Username Post: Help Making a Valentine Card. . .        (Topic#1569723)
mhmendoza
Expert
mhmendoza

I am a stay at home mom and never get to the store alone so I thought it would be nice to make my boyfriends Valentine Card this year. I have never made a card and only have my scrapbooking supplies to use. What do I need and how do I get started? any tips at all would be very helpful!! Thanks!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to mhmendoza

First decide how big you want the card to be. Does it need to go in an envelope? If so, you'll have to make the card fit the specific envelope you want to use OR make an envelope to fit the card.
As far as the paper size, it's pretty straight forward...if you want a 5x7" card, you need to start with a piece of paper that's 10x7" and then fold it in half.

If you're mailing it, there are different rates you have to pay for odd sizes, so make sure you look at those.

Other than that, just take some cardstock and fold/cut it to the size of card you want. Embellish it how you like There aren't any magic tips for making a basic card, IMO, you just fold paper and decorate it.

Edited by tinacome on 01-25-12 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tinacome

Just think of a card as a mini LO without pics

I like to have a focal point on my card, just like a LO.

Have fun!

My first card was ugly as sin LOL, I feel bad for the person I sent it to! But just have FUN.

Use your scrap supplies, that's what most people use.

I'd suggest starting with an A2 card (4.25x5.5),,,,you can get two bases by cutting an 8.5x11 piece of paper in half.

If you want something a bit larger, go for a 6x6 by cutting a 12x12 in half.

I like to cover the base with pp,,,,,and then go from there!

good luck, and I'd love to see it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics