Username Post: What circle cutters to you use?        (Topic#1569533)
scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I have misplaced my circle cutter set somewhere and now I need to buy a new set. Does anybody have a favorite?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scrappnmom2il

My fav is the Fiskars Ultra ShapeXpress. As a bonus, you can buy other fun templates. Some people do not like this cutter, but I love it. The trick is to always place the template with the Fiskars name facing up, and to hold the cutting tool like you would hold a computer mouse.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Luvmyfam

I have a Cutter Bee Curvy Cutter and 3 templates, but I can never get it to come out right, so lately I've mostly just been using my Cricut.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to aquabunny

I use my Pazzles Inspiration and my new Martha Stewart circle cutter

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Amarilys

Martha stewart circle cutter

but for bigger circles like 8" i just trace a dinner plate with an exacto knife
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 01-22-12 07:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Just G

I use my SU circle cutter (actually I think cutterbee makes it) or my cricut.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to binkiemonstermom

My Cricuot.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Mother Goose

Creative Memories cutting system and my cricut.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to wilbur

Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-22-12 02:18 PM

No one's mentioned the Nesties yet, I use these and I have a couple of punches as well. If I needed a larger circle (which I don't think I ever have yet) I'd use my Gazelle die-cutter.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to stick

I've used a ton of different ones that didn't really work well for me, and the Cutter Bee which works great. I gave them all up when I found the Circle Scissor Pro. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with a glass mat but I've been able to use a regular mat when I need a quick cut. It cuts in 1/16" increments; replacement blades fit into the handle, which you can clip on to the side of the cutter so everything is always together.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to traceyjean

I just saw this somewhere. Thanks TraceyJean H!

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-23-12 03:34 PM

• traceyjean Said:
I've used a ton of different ones that didn't really work well for me, and the Cutter Bee which works great. I gave them all up when I found the Circle Scissor Pro. It's supposed to be used in conjunction with a glass mat but I've been able to use a regular mat when I need a quick cut. It cuts in 1/16" increments; replacement blades fit into the handle, which you can clip on to the side of the cutter so everything is always together.

I will have to look into this. ty for the info!

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to meela

I have the Sizzix Framelits to use in my BigShot, ovals and circles. I like these better than the Spellbinders because the inner edge is exactly where you cut, so you can place them perfectly. I also use the Creative Memories circles and ovals, but they are not as precise. I loved the ProvoCraft Coluzzles....wish they had not quit making those.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to bigredssw

Hmmmmm..... Will have to check them all out. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants

I have the CM circle cutting system - but my favorite is the WeRMemory Keepers Circle Cutter! Love it and it's so easy. Especially since it will cut up to 12 inches!!!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to SmartyPants

I use the We R Memory Crafter's Magnetic Circle Cutter. Love it!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to prittb

I must be the only one who uses a Coluzzle?

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use Coluzzle too!!! love it - but sad that it is now discontinued!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SmartyPants

I absolutely love the CM circle cutters when I need one that I dont have the right die/punch for.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Kim222

I found my CM circles! Yippee! They were in the bottome of my dd old scrapbooking cart. (She doesn't scrap anymore and gave me her cart to store paper) They only make circles to a certain size. There is a lo that I would like to do, where I will need a larger circle. I am thinking of using a dinner plate to cut that circle.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I also love my CM circle cutters, especially the jumbo 12" one ... it is AWESOME ... I think it's one of the best products CM makes .... very easy to use and great for larger circles (which I adore)

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Kim222

I think I have them all! I tried and tried to find one I really liked. My favorite would be the largest Martha Stewart one, primarily because it will cut a full sheet-size circle, where some of the others don't cut circles that big.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to dwelch

So glad someone mentioned the Fiskars cutter set! I love it, and love that there are so many options for just $4.99 a set!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Kim222

I just used the Martha Stewart large circle cutter, referenced above. Nice clean 12" circle. I have the fiskars ultrashape express but am not in love, the edges are not always clean. Am now trying the creative memories system.

Edited by Juansmom on 03-21-12 08:52 PM. Reason for edit: i added the product pic

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Juansmom

I have looked at the MS circle cutters and I was confused by how it is used. It's seems like it has little holes in it. I need to investigate more on this product, because I have heard many people like using them.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

I edited my prior list to include the pic of the MS large circle cutter, I have not used the smaller, regular sized one yet. Oh btw, I've seen it on sale in Js n Ms.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

I edited my prior list to include the pic of the MS large circle cutter, I have not used the smaller, regular sized one yet. Oh btw, I've seen it on sale in Js n Ms.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
Creative Memories cutting system.

ditto

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
  • wilbur Said:
Creative Memories cutting system.

ditto

What they said!!

LOVE the CM cutting system. I have three circle cutters and the CM one is the easiest one I've ever tried.

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

• traceyjean Said:

i like this one too

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Kim222

I use the creative memories circle cutting system, nesties with the grand calibur, cricut and the Friskers system. I use them all, but my go to one has to be the Creative Memories set.

dew3162
Tenant
dew3162
In response to Kim222

I use the one by Creative Memories, have tried some others and just didn't like them as much and most are very hard to use. the one by CM is very easy and gives you a lot of options for different sizes.

~Denise

RatherCrafty
New Kid On the Block
RatherCrafty

I'm a fan of the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter.

Twist is, you need some removable adhesive and a glass mat to really make it reliable. Some people don't like this cutter.

I also use my Silhouette Cameo to cut circles

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to RatherCrafty

I'm another fan of the CM cutting system! I've got most of the sizes they offer, except for the jumbo circle, and that's currently on my wishlist.

Jen

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to JenKoss

Another vote for the CM cutting system here. I have had most of them for well over 10 years, and I still use them all of the time. They come with guides that are color coded with the color of the blade needed to achieve that size cut so you never have to guess which blade to use when cutting your shape.

QueenBritt
Resident
QueenBritt
In response to scarlet864

I have the cutterbee ones. Both the small one and the set of two large ones and I used to hate them, but the trick is to use a glass mat. You HAVE to use the glass mat or they just won't work. Now I love them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics