Username Post: Good machine for dry embossing?        (Topic#1569785)
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I am looking for recommendations for a good machine for dry embossing. I have a Silhouette Cameo already so I don't really need something like a Big Shot. I'm thinking about a Sizzix Texture Boutique. I know that it has size limitations but I'm thinking I want to use embossing for card making and as embellishment for my sb pages. I would appreciate any recommendations or comments you might have. Thanks!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Crafty1997

I've got a Silhouette too, but I love my big shot! you might be surprised at what you so with the options you have with it. there are times you want to cut chipboard or plastic or fabric or thick glitter paper...

but if you are set against the big shot, I'd suggest the cuttlebug.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-26-12 07:52 PM
In response to Rosita

The TB is great, but yeah - it ONLY does embossing. If you really think you can resist the pull of Nesties and the like, I say go for it. I have a Gazelle, and for the same reason as you're thinking I got a TB. This only lasted a few months, lol. Now I have both a Gazelle and a Big Shot and I wouldn't give up either one. A manual die-cutting machine is so nice to have for papers and fabrics that don't do well in an electronic cutter. Also sometimes I like to cut a precisely aligned photo or a specific pattern out of a piece of patterned paper, and it's infinitely easier to do this with a manual machine.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to stick

I'm in lone with my Spellbinder Grand Calibur. It not only embosses, but it also cuts up to 8" wide and about 11 inches long. The dies are amazing. It can also use any embossing folders out there. Very versatile manual machine.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Mother Goose

Oh No!! I was afraid you would all say that! I think you guys twisted my arm. I think I'll put the Big Shot on my wish list. Thanks for the comments.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Crafty1997

I love my cuttlebug. Inexpensive. Can use for embossing and is compatible with most dies.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics