Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Anyone familiar with The Scraprack?        (Topic#1569757)
Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I just recently found this and I'm thinking about buying it. I would like to know what others think of it. I found a few, very few, reviews and it seems either you love it or hate it but the only strong reason I found to dislike it was that the velcro doesn't stay. The other reason is that the pockets tore cuticles. I won't use it for paper but I like the idea of having a catalog of my stamps, general cricut cuts with the cart listed, my brads, eyelets and other embellies, stickers etc.

Would love to hear from anyone who has it.

Thanks!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Scrapingbliss

I don't have one, but a friend does

it's BIG and heavy

she has a whole scrap room, so it's not an issue for her, but I would never have room for it in my work space

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to madmatter

I have a whole room as well, and I don't go to crops so I wouldn't plan on moving it much. I hope to keep it to just the one size so it fits on my L-shaped tables. Does your friend like it for the storage?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I don't have one, but I saved this idea in my favorites.....

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139929/view /2658109/...

This is a catalog rack, and it appears to be the same thing, only cheaper.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• Scrapingbliss Said:
I have a whole room as well, and I don't go to crops so I wouldn't plan on moving it much. I hope to keep it to just the one size so it fits on my L-shaped tables. Does your friend like it for the storage?

she loves it, but she doesn't bring it to crops with her ... it just lives on a separate table in her craft room. It sounds like you have a similar situation so it might be a good choice for you.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to madmatter

Actually its a really nice thing to have and they now have a travel version. You just take the spinders off and line them up in a case.

My friend and I saw it in person at the expo. The full rack was perfect for her because she didn't have a scrap room at the time. It folds down very quickly and sets up really fast. She took it to a 4 day crop we attended. She was up and going before any of us could find our pictures. She said she got a lot more done as well.

I would say start small and see how you like it, you can always go back and expand it later if need be.

Edited by jaxxan on 01-26-12 05:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to jaxxan

Thanks for the information, ladies. Very helpful. DH has told me I can get the basic set for an early birthday present but with s/h it's up there...wanted to really get a good opinion of...Thanks Jill for the details!

Expert
In response to jaxxan

I had never heard of the scraprack...but i just watched the video on it...and I know it wouldn't work for me. Too big and bulky..and I know I wouldn't put things back the way they should be.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to deedee49

Yes, its definitely an organizational system you need to be committed to it. It has to fit with your working style!
I do have to say I am inspired when I go through her rack and see all her embellishments, paper etc. organized by color.

Oh I was going to say that when she folded it down it fit into her largest rolling tote from CM. She would put it in there when she was done or going to a crop.

I hope you enjoy it Kim!

Edited by jaxxan on 01-26-12 08:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 01-26-12 08:10 PM
In response to jaxxan

I have a scrappy friend who loves hers. I thought about purchasing one, but haven't made the plunge. It looks like it would be super to flip through and quickly find things. I worry a bit about the durability of the pockets if you use it a lot.

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma
In response to meela

I don't happen to have one, though plan to get one some day. However, I love the organizing system that goes with it. I first learned about it six years ago when I attended one of the SR organizing classes at an expo.

Whether or not you decide to get a SR, I highly recommend the "4-section" system of organization. It really helps you use all your supplies and not forget what you have.

My supplies are stored in an IKEA Expedit unit in big cube boxes and according to the 4-Section system.

Best part is that the organizing classes are free.

Edited by MammaJamma on 01-26-12 09:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to MammaJamma

Cindy, I found the rack when I found the 4 step system. I am taking their free class right now. I've already organized my paper with their steps and I'm in the process of cleaning and organizing my room. That's why I was think of getting the rack.

Jill, I think it would be lovely to sit at my desk and flip through the "sections" and either pull out the embellishment I want or see the cricut cut I want, or pull out the nestie I want to use...oooooo...I get a thrill just thinking about it! LOL

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Pam, I've thought about that, but I've heard the pockets are pretty durable. The biggest issue I've found if the velcro not staying put but that only happens when the base unit is set up upside down...from what I've read.

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee

I tried the catolog holder too and was great- except that it took up too much room on table and my hubby could see how many things I was adding to it!

rattiescrap
Tenant
rattiescrap
In response to Linda Haulsee

i had one, got rid of it. i needed 2 put together and that didnt include paper. it does organize you but it isnt easy to put things back..actually it may still be in the garage...humm..it just wasnt for me.,,maybe i should check the garage, i could give you a deal!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to rattiescrap

Oooooh, look and see! Look and see!!

I love the concept of it and I can see where it could be so helpful, especially if I keep it on my table. It would be nice to sit there and flip through the pages and decide what embellies or glitter or whatever I wanted to use. But it's so darn expensive and it looks like they will only accept returns if you "Used it per their system"...not sure how hard it would be to proof that to their satisfaction.

rattiescrap
Tenant
rattiescrap

I will look and see PROMISE.. I will let you know monday if i still have it , Right now i would but i am trying to plan 2 weddings and help my MIL move ...so its kinda hectic ..BUT i promise if you give me a day or two.. I will get back to you and let you know what i have ..THE garage is FULL of wedding stuff and OLD scrapbooking stuff from when i re-organized my room ... SO it is not just a matter of going out and checking , i will have to do some DIGGING .. LOL ..but i will let you know ...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rattiescrap

I used to be a directory assistance operator years and years ago...before computers...when a real person actually answered your 411 call. Anyway we had books...with new listings being added everyday..the books had to be updated and replaced a lot. The 3 holed loose pages were attached to a metal spine which hooked onto a big metal stand that stood at an angle and then all these books stood open and we would just sit there and literally thumb through them for phone numbers. I never forgot those things...and when everything went to computers, I wondered whatever happened to those things...they were used by operators all over the country...NOW I KNOW!! Those scrapracks are exactly like what the DA operators used. ..EXACTLY. They sound like a good idea. I have no room for one..they can get big.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Hi. I've had mine for four years and love it. It's on top of a bookcase that is about 4' tall that I keep my punches in. I have two bases now and it is to my left when I'm sitting at my table.

I can stand up and in a few seconds find an embellishment I want/need to use. I love their system.

I had the components on my birthday and Christmas wish lists for several years.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Sunnydi

I their system and have their pages and dividers, but I didn't want they "splayed" look on display!

Instead, I used 12x12 3-ring albums and set them on my shelves along with my other albums. I used the type of album with a window on the front cover and printed out labels (Events A-K, Events L-Z, Calendar, Colors, Page Kits, Embellishments, etc.).
http://store.scrapbook.com/ac-76026.html

Edited by Mrs Jocco on 08-12-12 09:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics