Username Post: Hi, my name is Fonzy        (Topic#1569657)
Fonzy 
New Kid On the Block
  • Fonzy on 01-23-12 09:14 PM

I can't wait to get started scrap booking. I am just taking some time to see what everything is and what this site has to offer. Since I am not experienced at this, do you have any suggestions as to were to start or what to do first?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Fonzy

Welcome here!
You can go to classes at the top of the page, click on beginner and sign up for free lessons. Also you can check out the gallery for inspiration. The Ladies here are very helpful and friendly! I hope this helps...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to debby_westbrook

Welcome Fonzy. I would spend a lot of time going throught he gallery and finding styles you like. And like Debby suggested, check out the beginner free lessons.

Then ask questions here - you will get a lot of answers and ideas.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Henri Jean

Hi Fonzy and welcome. One word..... GALLERY!!!! There are so many great ideas there. And the classes offered her are awesome to. Step by step. The people are wonderful. Good luck! Most importantly have fun and let YOUR creative juices flow!

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to scrappnmom2il

Welcome! There are so many great things on this website! Use it to your advantage and the ladies (and guys) here are wonderful! and allways will give advice.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ellybug312

I'm semi-new to this. I've scrapped before but without any classes or anything. I signed up for the free classes so I can do more than wing it. lol Every product has lots of loaded pics that is very helpful... New products are really inspiring to me as well, sorta gets me in the mood to be crafty. I dunno about you, but sometimes I have to be in the mood to make cards, pages, etc. We're all in it together as newbies!

tluvsscrappin
Expert
tluvsscrappin
In response to IndyChicka

welcome to SB!!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 01-29-12 07:30 AM
In response to tluvsscrappin

Welcome to SB.com!! The inspiration is all around! My biggest suggestion is to let the photo inspire you!! Then just run with it! There is no right way or wrong way..just your way!! Disregard what others may think-as you are scrapping for you & yours! Hit the blogs as they are a great place to see detail photos & techniques, plus tons of links for even more inspiration! I find the best layouts are the heartfelt ones! and remember ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!

missyG9
Veteran
missyG9
In response to Fonzy

Welcome! Congratulations on joining the scrapbooking world! Its addictive!

Some suggestions:
Get just a few basic tools & organizers

Here's what I started with:

Photo organizer, Organizer Tool Bag, sharp craft set scissors, paper cutter for 12X12 or smaller paper, Craft Cutting Board, Scrapbooking pens, photo corner clipper, scrapbook runner double side roll tape, book of Basic Colors 12X12 paper, Colored mat stacks (photo background frames), Plastic Page Protectors (might want to shop around for your favorite style album and buy those style page protectors or use what comes with album). Basic Scrapbooking Class at nearest Hobby or Scrapbook Shop.

You can also find a basic scrapbook kit where you will probably get most of what you need to begin, too. A knowledgeable clerk at hobby or scrap shop can help you with basics, too.

Lots of Hobby Shops put out weekly Sales for Scrapbooking stuff. Watch for those and use coupons cuz all this adds up fast! Have Fun!!!

Edited by mrgessler2006 on 01-29-12 09:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to missyG9

Hello friends, my name is Mark Nelson, i am a new member of this great forum and just want to introduce myself here.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to marknelson12

• marknelson12 Said:
Hello friends, my name is Mark Nelson, i am a new member of this great forum and just want to introduce myself here.

I'm new too and just want to say hi and welcome

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to GIGIGI30

Welcome to you all! Glad to have you in the neighborhood!

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to scrappnmom2il

Paper packs from fancy pants, bo bunny, and echo park (I'm sure theres others too but those are some of my favorite) come with paper, alphas, and sticker embellishments pretty much all you need to create a layout. A good pair of scissors and album kit is all I started out with!! But now for me a 12 x 12 paper trimmeris a must!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to simplycrafty

Welcome! This is a great place to hang up and talk scrapbooking!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics