Username Post: What is Better?        (Topic#1569635)
New Kid On the Block

I'm debating which 12x12 3 ring binder to get. But need a little help. I feel that fabric binders will get dirty and dusty after awhile sitting on a shelf. I want to go with a leather material album.

These are the ones I have in mind, but don't know which one to choose:

Keeping Memories
We R memory Keeper
American Craft
Pioneer

Which is the best? Or recommend?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to isamanzoisamanz0

Min are all Hiller albums (leather-like 3-ring). I think Hiller is now We R Memory Keepers.

If you look at the items in the superstore here, there are typically links of discussions, videos, or reviews, which may be helpful.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-23-12 02:50 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Good idea to go leather or leather like. The fabric does collect a bit of dust, I have learned this the hard way. I have a variety of albums, but I like the American Crafts albums about the best. No specific reason, I just like them.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to meela

I also prefer the american crafts albums but I also prefer the fabric over the leater/faux leather. I purchased a we r memory keepers album in leather and it bowed (a picture is in my gallery). SB.com sent a replacement and it did the exact same thing. I bought a third one from another place and the same thing happened. So, I figured this was the norm for leather albums and I wont ever purchase another. I like the cloth ones and so far, they are not difficult to dust when needed.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Shutterbugg

Here is a link to my gallery showing a bowed We R Memory keepers leather 12 x 12 three ring binder album.

Bowed We R Memory Keepers album cover By Shutterbugg

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Shutterbugg

That is really strange that yours bowed had to be a defective batch!

I love We R Memories, I have 6 of their leather or faux leather 3 ring albums I love their protectors as well.
I prefer the faux leather they are easier to clean and won't wear on the edges as easily as fabric.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to jaxxan

I have three of the We R Memory keeper albums and I love them!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AmyK75

I use the faux leather from Hobby Lobby.

The reason I decided on thier line is they have the biggest insert space on the spine and I can include everything that is in the scrapbook - if we are on a cruise I can include the complete itinerary.

It's easier to find the book I want when the list of what is inside is so detailed.

Scappinlady
Tenant
Scappinlady

Another vote for faux leather from Hobby Lobby.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Scappinlady

The faux leather from Hobby Lobby is $19.99 but goes on half-price all the time and I pick up 4 or 5 of them. The protective sheets go half price all the time too and I stock up. Probably have 20-25 packs at home of 20 sheets each.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-25-12 06:15 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I have about 8 of the HL faux leather screw post albums I bought years ago, and I love them. I prefer 3 ring now for the ease of use in adding and removing pages, but I still love my fun textured faux leather HL albums. Some look like crocodile, some like ostrich, and I love them all. I should check to see if they are available in 3 ring. Anybody know?

New Kid On the Block
In response to meela

they do have the 3 ring HL albums check out the website

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=19027...

New Kid On the Block

Well this been a lot of help I'm definitely between American Craft 3 ring faux leather album or the Hobby Lobby 3 ring Faux leather album.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I have the faux leather HL one in post-bound and love it. I also have cloth/corderoy AC ones that are D-ring, and I love those too.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scraprabbit

I'm not a fan of the leather albums (I like a little color), so I usually get the fabric ones

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics