Username Post: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads        (Topic#1569805)
New Kid On the Block

Are these acid free?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-27-12 09:41 AM
In response to Pam Humphrey

Yes.

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to stick

yep, if you look at the product in the photo, they say acid free on the ink box.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to whateveriwant

yes

southernbelle777
Veteran
southernbelle777
In response to SmartyPants

All of the distress inks are acid free.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to southernbelle777

yes they are!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to SmartyPants

If someone did ask this question before, please forgive me in advance. I have a few 40 and 50% coupons for J's, M's and ACM for this weekend and would like to make my first investment on the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads that I heard so much about. What are your suggestions? What should I get first? You know, the must-have just to start? I know I'll be addicted after a few of them, but for now I'm trying to keep it on at least 3 or 4.

Thanks!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to GIGIGI30

Honestly, the best colors for you probably depend on what colors you scrap with mostly. We all tend to gravitate toward some and stay away from others it seems.

I started with Tea Dye and was very happy with that one as a first choice, because it is a basic medium brown and gives that aged look to papers. Vintage Photo is very much like it. I would buy one or the other (not both) if you are just getting a few.

I also really liked the Walnut Stain (my second choice). It is a really dark brown that can almost pass for black. Of course, you could also just buy Black Soot (which is black). I like having both of these.

But more recently, I've purchased Worn Lipstick (pink), Blue China (turquoise), Dusty Concord (purple), and Faded Denim (a darker blue) among a few others and they each have their own purposes. I still don't have them all but I still haven't made a bad color choice yet. Good luck and have fun!

Edited by KatieJo on 03-14-12 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics