Username Post: Best paper cutter/trimmer?        (Topic#1569751)
New Kid On the Block

Ok, so I've tried 1 w. a lazer & the cricut trimmer.... Had so-so results with both. At times, I have to enlist family to help cut things! Any advice? I'd rather not spend like 100 bucks but then again, I'm wasting money when things aren't lined up properly. I'm a perfectionist that ends up with an inch of paper left out of a 12x12 it seems! (Sometimes. Seems as though I have "good days" & "bad days" when it comes to trimming. Thanks everyone! =)

Tenant
In response to IndyChicka

I hate it when I get a pile of 1 inch strips but I use a pair of fancy edging scissors to make a nice strip and use it for decorating a page or card, and you can layer more than one. Or you can make cool bookmarks.
You can get all kinds of cutting boards for a reasonable price that have lines drawn on them and measurements like the ruler and different blades for fancier cuts (like the pinking blade). Fiskars carry quite a few and almost every top brand.Have you checked out the store here?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Michelle Adams

Ask 10 scrappers and you'll get ten opinions,,,,,

trimmers are pretty personal things, and different people like different trimmers for different reasons.

For myself,,,,,,I loved my MM trimmer,,,,,,

but I've been through FOUR of them. Forget it, not worth replacing a million times,,,,,

I went to staples and bought a 30 dollar guillotine trimmer that can handle all the abuse I give it LOL.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to CommaHolly

That's what I ended up doing. I bought my guillotine cutter in June and have not had one problem with it. Before, my trimmers would tug and tear my paper! Frustrating, especially when it even happened with a brand new trimmer!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to jaspernonyx

I highly recommend Fiskars. They have many styles and come in lots of price ranges. It's easy to find replacement blades and Fiskars has excellent customer service and guarantees. I own 4 different ones. I use 2 at the school I teach at...so you know they get lots of use. You can type in Fiskars trimmers on the store here and look at the different styles.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I love love love me Carl cutter. It has additional blades to go with it in all sorts of shapes. It is the only cutter I can work with, I have tried others but no luck. Dont know what it is but I am hooked on this brand. I am not sure if they still available everywhere, I had a hard time locating a new one. Me old one is wearing out (not the blade but the ruler), bought one second hand that was new. The Carl cutter I use is the light blue one, I also bought a huge grey one but not have the space to use it yet The thing I love about it, is the seperate blade available to it.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to TheCharmedOne

You can find Carl's at staples every day. I have a carl and I like it but don't love it my fave was the MM but it started cutting crooked eventually. Right now I have an MM I don't like.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a Friskers and love it! You can buy interchangeable blades with designs to shake things up with.

New Kid On the Block
In response to tcletoaddison

I have a Carl which I use most of the time but I also have a big guillotine cutter that I use when I have a lot to cut or big jobs. A real good guillotine can't be beat but the lightweight plastic ones are no good. I have a nice wood one and am going to by another one that is smaller. I used my big one in my classroom and am soon retiring and the big one just takes up too much space.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to fogrammy

I honesty DONT like my Carl.. It's annoying but maybe cuz I don't no how 2 use it.. but I want a Fiskars.. just because I've read a lot of reviews & they say It's really amazing... Want 1 really bad!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I have a Fiskars that I really like! I had the Cutterpede one, but it broke in no time at all!! I had the fiskars with the blade & it stinks, but the one with the rotary blade is fantastic!! I think with Fiskers... you get whatcha pay for, so go for the one that it a little more $$

beejo
beejo 
Tenant
beejo
  • beejo on 02-21-12 08:47 AM
In response to Karen3066

Over the years I've tried many trimmers. My favourite by far is Fiskars, the one with the blue leaf design. It has a guide wire. I bought mine with a 50% coupon at Michael's & it still cost me about $30. Here it's less than $24.00. Great price! I've had two now because the wire on my first one frayed. I took pictures of it and sent it to Fiskars and they promptly sent me a new one. They also sell titanium replacement blades, these are fantastic, last a long time and I use mine a lot! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Babs

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to beejo

I love my Cutterpede rotary. Mine is purple. I've had it for 4 years now and I've only needed to replace the cutting mats. I only recently put a new blade in. The trimmer is wearing out now but I shall buy another the same when it finally gives up the ghost.

I have a Fiskars mini blade trimmer too. It doesn't give as clean nor as straight a cut, but it will do for travelling.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics