Page 4 of 26 
Username Post: FEBRUARY NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1569905)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hey all....I'm back!!!
Okay...first welcome to Reneeann! We do have fun here and I hope you will as well.
Jake did a great job Dayna! I love it when kids do arts & crafts. I had my 2 grandkids make their dad birthday cards last week. I bought the stickers & papers and the only thing I did for them was the paper cutter. Awesome job & he'll love it.
Donna...been into those martinis again!?! Dogs roving the site? Really???? LOL....At first I thought you were referring to the bunny on your avi...that's the night I needed a martini!
Denise...very glad to hear your uncle's surgery went well. How's he doing? How's your DH & the family?
Hi Katy...get any new snow? It's clear up here so I figure you are getting it!
Jeannie...Love the H>E>L>L> reference. How appropriate!!
Mel...is that 20 layouts & 20 cards in 1 mo? Holy cow...but what a fun challenge! Good luck!
Anna...thanks for the inspiration on the photo below. It was fun to try that!

And now...can I introduce myself.....(and my new wig)---No need to post comments...just thought it was time.
Me 2012 By Abby0317

and Anna's inspiration to me: This was fun...everyone out to try it!

Me By Abby0317

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Terry I would never know that is a wig. Lovely photo...love the close up...you should use it as your avi.

Welcome Reneeann.

I love Jakes box. Mom didn't help at all right?? We still have stuff around here that the kids created. You will come to treasure that even more.

I was just wondering what product or embelly do you ladies use more than others to where it is almost an obsession. Besides the obvious flowers and bling my addiction seems to be doilies..I am working on a heritage layout right now and a doily made its way onto the page..so I started counting how many layouts I've done with doilies...and I stopped counting at 32...that's over 2 years, but still. I'm not comfortable if I can't put at least one of those things on a layout.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Just a little card for my DH....of course, there is something sweet on the inside! TFL!

Yes, I know I misspelled my own name. Too tired to worry about it tonight!

February Pod #3 Mini 3/10 Made with Love By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 02-02-12 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU2H

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Moving on to 1960. I trolled the info from Wikipedia and the drawings as well. They are in the Public Domain so its not copyright infringement. If you can zoom in on the photo you can see my cute little skirt set my mom made me. I was 4 and my brother was 7.

Knotts Berry Farm By Rockmom

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, my usual style is not the frilly LO full of embellishments. I do tend to use a lot of cardstock and something cut with my silhouette. I love flowers and lace and pretties its just that I want to scrap in a "flat" manner in the hope that things hold up longer. It may not matter but that is my hope. Sometimes I give in to my urge to add lots of dimention and that makes me happy.

Love the photos Terry, you are beautiful!! and I deffinately would not have guessed that you are wearing a wig.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Thank you guys...maybe one day the hair will grow back...if not..oh well!

And here's what I did while the kiddies were off at school:
O Christmas Tree By Abby0317
Christmas Wishes By Abby0317
Naughty or Nice? By Abby0317
Merry Christmas By Abby0317

I'm acu finally...awesome work everyone! I applaud you Mel for the effort of doing 20/20! It more than I could commit to!

Jeannie...I love bling and hard to do a LO without it but I think the one thing I do more than anything (and it's time consuming) is to matt or double matt all my photos. I'd love to put a butterfly or 3 on all my LOs too.

BB tomorrow!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

DAO
Knotts Berry Farm (2nd) By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 02-02-12 11:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

D2O....BBL2CU

Bridal Shower By Anna C

WINTER By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Ok....now I am acu2h.

Great layouts ladies!

Terry, you got to do a lot of scrapping while you were gone. Good for you! Love your self portraits. You are such a beautiful lady and it is great to connect the face with the name too!

Jeannie, I'm by bling like you are dollies. I really have to fight the urge not to add bling somewhere. The last two layouts that I just added...their sketches did not call for bling, but I sure found places for some so I just had to add it. I have lots of dollies in various sizes in my stash, but don't use them very often. Maybe I will drag them out and start using them now.

Happy Friday everyone!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU2H

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning all!

Welcome back Terry! Love your photos..can't tell its a wig. It looks fantastic! I bet your grandkids were so excited to make their dad cards-sounds like fun =). No ,martinis...I swear! I am on a dog hunt now...got to get a screen shot of him lol

Jeannie-to answer your question....punches. Looking back at my layouts I use alot of my punches. And my Nesties. And my printer (for journaling and titles)Oh...alomost forgot-my black Copic. I use that on almost all my pictures. For some reason I hate when I can see white around the edges of my photos lol

Sexy card Anna!

Denise-those old family photos are priceless! I wish my parents took more pictures when us kids were growing up. Everytime I come in contact with another family member I beg for old family photos. When I go to New York in March I'm bringing a scanner so I can scan what I can =)

Hey hey to everyone else! TGIF!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning! I swear we had 1 week of winter and are now moving onto spring.

I never thought about using copics on the edges of photos...hmmm! I have used permament markers in gold or silver tho.

Have a good one...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

me2

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

acu2h

TGIF
it raining today it so gloomy and terie and mel is home today it teacher work shop day so no school!
i did do 3 tags for a contest and could post them
the place is acting up real bad,my lower back been hurting for 2 days so when i got up this morning it was not hurting to bad until it started raining now the pain took some advill

terry love your pic you are too cute,what wig that look like your real hair!

tags By Tealbrand

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to tealbrand

ACU!

i'm trying to think what my go to embellie or tools, and right now, I have the cricut expression 2 and I tried it with the craft room and well, I LOVE IT!!!!!! I used it alot last weekend.

I'm usually a mat kind of scrapper, almost all my pages have at least 1 mat on it.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to JediScrapToo

Another one...

Knotts Berry Farm (3rd) By Rockmom

Mel,hope your back feels better soon. We had very heavy rain again last night during the night, not thunder, lightning or wind but the rain was heavy enough to wake me up - sounded like someone was hammering on the roof! Saw on the news that your area of TX is no longer under drought, we are still here but if this keeps up maybe won't be for long. We shall see.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

and another...
Knotts Berry Farm (4th) By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Mel hope your back gets better really fast.

I enjoyed reading what embellies ya'all hve to have on your layouts.
Today dd1 told me her boyfriend says my layouts are so detailed they don't fit in the albums anymore...boy is that true....I do make a flat one occasionally and I know I should make more but I cannot help myself..besides what will I do with these 10,000 flowers? He actually likes my layouts btw.
I'm gonna go work on another fat layout now.

Tonight dh and I are going out with friends for drinks and then dinner and tomorrow night we are taking my bff out to dinner for her bday and Sunday is the annual SuperBowl party at another friends place....lots of food there always..lots of people...football pools that we never win. Is anyone doing anything for Superbowl Sunday? I'm not even into football but it should be fun anyway.

In two weeks Katy is coming here for a weekend sister crop..we'll probably go to Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley...anyone wanna go there...you'd all go crazy !!!...they have EVERYTHING!

Page 4 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics