Page 19 of 22 
Username Post: Mini Album Swap - Closed/Creating        (Topic#1569515)
Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
i just found DesignByMeras posting on 4-2-12 offering to be an angel in a mothersday swap ... i mentioned to her that she dose have prior commitments she should fill 1st ... we'll see what happens next i hate when ppl do this to kind people ...yucky

really? omg, what a b u t t...

Phonechic29
Veteran
Phonechic29
In response to Kit Scrapo

All, I am so very sorry that this swap has not turned out so well for some of you. We all have different levels of skill and craftsmanship. No matter what level you are at, when you commit to something like this, you should follow through and keep your partner updated. I know that life can get in the way.

I can tell you, that I will not ever host something like this again. I wanted to share my love of creating with all you wonderful ladies, but the results of those efforts has left me saddened.

There are some of you who are waiting who's partners will absolutely send a beautiful album to you. I know that you've been in communication with them and all is well.

For the others, you have my deepest apologies. I know we put our hearts and souls into our work, and for someone to receive that gift from you and not respond or not return in kind is disheartening.

If you sent and received and are happy, than that part has made this worth our time.

I do hope to see some of you in future swaps.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Phonechic29

Oh Phonechic our friend this way the swap turned out has NOTHING to do with you. Its no where at all near your falut!! Please dont blame yourself, you had no idea it was going to turn out this way. You had the greatest of intention's when opening this swap and I think each of us committed Ladys can agree on that and Im sure we thank you STILL!

You should still host!! I would STILL join your swaps, it is just the luck of the draw for the partner's some of us have had. You holding this swap has made at least 1 person happy that's more then an accomplisment
I still say THANK YOU & I APPERCIATE you opening/holding this swap for us, You are a caring person!! I do hope you value my words and not take anything negitive that has happened in this swap to your heart .... again its in no way shape or form your fault. *HUGS*

Nautolan
Yes, i agree and thats saying something NICE about her LOL! I will go and check the other site I might have gotten banned or a naughty note because I said it right on the open forum, for everyone to see not in a personal pm or anything

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Phonechic29

• Phonechic29 Said:
All, I am so very sorry that this swap has not turned out so well for some of you. We all have different levels of skill and craftsmanship. No matter what level you are at, when you commit to something like this, you should follow through and keep your partner updated. I know that life can get in the way.

I can tell you, that I will not ever host something like this again. I wanted to share my love of creating with all you wonderful ladies, but the results of those efforts has left me saddened.

There are some of you who are waiting who's partners will absolutely send a beautiful album to you. I know that you've been in communication with them and all is well.

For the others, you have my deepest apologies. I know we put our hearts and souls into our work, and for someone to receive that gift from you and not respond or not return in kind is disheartening.

If you sent and received and are happy, than that part has made this worth our time.

I do hope to see some of you in future swaps.

Please, please, please, do not give up! This was a great swap. I really enjoyed it and you did a great job. If some of us do not receive an album back, just consider it a act of kindness.

It's also a holiday and many may be preparing for it. Spring cleaning and all. I'm not giving up. All will be well.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-07-12 11:41 AM
In response to scrappnmom2il

So sorry that I have been MIA! I was in the hospital for three days. Ausra my husband said that the album was returned to us because there wasn't enough postage...funny since I sent it from the PO and they weighed and put the postage on themselves. So it was sent back to you late Friday afternoon okay?? I am so sorry. Just know that you have the wonderful pictures of it in my gallery until it arrives in your hands.

Sorry that this swap has been such a bust for so many. I always pride myself on my creations and even though I am battling cancer, try very hard to make a creation that another would love. I always try my hardest to follow through with all swaps and if I can't I bow out gracefully before the swap is due. I wish I could create an album for everyone that won't be getting one.

Have a blessed and joyous Easter everyone!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
So sorry that I have been MIA! I was in the hospital for three days. Ausra my husband said that the album was returned to us because there wasn't enough postage...funny since I sent it from the PO and they weighed and put the postage on themselves. So it was sent back to you late Friday afternoon okay?? I am so sorry. Just know that you have the wonderful pictures of it in my gallery until it arrives in your hands.

Sorry that this swap has been such a bust for so many. I always pride myself on my creations and even though I am battling cancer, try very hard to make a creation that another would love. I always try my hardest to follow through with all swaps and if I can't I bow out gracefully before the swap is due. I wish I could create an album for everyone that won't be getting one.

Have a blessed and joyous Easter everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital. That's pretty funny that the post office weighed it and it came back. I know you are fighting a tough battle. Sending you warm wishes and big hugs.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Hey Pinkster, I've got your mini finished and it will be in the mail on Wednesday. I think it came out nicely. Especially because I've not felt well. I can post pics if you want, or wait until after you receive it if you want a surprise.

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to Mother Goose

i got something sent back to me once that the po weighed themselves... i think they might have been in a hurry or something

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Please don't be discouraged! I agree with those who said they would STILL join on of your swaps.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan

Jennifer,

I agree with Sassie and truly hope that you will host another swap like this!!! I would sign up again and would probably volunteer to be an angel and even make an extra album as I went along to give to someone that doesn't get one.....

I think I now understand why many of these swaps have a weekly check in requirement. Communication is sooo important. Perhaps another requirement should be not to send until your partner says they are ready to send and then to do so at about the same time. Of course, you may always have a flaker but I really believe that the majority of people do not intend to be late or to never work on an album or to send it. Life is just always getting in the way of scrapbooking but if we know what's going on in our partner's lives, we can tolerate ANYTHING -and with more communication, the hostess can decide to change partners when necessary, etc.

If I were the hostess, I'd post a list of flakers that I'd never remove from all of my swaps until they sent their partner their album or gave another an album without getting one in return....

Please consider doing this again!!! I'd sign up!!

penny

P.S.

Glad to hear you're out of the hospital Bon!!!

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Bluucaca, just wondering if my book has been finished or mail? Ive not heard anything from you since before I mailed your book to you.

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to Sassie

Hi Sassie i got ur Mini this weekend urs will be out Monday have been really busy and have not had time to be on.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to bluucaca

Where are pics Sassie?

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to pennysan

Hi Everyone!!!

Just wanted to let you all know I got my album from Darlene today and absolutely LOVE it!!!! Thank you so very much Darlene!!! I'm gonna post some pics of it as soon as I can. (My camera may need to be recharged right now.)

Thank you so very much Darlene and Jennifer for hosting this swap!!!

penny

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pennysan

I didnt take any other pics of her album other then whats in my gallery. She wasnt showing me my books so I just said forget it.

She just logged out of our PM going on. So Im just writing this swap up as a loss.

It wasnt made with alot of my heart, but it was made with costly items. *shrugs* i dont even care any more singing out be well all.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Sassie

Kaye, Thanks for letting me know. I know you have had eye problems and I am in no hurry. Whenever will be fine.
Jennifer, you are at no fault here. You have been a great host. Always trying to keep communication open with everyone. I have been reading previous posts and must admit I am a bit irritated so here goes.
The only problem I see here is one very impatient person whinning about how much she spent and probably won't be appreciative of anything that she receives. She clearly states that she only wants what SHE wants and doesn't really care about her work. All our work is expensive. All our work is time consuming. All our work is or should be made with our hearts. We all have different ideas and creative ablilities that one can learn from. That's why we share our ideas. They should be appreciated because I am sure it is a lot of work that goes into all our work, not just hers. We all have LIFE that can interfere with scrapbooking. Maybe if this persons ATTITUDE wouldn't be so harsh, and she wasn't so self centered, rude and arrogant, not only on this site, but other sites as well, she would be looked at with a little more respect. She automatically becomes jury, judge and conviction officer and leaves others feelings hanging on her words only. Those people that she bad mouths are my dear friends on here and other sites as well. They have been sick, family crisis and other life things as well. If there is a flaker, than so be it. Next time, we'll all know. If these swaps are too expensive, time consuming, hard work and not worth her time, then do us all the favor and don't join. You know who you are.

Edited by pinkalicious on 04-10-12 08:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to pinkalicious

Edited by pinkalicious on 04-10-12 08:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to pinkalicious

I was sure I posted it but I received my mini from my partner last week. Thanks Roseland. I appreciate your work!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Mishay36

Completely understand the frustration of all who have expressed their concerns on this swap. This was a great swap. I really enjoyed creating something for someone else. I have to agree with Pinkalicious, as well as I have to disagree on one point. If someone is sick, life gets in the way or whatever, I think, if at all possible, let the forum know. I think that would have eleviated a lot of frustrations that were happening. I didn't know my partner was ill, until she told me. I now know and I completely understand. That's all. Communication is key in these swaps. This way everyone is happy. This is just my opinion. As my mother always said, if you are patient, everything will be ok.

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

Ausra, you are always so positive

Page 19 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics