favorite tool. It does all different types of distressing.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-20-12 10:22 PM
In response to timon

My favorite technique right now is making masks using my slice and then misting. Second favorite is using brads so that makes my paper piercer one of my favorite tools. Although its misplaced at the moment since we painted my room a couple of weeks ago. I used to be more into techniques but now I just want to make progress so my style is simple in comparison to other's.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to MoniL

I love techniques.....a lot of them!! ....stitching, painting, stickling, embossing.....hard to pick just one!
My current fave is Crafters Workshop stencils. I like to paint with them and also Gesso with them.
Alison

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• debby_westbrook Said:

*gasps* NOW I know why I opened this thread in a tab! Debby, I will be stalking your gallery and REALLY looking forward to learning what you think of the distressing tool. I WANT it like hormones want chocolate; but I can't yet justify spending the cash when I don't know the quality and how long it lasts.

Lunie
Lunie 34
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 01-21-12 05:56 AM
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:

Someday, I would like to get this. I have 4 tools taking up space in my caddy that could be replaced with this one tool. For the sanding, I have one of those foot scrapers that I had in my drawer of unused manicure items (after making my foot a bloody mess, it is much better to use it on paper).

Barbara

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to MommaSaid

I'm really a gadget person and it shows in my scraproom. My latest favorite is my Grand Calibur. I love the detailed, embossed edges of my die cuts, they look so crisp on the page or card. I have a new tool, the Teresa Collins Stampmaker, but I have yet to get a good stamp out of it and am wasting to many gel packets trying. My dh is kink of upset with me because my convincing presentation to him as to how much money I'll save making my own stamps and that he could use it too -- useless results!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:

*gasps* NOW I know why I opened this thread in a tab! Debby, I will be stalking your gallery and REALLY looking forward to learning what you think of the distressing tool. I WANT it like hormones want chocolate; but I can't yet justify spending the cash when I don't know the quality and how long it lasts.

I will let you know when I get it! The tracking # says this coming Tuesday!!!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:

Someday, I would like to get this. I have 4 tools taking up space in my caddy that could be replaced with this one tool. For the sanding, I have one of those foot scrapers that I had in my drawer of unused manicure items (after making my foot a bloody mess, it is much better to use it on paper).

Barbara

This made me laugh and not feel so bad! I can't find my paper puncher either so I'm using this pimple popper to punch holes for brads, and the other end is sort of rounded, for popping blackheads I think, not sure, and I'm using that end for dry embossing on a mousepad!

Not tmi I hope lol!

Techniques ... anything I've never tried before, I love it. Right now I'm working on making my own flowers - paper, fabrics, tulle.

Favorite tool today? My heat gun.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RockStar

I love Fiskars punches... especially the squeeze ones. They actually have the arthritis assn. seal of approval. They are sharp and for those of us with arthritis or other issues, they make punching fun and painless.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Honestly my favorite tool is my Big Shot and all my dies that go with it especially the Tattered Florals. There are so many different flowers you can make with the die.

Love my Big Shot too!

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to aquabunny

My favorite tools??

1. Cricut - LOVE making diecuts (my blog and gallery are dedicated to diecuts and flowers)
2. Cricut and punches - LOVE making handmade flowers just as much as making diecuts.
3. Heat gun - to glue all the flowers together
4. Xyron (any size) - to glue all those diecuts together
5. Stitching of any kind. Machine, hand, or faux. I even use stitching on my diecuts!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Vivian Lake

I absolutely love the new sew ribbon. I vowed that I wouldn't buy it. I even told my husband I wouldnt buy it, but as soon as I saw it, as soon as I tried it I broke down and I bought the leaf one. I absolutely love it. Can't wait to get the other styles.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics