Username Post: BEST Cutting machine??        (Topic#1569561)
steph86
Resident
steph86

I wanted to put this in the general scrapbooking section because i figured this is the forum where i would get the most feedback:

I am trying to research the best cutting machine and I've got my eye on the Bosskut Gazelle. I want to use the computer with it and NOT have to buy cartridges and dies. I would also love to make most of my own designs!

Are there more than one machine that does this? and if so which one is the best? I'm not having much success because there's so many cutters. Can you scrappers please give me feedback on which one is the best for what i want to do with it?

Also I have read that the Gazelle is discontinued?? If so why?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-22-12 10:37 AM
In response to steph86

I said yesterday on a very similar post that if you ask six different scrappers you'll get ten different answers, lol.

I love my Gazelle! The Bosskut website says nothing about it being discontinued and looks like they've got recent upgrade info, so I think your information is incorrect. I bought it before the EClips came out so I can't offer any opinion as a comparison, except if you're super into Tim Holtz he's got EClips cartridges coming out to pair up with a lot of his stamps, it looks pretty cool. There's also the Silhouette Cameo, Klik n Kut, and Black Cat Cougar.

A couple other conversations that may be helpful:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15680...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15688...

And if you haven't already, you might want to browse through the Die-Cutting Machine sections of the forums here.

Expert
In response to stick

I have the new Silhouette Cameo and love it! Computer based, 12", good free software comes with it (but also works with MTC & SCAL), thousands of designs available from the Sil online store (most for $0.99). Cuts cardstock, pattern paper, vinyl, some fabrics, rhinestone template material. It does not cut heavy duty things like chipboard, grungeboard, etc. so depending on what your needs are I would look into it.

But that is a good question to ask--what do you want to cut with your cutter? Vinyl, cardstock, chipboard, fabric, etc.???
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
I have the new Silhouette Cameo and love it! Computer based, 12", good free software comes with it (but also works with MTC & SCAL), thousands of designs available from the Sil online store (most for $0.99). Cuts cardstock, pattern paper, vinyl, some fabrics, rhinestone template material. It does not cut heavy duty things like chipboard, grungeboard, etc. so depending on what your needs are I would look into it.

But that is a good question to ask--what do you want to cut with your cutter? Vinyl, cardstock, chipboard, fabric, etc.???

I have had my eye on this one.......

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:

Good description!!! I have the Original Silhouette (wish I had a New Cameo)....but I LOVE my Silhouette!!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Love 2 Learn

Like someone said, everyone will stand behind their machines. I love my Gazelle! There is a learning curve, but it will become second nature once you learn it. It comes with software (Fun Time) and it is a powerful program. I do use MTC with my Gazelle though. It cuts most materials to include thick chipboard. It can also cut intricate pieces without an issue. The newer Gazelles is updated to give precise print and cut results. The mats lasts a LONG time! Finally, customer service is great!

steph86
Resident
steph86
In response to HisGEM

thanks for the links and the information!! i read the other forum posts with similar topics and i still can't decide. after doing some research and watching some videos i'm now torn between the gazelle and the sizzix ecuts. they both have their own perks.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to steph86

you might want to look at this one as well. meets your requirements...

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow
In response to traceyjean

My vote goes to the Silhouette Cameo, best cutting machine I've ever had and I've had the regular silhouette, wishblade, and cricut expression.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics