Username Post: What do you use to clean your stamps?        (Topic#1569593)
ashley_brown
New Kid On the Block
ashley_brown

I was using a wash cloth with water and it but it doesn't get the stamp all the way clean, so I was wondering what everyone else used...

Thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to ashley_brown

Just water and scrap paper. I don't like using cleaners - I've had bad experiences where they eventually made my clear stamps so they wouldn't stick to blocks. If there is ink in the crevices, I'll use running water right after I use the stamp. Most of the time, I just stamp off the excess ink onto textured scrap paper.

After a while, most stamps don't come completely clean. It doesn't make a difference in how they work though; they are just loved

ashley_brown
New Kid On the Block
ashley_brown
In response to Here Kitty

Thank you! I will try it with the paper when I am done.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 01-22-12 05:26 PM
In response to Here Kitty

I've used the technique Tuesday stamp cleaner sold in the store. You can do a search at the top for it (I would add a link but I'm on my phone and it's almost impossible for me to do). I agree that most clear stamps won't come completely clean, especially if you use chalk inks. Makes them all the more loved, in my opinion.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to MoniL

I use a Close To My Heart stamp scrubber. I usually just use water in a mister bottle to wet it but sometimes for the more stubborn inks I use stamp cleaner..I think the one I am using now is made by inkadinkadoo.

marymagdalen
New Kid On the Block
marymagdalen
In response to Diva Scraps

I tend to just blot them out on a slightly damp cloth. If I need to get stubborn bits of ink off, just plain water on a Q-tip, then stamp it off on the cloth. Seems to work OK!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to marymagdalen

I use baby wipes

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Mother Goose

I use baby wipes.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to prittb

This, and this.

Yeah, I'm a tool junkie. I use either the Ranger or TT cleaner, depending on what's in stock.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I use baby wipes and really don't mind the well loved look. At least it looks like I use them!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-23-12 09:43 AM
In response to kirasmommy

Another baby wipe user here

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Huskymom

I used to be so fussy about cleaning my stamps. I'd use a scrubber and a stamp cleaner. Then I discovered that some of the scrappers that I most highly admire on this site simply blot their stamps onto paper until there isn't any more ink coming off. I felt free!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to dwelch

I bought one of those fuzzy cleaner pad things that opens like an ink pad used at a garage sale and have never used it cause I thought I needed some sort of cleanser stuff for it. lol But I think i'll just try spraying water on them and rubbing them on the fuzzy part of the pad. but usually i'd take them into the kitchen and wash them off and take a paper towll to them to dry them. But on occasion i'd just blot them on a scrap of paper. lol

Glad to know that if there's a bit of remaining ink on them it doesn't hurt them.

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow
In response to Cindyckj

I use baby wipes unless I'm doing a LOT of stamping, then I use my stamp scrubber thing from stampin up and water with a little johnsons' baby shampoo in it.

Edited by thekatsmeow on 01-23-12 05:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ashley_brown
New Kid On the Block
ashley_brown
In response to thekatsmeow

Thank you everyone! This was very helpful.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 01-24-12 06:42 AM
In response to ashley_brown

Just tap water.

Jennsdoodles
Tenant
Jennsdoodles
In response to Judes

Another baby wipes user. Although sometimes with my clear stamps I rinse right away in water.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics