Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: s/o of upset over scraplifting post....        (Topic#1569843)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to MommaSaid

Just to point out....

Mondays are not my favorite day. I tend towards cranky.

People getting their panties in a twist make me cranky. This is never good.

Anyone who wishes to discuss/argue the finer points of board rules is perfectly free to PM me. You probably won't "win"....but I'm happy to clarify at any point in time.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I just think it's a matter of manners. It's proper etiquette (from what I've been taught) to give credit where credit is due. If I'm using a sketch, I always put the source that I got it from in my description when uploading. If I'm scraplifting someone, I also source the original layout in my description. I usually put "inspired by" because it's rare that I copy something product-for-product and placement-for-placement. I'm not even sure if that's possible in real life. Anyhow - if I ever get lucky enough to have someone lift my work, I'd want credit, so I always give others credit.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

from MY point of view,,,,,

I'd like to know who you copied,,,,,or what sketch you used,,,,

scrap lifting is a SKILL,,,,following a sketch is a SKILL,,,,,

gee whiz, tell us you copied so we can tell you what a fantabulous job you did COPYING!

missyG9
Veteran
missyG9
In response to scrappercaz

Well, Here is how I understand it... We all know when we create something looking almost exactly like another. If its something you couldnt have done at all without looking hard at another's work-- then you should give the artist credit. If someone has copied my work--- better let me know immediately because I would be thrilled and it would make my day!! Its quite a compliment! But, I am a beginner and haven't patented any scrapbook designs.LOL!

missyG9
Veteran
missyG9
In response to CommaHolly

Doesnt describe anyone in my house or entire family! But, its a nice model to try and follow. Best of Intentions are worth a lot!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
I just think it's a matter of manners. It's proper etiquette (from what I've been taught) to give credit where credit is due. If I'm using a sketch, I always put the source that I got it from in my description when uploading. If I'm scraplifting someone, I also source the original layout in my description. I usually put "inspired by" because it's rare that I copy something product-for-product and placement-for-placement. I'm not even sure if that's possible in real life. Anyhow - if I ever get lucky enough to have someone lift my work, I'd want credit, so I always give others credit.

This "proper etiquette" idea seems to always catch people by surprise especially newcomers. For a hobby that "has no rules" there sure seems to be some rules.

If we/scrapbook.com feels so strongly about this, they could add a "field" to the description to specifically list references/credits/infuen ces.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-01-12 04:03 PM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

That's a good point, Gelidy...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Huskymom

I like that idea too - would be helpful.

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics