Username Post: Another Spellbinders Question        (Topic#1569509)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

What is the thickest paper/cardstock a Spellbinders die can cut? I'd like to cut some thin greyboard for a calendar I'm wanting to make.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to TheCharmedOne

hum, I tried chipboard once, and it didn't cut,,,,,

I know I have no problems cutting 2-3 thicknesses of card stock,,,,,,,but I hit 4 and no go.

Expert
In response to CommaHolly

really? you can cut more than one piece of cardstock at a time? I didnt know that..gonna have to try.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to deedee49

I cut the thin chipboard all the time as well as thick glitter papers, foam, felt, canvas, etc. It works better with the dies that do not have a lot of swirls and cutouts.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Here Kitty

I've tried cutting thru double cards, it takes fine with that but I do have to cut like 6 times.

I havent tried the foam and felt yet. Have tried the glitter papers.

The die that I'm wanting to cut chipboard with is this one... the grand version that is...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

What machine are you using?
I cut double cards with one pass easily and I use the GC or the Cuttlebug. With the CB, I do need shims though.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Here Kitty

I use the cuttlebug mostly...

Me mum recieved her Spellbinders machine the other day and it broke down yesterday One of the plastic wheels is broken. The Spellbinders machine cuts the double cards easily tho.

For the Cuttlebug I have to cut it like 6 times before it cuts the double cards thru n thru...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh wow, I cut double cards easy peasy on one pass through.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
really? you can cut more than one piece of cardstock at a time? I didnt know that..gonna have to try.

I do this a ton when I need several cut outs but don't want to emboss them,,,,,

like when I make flowers with the Rose Creations dies,,,,,,I never emboss the edges on these dies, and I need like 9 die cuts to make a rose,,,,,,,3 of 3 different sizes,,,,,,,

so I just cut 3 pieces of cs at one time for each die size.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics