Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Help with SIMPLE scrapbooks for a newbie!        (Topic#1569851)
missyG9
Veteran
missyG9
In response to shootapear

Well, I've got 15 years of 3 kids photos & 50 years of my parents pics to do. Maybe that will make yours seem not so overwhelming! My dining room has become a scrapbooking war zone! I happened upon some awesome photo organizers at my local hobby store and thats helping a lot! The organizing sounds like what you need to start with. Good luck!

Edited by mrgessler2006 on 01-29-12 09:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to missyG9

• mrgessler2006 Said:
Well, I've got 15 years of 3 kids photos & 50 years of my parents pics to do. Maybe that will make yours seem not so overwhelming!

Yikes... you definitely have your hands full then. I counted last night and I have nearly 400 4x6 pics printed of daughter's 1st year. I know I narrowed them down to the best ones too before printing them. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I first bought "Make It Acid Free" at Archivers in Atlanta. We've moved to Florida and my LSS orders it for me. Got a call a few days ago that they have 2 cans for me to pick up when I get home.

They only way to know if it really works is to keep looking at the older stuff. So far its all holding up great with no yellowing or deteriorating.

New Kid On the Block
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
Oh, and d-ring (3-ring) albums are super easy to work with. I'm a fan of the post-bound for the nicer "finished" look at the end, but you can't beat d-ring for the ease of use.

I was thinking about doing this... using the 3-rings to store pages while I am working on an album, then when I'm done, moving the finished pages to a post-bound album. How does this work? Are the post-bound and the 3-ring page protectors the same/compatible or would you have to buy different protectors for each album?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to missyG9

Archiver's has a easy scrapbooking sheets. Where ou just put it in the pockets, like someone mentioned above. I have not even started my kid's baby books (my son is 16 and daughter soon to be 14), but I have everything seperated and ready to be scrapped. Their first year I have seperate and then it all goes in to a "Remember (and the year) family album. As soon as I am caught up, I will make copies of the lo's and make a book for each kid. Hopefully, I will have this done before they have kids of their own. I highly recommend the 3ring albums. And 12x12 or larger. The 8x8 or smaller are a pain and take forever. They are good for smaller events but not for bigger ones.

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to scrappnmom2il

For some good free prinables, start here:

http://pinterest.com/trisht/printables-i-l ove/

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• shootapear Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
Oh, and d-ring (3-ring) albums are super easy to work with. I'm a fan of the post-bound for the nicer "finished" look at the end, but you can't beat d-ring for the ease of use.

I was thinking about doing this... using the 3-rings to store pages while I am working on an album, then when I'm done, moving the finished pages to a post-bound album. How does this work? Are the post-bound and the 3-ring page protectors the same/compatible or would you have to buy different protectors for each album?

Hmmm....I know some are, and some are a little different. I wish I had some brand names for you.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scraprabbit

For the most part they are compatible. I ditched all my postbounds - 27 of them and went to all 3-ring.

I like the look of the postbound better but I like everything else about the 3-ring better. Sometimes I go back and add a page or move a page.

Also, the 3 rings will hold an entire vacation in one book. ANd the spines actually give you a place to list what is inside each book. I have 19 of the 3-rings completed.

The 27 post bounds made 17 or 18 nice 3-rings.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 02-07-12 04:24 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I thnk the divided page protectors are the way to go for the easiest/simplest scrapbooking. If you have an AC Moore near you, you will find the divided page protectors there. They are made by WRMK. I don't know if Michael's carries them. I've never seen them at my M's. You may be able to order them online, too. Here, of course, or other retailers. Even Amazon.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

• shootapear Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:

I store my finished pages in one of the 12x12 plastic tubs, they hold a lot. Albums add up when they are in the $20 -30 range, When I bought my plastic case it was on sale for $8.

Something similar to this.......

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-08-12 09:44 PM
In response to jaxxan

I like the 3 ring albums because I mix and match the sizes of my page protectors: 12x12, 8.5x11 and 6x12. And like Henri pointed out, they hold a lot more pages than post bound. And I could never get the outside spine to look nice once I expanded them.
As for free printables, I just saw on the project life website that becky has posted some free printables (I'm sure they've been there a while but I just came across them last night). www.beckyhiggins.com/freestuff/
They are 3"x4" journaling cards on the right hand side. One style is plain grid paper but the other one further down matches two of the project life collections.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MoniL

Mne didn't look right either once I expanded them - I just didn't care for the look of the expanded post bound books.

Plus, i couldn't find anything. Now I can write all the themes or subjects int he scrapbook on the spine! (Actually I type it.)

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics