Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Making cards        (Topic#1569977)
armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I was wondering,,,When you have all your supplies and you are ready to create a card,,Do you find yourself making Just one card and then switching to a different design? or Do you make a few of the same card. Then change and start a new design of card. I like to make 6 or 8 of the same card, then I move on to the next.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to armygirl

Use to make each card differently, this took way to much time. Now I do them in bulk batches using same design but different paper and different emblishments so that each one is simaler but unique too.

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 01-31-12 08:58 AM
In response to Drayia

I use the same design basics but change the stamp, paper color, etc to make them diffrent.Unless it's an invite to a gathering of some sort,why do an identical card?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to law

I don't think I've ever made the same card twice.

It would make more sense to, perhaps I should give it a try.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to kelseymel

I make 6 of the same card, because I give cards to my mom for her use,, My daughter sometimes uses them for her friends birthdays,and My Hubby sends his Mom a card each month..(she lives in Texas)I use them to send out for family members, also good idea to have a card at all times, for any occasion.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to armygirl

I really try to make a couple of the same card. If I'm using my Cricut, then I usually cut at least 2 of everything in case I mess one up (tearing, gluing wrong side, etc.), but because of my somewhat limited supplies, both cards usually end up a little different anyways. I'm trying to make a bunch of cards to have on hand when a birthday or something comes up.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to veejer

I try to make several the same, especially if I've found a unisex deign. Girlie cards are so easy and fun, but I have few girlie recipients. Universal cards are always in demand. I leave the greeting off too, so that I can add that at the last minute to suit birthday, thank you, hello or whatever.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I try to make several the same, especially if I've found a unisex deign. Girlie cards are so easy and fun, but I have few girlie recipients. Universal cards are always in demand. I leave the greeting off too, so that I can add that at the last minute to suit birthday, thank you, hello or whatever.

That's a great idea to add the sentiment (greeting) when you're ready to use it.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to armygirl

Hmmmm - need to try to make several of the same design cards - maybe that is why I am a slooooooowwww card maker.

New Kid On the Block
In response to prittb

i just started making cards and I've found making at least 3 cards of each design works well for me. I'll use one and save the others for whatever or whenever I need them next. I also make some general cards with no greetings and apply the appropriate greeting when I use the card.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to alainababy09

The only time I make completely matching cards is when I'm hired to do a matching set.

Otherwise, I don't enjoy making cards that are the same - I like changing it up a bit. It doesn't really take me any longer, I just use different stuff!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Here Kitty

I have made only one at a time but I think it's time to change that. I should try to do at least 3 of the same design... even though I might use different colors. I could build up a stash that way instead of making one when I need it. Good topic.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I just find it a whole lot easier to make a few of the same cards with the supplies that I already have out. Plus I try to use alot of my scraps too.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to armygirl

I have only made one at a time but you ladies seem to have the right idea. When I need one in a hurry I have to run out and buy one. So the next card I make will be a set of more than one. Thanks for the info ladies.

scrappinroz
Tenant
scrappinroz
In response to tcletoaddison

I have tried both ways. i make cards for the missionaries who visit the nursing homes. So I usually create 50 of the same and then mix and match with left over papers and elements. I change the wording on the last fifty. I get bored if I had to create 100 of the same. lol

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappinroz

I usually make a few to even several of the same design. Designing is what takes so long and when I make something I really love than I can't just have one. I send cards for every holiday to my family and friends who are widowed so they are never forgotten and it is usually the same card to all of them with a few little changes.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to tcletoaddison

• tcletoaddison Said:
I have only made one at a time but you ladies seem to have the right idea. When I need one in a hurry I have to run out and buy one. So the next card I make will be a set of more than one. Thanks for the info ladies.

I have a box of cards ready, So hopefully I won't ever have to run out and buy any,,They are so costly.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to fogrammy

• fogrammy Said:
I usually make a few to even several of the same design. Designing is what takes so long and when I make something I really love than I can't just have one. I send cards for every holiday to my family and friends who are widowed so they are never forgotten and it is usually the same card to all of them with a few little changes.

I agree with you,,trying to come up with a design is what takes me the longest time,,But when I do find a card I like I will make more than 6 or 8 of them, LOL

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to armygirl

I've done both ... what I try to do is make a card right after I make a LO, using the scraps created from the page, because I HATE having leftover scraps. I very often use the design of the LO to inspire the card as well.

I usually keep the sentiment off until I need it, and I try to do at least SOME unisex cards, because I never seem to have any of those when I need them.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
I've done both ... what I try to do is make a card right after I make a LO, using the scraps created from the page, because I HATE having leftover scraps. I very often use the design of the LO to inspire the card as well.

I usually keep the sentiment off until I need it, and I try to do at least SOME unisex cards, because I never seem to have any of those when I need them.

THIS is such a great idea!!! I'm definitely going to try and incorporate that in my scrapping.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics